Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 31 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BackupCapture AppRestore

Matterport Backup16319

Matt19 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all,

I am wondering when Matterport added this feature? I went to directly to YouTube and saw that the video is dated 1/13/2022. I didn't hear anything about this and only happened to stumbled across it recently. Is this something Matterport shared and I missed it? I remember not being able to backup being a pain point and now there seems to be a decent solution.

clickable text

What is everyone's thoughts on this? Are we happy with this backup solution?
Post 1 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
I would like to be able to back up multiple tours in one go.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
I vaguely remember an announcement on this feature I am still using iMazing for backing up my models
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport Video: Capture for iOS: Backup + Restore your Model Data | video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 13 January 2022

Matterport Video: Capture for Android: Backup + Restore your Model Data | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 13 January 2022

@Matt19

I posted these videos - iOS / Android - to the WGAN Forum on January 13, 2022, when I noticed the Matterport videos (above):

Matterport Video: Capture for iOS: Backup + Restore your Model Data
Matterport Video: Capture for Android: Backup + Restore your Model Data

How might you use this Matterport Export/Import (Restore/Transfer) Feature?

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
@CharlesHH That is a great idea! I am currently working my way through the process of backing up all my models since I didn't know that was even an option. It is taken quite some time. Good news I am doing in the background while I am doing other admin work on my computer. It seems to take quite a while to back up one model so I am not sure they would be able to do allow multiple jobs at once.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Matt19

And, this related WGAN Forum discussion may be helpful:

How to Transfer a Matterport scan to a client (without processing)?

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod so you did tell us Dan! I am surprised Matterport didn't send out a blast on new feature update. Unless they did and I missed it too. I like your links better than mine. I am surprised there has been no discussion on this topic amongst the community. I like it even though it is slow!
Post 7 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod To your question: How might you use this Matterport Export/Import (Restore/Transfer) Feature?

Answer: I will now backup my models verses only relying on my Ipad to store them (which is bad practice). I know there are some other ways to back them up but I never did them. I prefer a backup method that is native to the capture app. I am glad Matterport finally added this as an option. While Matterport seems to mess many things up this is one that I could give them kudos on.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
@Matt19

And, this related WGAN Forum discussion may be helpful:

How to Transfer a Matterport scan to a client (without processing)?

Dan

It is a great idea for transferring a job too!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Despite following the instructions for iMazing I always had issues with restoring models and always made sure never to delete important ones. I'll keep to that practice but this new exporting and importing method looks a lot more promising!
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@Queen_City_3D

I haven't had any issues moving models back and forth between between my iPads and my Mac
Post 11 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
@Matt19 I've always used iExplorer to copy all the models off the iPad to a hard drive and cloud backup. But I have never had to restore one and it always struck me as dangerous!!
Post 12 IP   flag post
@CharlesHH Hopefully it is never an issue and with the new way it should be better!
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Queen_City_3D That would be frustrating! Hopefully the new way is the answer.
Post 14 IP   flag post
101634 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?