Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
HostingPricingQuestions

Should I ask my client to get a Matterport account to take-over hosting?16269

SnappyDave private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all
Can anyone help me with a Matterport hosting query?
My name is David and I'm a new member based in the UK and I've been shooting real estate Matterport for about 3 years.
I only have one client at the moment and I log in and upload real estate scans to their space so I'm not familiar with ins and outs of Matterport hosting.
I'm looking to target small and medium sized businesses using my own space but I worry that I won't necessarily want to keep subscribing to Matterport for the next 5+ years in order to keep the scans online.
My question is this - when approaching a company, should I suggest that they take out their own Matterport subscription to host their scan and they can be responsible for keeping it online?
As it would be £00.00 cost to have 1 space, would Matterport allow that?
Any advice or workarounds to this gratefully received.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
the free plan will not allow for public viewing of the Matterport tour ~ Potential clients would need at least the starter plan to showcase the space(s) publicly

Post 2 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
The £0.00 option allows the space to be hosted but not placed on the web, so does not really work.
If they upgrade to Starter, then they can host it for €9/month - probably £8 in uk?? They open it and pay and give you access to the log in.

Most companies would need to update their space every year or two.
So you could take a 25 space Matterport account yourself. Include 1 year hosting in your initial fee and bill them each year for ongoing hosting. Gives you the chance to suggest a new scan and if they no longer want to use it, you free up a space.
If you need to close down, give the clients the option to get their own starter pack.
Hope that helps.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thanks guys. Really helpful and informative comments. So glad I joined WGAN!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
Sure, tell them to get their own account. Only 2 drawbacks I can see. (sarcasm)

1- Matterport will spam them, trying to steal your customer from you.
2- You will be throwing away a pretty lucrative source of steady, passive income.

We never used to charge for hosting. I didn't want to deal with it. About 2 years ago, I realized that even with a 300 space plan, I was running out of space. I was FORCED to charge hosting. We began to offer 6 months free hosting, which we then reduced to 4 after 9 months or so. This FREE hosting was sold as a benefit, and was CLEARLY spelled out on on our website, in our marketing and when we delivered to scans.

We're not getting rich off it, but I'd guess we are collecting about $4000 to $5000 per year from it. This should increase going forward.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
Oh, for builders and commercial stuff we offer a year for free.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Yeah I can see that hosting and billing the clients is the way to go. Thanks guys.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101636 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?