Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CarGPSMileageTaxTips

IRS mileage rates down 1.5 cents for 2021 - How do you track?16348

WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
IRS issues standard mileage rates for 2021

The 2021 rate of 56 cents per mile driven for business use, is down 1.5 cents from the 57.5 rate from 2020.

Dan had a Business Expense Question of the Day last year?:
Tax Question of the Day: How do you keep track of your mileage for tax expense?

Did any new services come on the scene?

Has anyone come up with a way to track their mileage without using a battery draining app running on their phone or having to pay a monthly service fee to have a tracker on their car?

Perhaps a camera mount with built in GPS tracking?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Matt19 private msg quote post Address this user
@VTLV I use excel! Usually use notes and then put into excel as time allows. Happy go share if you private message me.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
MileIQ here. Worth every penny.
Post 3 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
Quick question : Why don't you charge the price you want for traveling?
I personally charge the highest between either $1/km or $1/min. It's my time, I charge what I want, right?

I'm in Canada (soon to be renamed Chinada!), so maybe it's different and more regulated in the US...

Cheers,
Matt
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
@ArchimedStudio - IRS gives us a deduction. I like having the ability to shave my income down by about $10,000 if I can show it being tracked in some manner and back up my numbers.

@Chemistrydoc Mile IQ appears to be the front runner at about $60 for the year. Not bad.

@Matt19 - I lost everything in a mileage folder somehow on a spreadsheet plus the PDFs from Google maps. I might have to tap your brain on that.

I'm leaning heavy onto Trakkit. But they're on backorder. $120 with no monthly or annual fees. Runs on battery or tie to your wiring harness. Talks to your wi-fi when you get home and download whenever what you need when the car is on wifi. No draining the iphone battery with apps and maps.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101646 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?