Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
4DKanKanIris360PropTexxVersus

New Iris360 camera and VT system16058

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
It has just been announced in a facebook 360/3d photographers group.

I will copy & paste its post content

"Hello and Happy Holidays!
We have been working this last year with our overseas partners in Asia, Europe, and Singapore to develop, fine tune, and combine an "All-in-one", end to end package (Hardware: 360 Camera and Software) that makes it easy for anyone wanting to create immersive real estate property tours to jump right in and be a Pro. We focused attention on key features that people wanted but were not getting from Matterport and other cameras or softwares in the market.
If you are interested: click on the link, review the samples, and see what the camera and software can offer. If you like what you see-- you can click and be added to the list of early pre-orders... We will be launching with our first 100 IRIS Cameras in Early 2022!
https://iris360.co
Check out all that this package includes:
Camera
Tripod
Wheels (dolly)
Pelican Style hard case
Lots of added items
Create your own floorplans in the workshop
Dollhouse view, Live Guided Tour
Comes with Proptexx Pro Account : here you get unlimited AI Photo Enhancement/ Sky Change (soon grass repair), over 15 Property Landing Page Stencils to use to build amazing property websites instantly for your clients, Access to a Wholesale market place (stage photos, 2D / 3D floorplans/ other products)
So much more!
25% off for those who come in under our Special Pre-order option.. limited to 100 (first come first serve)"

Apart from being 8K resolution only it looks like GEOCV/Matterport
And the camera and a tour interface looks exactly as 4DKanKan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Matterport
Camera
Repair Service
Gainesville, Florida
MatterFix private msg quote post Address this user
URL won’t open for me.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Matterport
Camera
Repair Service
Gainesville, Florida
MatterFix private msg quote post Address this user
Drop the “/“ and it works
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
I have checked it and there is no "/" in the Iris360 URL. Just in case I will paste it as text so members can copy and paste it in a browser

https://iris360.co

P.S. the forum converts it to URL automatically. If it does not work with following the link just copy and paste it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Shakoure private msg quote post Address this user
@wingman ...Quite impressive. It also looks promising as an MP competitor, especially if they can get hardware pricing down some. BTW... is iris360 related in anyway to 4DKanKan?
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
I have asked already in that post about relations between these two systems. Lets see what they'll tell.

To me it looks like the iris360 camera & system is a product designed by 4DKanKan simply because they have this system for a year or so.

The pricing for tours seems to be a close copy of what Matterport is asking plus a tour download(extra fee). All other things like a floor plan cost seems to be cheaper. 3D seems to be related either to manually drawn dollhouse in 3D or they use photogrammetry to build it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
I have physically seen the 3DKanKan camera, which looks identical. Ever notice on Amazon that you can find many Chinese-made products which are identical but marketed under a variety of names? Could this be another? Perhaps someone on the forum knows the background on this, but my speculation is that in China there are companies that innovate and engineer products, then they leave it to other companies to create software and “market” the hardware they develop. At least, that is how it seems. Iris and 4DKanKan appear to be the same hardware… maybe different software, I don’t know.

I find this system interesting as it takes an entirely different approach to depth measurement. It appears to have no IR and no Lidar. Instead it calculates depth the way our brains do, via parallax because our eyes are a few inches apart. In this case, the camera has a primary eye (actually 4, one on each side) several inches ABOVE the secondary eye(s) on each of its 4 sides, and its software calculates distance by measuring the resulting offset of various visual objects. If the offset is great, the object is close. Small offset means it’s far away. Simple and ingenious. And perhaps doesn’t step on Matterport patents the way GeoCV (purely my speculation) may have. Both of these used Infrared.

IR and Lidar camera systems measure depth directly, actually capturing a point cloud by these beam bounce-backs. Iris, I speculate, mathematically calculates a point cloud by noting the parallax offset of all the objects it can identify, noting the direction they are from the camera. Iris/KanKan dollhouse examples show that 3D is generated not just of walls but also objects, which yields a fully 3D dollhouse and more realistic movement from node to node than possible with non-depth-sensing 360° systems.

A lot of good things here:
• You can download, retouch, and reinstall 360 panos (like GeoCV)
• You can self-host, benefiting your SEO (like GeoCV)
• Should work in full sun, as there’s no IR.
• In principal, Iris could have a greater depth measurement distance, though accuracy would be reduced with distance.

Time will tell how good this system is, but it’s great that another innovative approach to depth-sensing 360° photography is on its way. Considering the hardware cost and subscription pricing is very close to Matterport’s, this system has a tough hill to climb. Matterport is not only very good, but it’s well established.

One of the biggest problems for would-be Matterport competitors rarely is discussed here on the forum:

• The Matterport dashboard allows me to upload a “space” directly to Redfin, Realtor, Homes, VRBO and HomesAway. Zillow pulls MP spaces from the MLS. To be competitive, EVERY HOME TOUR SYSTEM needs to make the DISPLAY of their tours on all these aggregation sites as easy and foolproof as MP has done. What’s the use of creating a beautiful 3D or 360° tour if no one sees it? The public is going especially to Zillow, Redfin and Realtor. I cannot in good conscience recommend that an agent pay me to create a tour using a system that won’t be displayed as prominently as Matterport tours are on these sites.

Iris, 4DKanKan, Pivo and every other entry should start by telling us they have worked out the display of their tours on all these platforms, not somewhere I have to dig to find it, but launchable from a prominent button on the first photo for the listing. Better yet, as Redfin has done, place an icon on the map for every listing that has a 3D tour. This is the way to both promote the use of virtual tours and also serve buyers who clearly want tours for every listing.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@Shakoure Iris360 could be 4DKanKan with a jacket or a english version of 4DKankan.

Below are the two links within the https://iris360.co/ homepage.

https://www.4dkankan.com/spc.html?m=x1KftBvUN&lang=en
https://www.4dkankan.com/spc.html?m=3BdxLr1VZ&lang=en
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
@Home3D I understand your point with Zillow and other platforms but not every system is born in or made for USA and most want to deal worldwide. I do not know about Iris but for example VT platforms made for Australia won't have any connections with Zillow because it is not present in Australia at all. Holiday accommodation websites may have australian listings but almost all start building their system for real estate primarily so they only care to be accepted on australian MLSs.

So it is easy to guess they just do not have resources(finance and people) to figure out what specific system in each specific country their customers want to publish their tour to. If I had been an owner for such a system I would have probably only looked on a local demand and then only after some time start collecting a feedback from overseas customers to understand their local demands.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Shakoure private msg quote post Address this user
@JuMP RE: 4dkankan links... I love what these new VT platforms are doing with dynamic video placement . Where's MP on that??
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@Shakoure Yes, I agree.
The video idea and result is good.

Matterport Pro2 doesn't have the video record function, so you can't see similar function on Matterport Pro2, maybe Pro3 will has the ability.

By now if you want to add similar video in Matterport showcase you may need a green backgroud to record the video and attach them in the tour with Matterport SDK. It won't be seamless but it is a way.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Tutanchamun private msg quote post Address this user
@Shakoure I love this, too. And it is making virtual tours more interesting in other branches than real estate. Like 3Dvista is doing and the idea is the same. But 4dkankan isn’t probably for our markets, I think. Or would it possible that I can use it in Germany or you in Australia or America? I think, that iris360 is specially created for the west world market, but on its website aren’t any information about dynamic video replacement…
Post 12 IP   flag post
101636 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?