Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3DvistaSelf Hosting

self hosting with 3D Vista Virtual Tour Pro16347

kmusawi private msg quote post Address this user
I'm very new to virtual hosting and 3D vista has caught my eye with its vast features on offer and with a single license fee ( I am not a fan of monthly membership fees) that materport offers.

I know 3D Vista offers a hosting service however I I'm fairly tech savvy , run my own Linux virtual private servers for email hosting and web development ect but I cant seem to find any guidance on what the required VPS specs are needed when hosting 3D Vista Tours.

I know it depends on various factors such as image quality , length of tour, video clips (if any) but I would like some high level guidance to understand the system resources.

If its a basic house virtual tour ( ~50MB) in size , images only (approx. 15 photos ) few hot spots what are the recommended VPS specs ? I'm trying to work out how much I need to scale the server when multiple users view the same tour and multiple users viewing multiple tours on the same server.

I will be running WordPress on the VPS ( low overhead theme as it have minimal plugins ) so I can easily run the site smoothly on a VPS with 1 core , 1G Ram however how does this change when I start using the same server that have the tours hosted on it ?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Premium
Lahaina, Hawaii
Skeeter private msg quote post Address this user
Fallowing
Post 2 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
Follow
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
Meidansha private msg quote post Address this user
Following. I have the same set up.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@kmusawi

Thank you for joining the We Get Around Network Forum and for your (insightful) question.

I reached out to 3DVista Support with your question. 3DVista Support writes:

"We only use Windows and Mac servers, and then other solutions like Amazon S3 and Google Cloud (we use both for our hosting service). But the question he is asking will probably require a Linux expert to be answered."

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I am not sure you need to worry about simultaneous connections. Unless you are hosting a tour for something really big with a lot of web traffic it is very unlikely you will have a lot of users exploring one tour or even a few of them at the same time.

What you need to worry though is your server iNode limit. Each pano from your tours by the way they are built and shown in a browser is being sliced into multiple small tiles, stored in its own folder and on top of that they come with an option to see them on different resolution screens.

I have a self hosted tour done in Pano2VR and it has 43 x 360 from a Theta Z1. When I created it for self hosting it generated about 4700 files and about 2500 folders and that is only what required for each pano tiles in different resolutions.

This tour failed to run on a free hosting two year sago due to a small iNode Limit. I gave it to a client after that so they could host it on their website.

It does seem to run on the same free hosting now. It looks like they have increased the limit in general or just for me so I consider buying a paid hosting from then. You can see the tour here
Post 6 IP   flag post
101641 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?