Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceIndustryMarketingOutdoorsScanning

Any one use for signage?1647

JoeMontaleone private msg quote post Address this user
Hello. I'm wondering if anyone has used Matterport for outside signage. To shoot an entire strip mall, and use the measuring tool to measure the signage used, or perhaps pole signs. The cost and time of sending someone to measure, with a lift truck may supercede a scan session.

Any thoughts or experience?
Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Joe

First and for most the MP camera is not a Faro and is not really intended to be used for external scans. You can shoot outside but the sun must be beyond the point of view of the camera. That doesn't mean hidden behind clouds it means hidden behind buildings or below the horizon so the sun's IR is not picked up by the camera as this is what the camera uses for its alignment.

That said it would be an interesting experiment to conduct to see if you can actually use the camera for this purpose. If you do proceed with the shoot please let me know how it turned out and were you successful in capturing the measurements of the signage at the mall.

Best regards
Gary
Post 2 IP   flag post
JoeMontaleone private msg quote post Address this user
@GarySnyder
Thanks, Gary! That's good to know. I'll conduct a test after sundown sometime soon, and we'll see what happens. Much appreciated!
Post 3 IP   flag post
101636 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?