Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BLK360DronePilot EraThreeSixty ToursTour of the Week

Tour of the Week>BLK360 + Matterport + ThreeSixty Tours + Pilot Era + Drone16148

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN Tour of the Week
---
Interactive Tour by: Brisbane, Australia-based Wingman Media Brisbane (@Wingman) Owner Mike Lysov.

Tour of the Week>BLK360 + Matterport + ThreeSixty Tours + Pilot Era + Drone

Hi All,

The WGAN Tour of the Week (above) from Brisbane, Australia-based Wingman Media Brisbane (@Wingman) Owner Mike Lysov.

Wingman Media uses these tools for this tour:

1. ThreeSixty Tours for aerial hero image with 3D and 360 location pins
2. Matterport - Look for 3D location pins
3. Leica BLK360 - Outdoor scanning of a golf course
4. Labpano Pilot Era - for individual 360 photo spheres

This WGAN Tour of the Week is a great example of making the competition irrelevant by offering a tour solution that other photographers do not offer by mashing up various solutions.

Congrats to @Wingman for the We Get Around Network Tour of the Week.

Your thoughts?

Happy New Year,

Dan

P.S. For a discussion that includes this WGAN Tour of the Week from @Wingman, please see:

New Matterport Pro2 user: Outdoor 360 Scan limitations?

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
If it is for landscaping I would say you need a BLK360 to scan outdoor for Matterport freely anytime of a day.

These are two of my recent jobs where I have used a BLK360 a lot

It has taken 6 hours to do with nobody present on site.

It has taken 15 hours to do with customers and employees forcing to redo some scans because they were walking around.

If you do not need measurements may be Matterport is not ideal for this type of a job. Like Dan mentioned you can have a one click 360 camera or a 360 nodal DSLR setup to capture individual 360 photos and build a tour from them using a 3rd party tool.

If you have a drone and can take a shot of a landscaped area from a top you can use for example threesisty.tours to create something like this. The location icons represent a start for each walk on a ground and each 360 in a walk has been done with one click camera(Labpano Pilot Era). The 3D icons are pointing to Matterport indoor tours created earlier for the client.

Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
The dollhouse for the Kindergarten really shows the capability of the BLK360, amazing really, but for those who do not have that camera do you think for exterior scanning the theta Z1 is an alternative vs the Pro23D?
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GETMYVR
The dollhouse for the Kindergarten really shows the capability of the BLK360, amazing really, but for those who do not have that camera do you think for exterior scanning the theta Z1 is an alternative vs the Pro23D?

It will depend on what you need to capture. A Pro2 will also work exceptionally well outdoor before/after sunrise/sunset but if you have a wide/long space with nothing around to be used for alignment neither a z1 nor a Pro2 will work.

In this tour I have failed to capture a lawn shown in front with a Pro2. I have spent two hours just trying to go along trimmed bushes far away then along the fence on the left. At first it was aligning, then it started misaligning and finally it went to it could not align. And this was happening very close to some vertical objects(trimmed bush, fence). I bet it just could not find enough vertical objects to align and this is near one big object(bush/fence). I am sure when I'd step away from fence/bush it would be even worse.

However if you turn around you will see another lawn with a lot of tables. That worked even before sunset simply because it was slightly raining from time to time.
I had not bought my BLK360 yet. It would not fail there. It really sees at least 20m around(Leica claims 30m)

The lawn could probably captured with a Pro2/Z1 but only if it had some vertical objects like different height plants in pots, some tables or anything that could help a camera to define its position.

Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman just curious then, would April cards help with the Pro2 in those missing instances? I know what you mean.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I have never tried assisted alignment so I can only guess. It may help indoor with something huge and where you have something big and vertical you can stick these cards to but for outdoor and specifically that lawn I do not thing it would be much help. May be it could help to move along the fence.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101421 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?