Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 406 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 32,418 Page Views | 18,255 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
PivoPivo Real EstateVersusZillowZillow 3D Home

Matterport 3D Tour versus Pivo 3D Tour versus Zillow 3D Tour by @lilnitsch15951

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport 3D Tour by @lilnitsch

Pivo 3D Tour by @lilnitsch

Zillow 3D Tour by @lilnitsch

@lilnitsch

Thank you for creating – and sharing with the WGAN Community – the three (3) tours above of the same house:

Matterport 3D Tour
Pivo 3D Tour
Zillow 3D Tour

Dan

P.S. Below are the original posts by @lilnitsch in the WGAN Forum in this WGAN Forum discussion:

WGAN-TV Podcast | Intro to Pivo 360 Tours with Pod Black for Real Estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnitsch
WGAN-TV Podcast | Intro to Pivo 360 Tours with Pod Black for Real Estate

Quote:
In the process right now. The 3D capture is taking about 30-45 minutes per 1,000 SqFt to capture

The home I am shooting is approximately 3,000 SqFt it is a home that I have shot both Matterport & Zillow’s 3D home tour

Quote:
@PivoRealEstate

So, the ability to edit tour info is a MUST for the the Pivo Tour dashboard. Editing details in the app can be a little tedious and users may not have access to their property descriptions on the phone or may not want to type them out on a smaller phone screen. I also was NOT able to add a floor plan via the app. Addressing is also an issue as this seems to be a Google Absolute address from a lookup table which has this particular home in the wrong area this will be an issue for folks like me who shoot a lot of New Construction homes.

https://tour.pivo.app/view/45b032c6-36ef-4d46-8912-bc667a07c800

Zillow 3D home Tour:
https://www.zillow.com/view-3d-home/fc0484b9-a677-4db3-a97c-6e365e1521a1?setAttribution=mls

Quote:
The Dollhouse "3D" also, only appears to be working for a single floor even though the capture App allows for the 3D capture for each floor
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
It would be nice to not have all the scan positions visible in the tour but, have them in a more relevant line of site manner similar to this. Tour is a little crude as I didn't set the north point on all the Panos retrieved from the Pivo Tour

https://app.cloudpano.com/tours/r0FA135LQ
Post 2 IP   flag post
bingjian private msg quote post Address this user
@lilnitsch, Thanks for sharing. What happened to the top and bottom part in the Pivo Tour? Is it because they don't support fisheye lens in their capture kit?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@bingjian

It didn’t build 3D for the second floor even though it captured the 3D data from the lidar
Post 4 IP   flag post
@liinitsch
I mean the very top (ceiling above the camera) and very bottom region (floor near the tripod) are missing in the Pivo Tour (as also observed in the panos from https://app.cloudpano.com/tours/r0FA135LQ).

I didn't realize that lidar was used in the Pivo tour. I thought they only use a cell phone plus a rotator. By lidar, do you mean the lidar provided by iPhone 12 or later version?
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@bingjian

Correct, in order to currently create a 3D tour with the Pivo system you need a 12 or 13 pro with the LiDAR sensor. Then when creating the tour the rotator does two separate passes 1 for the image and a second pass for the 3D data from the LiDAR sensor

I constructed another tour in CloudPano with the panos from the Pivo Tour with suggestion on hiding some scan positions for better navigation

The nidar & zenith (the holes top & bottom) are how the Pivo Tour system captures with the iPhone

The actual Pivo tour I shot is up above that Dan posted & was shot with an iPhone 13 pro max
Post 6 IP   flag post
@liinitsch

Thanks for more information. My understanding is that

1) Actual Pivo tour (with an iPhone 13 pro max hence 3D data was captured)

2) CloudPano tour with some selected panos from Pivo Tour and with no 3D data:
https://app.cloudpano.com/tours/r0FA135LQ

Do you know any examples of Pivo tours without Lidar data? Thanks!
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@bingjian

This is pulled from the pivorealestate site:

https://tour.pivo.app/view/4d64d914-9383-484e-947e-e69da6b50d35
Post 8 IP   flag post
@liinitsch

Got it. Thanks!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Create/Host
Pivo 360 Tours
San Jose, California
PivoRealEstate private msg quote post Address this user
Hello @lilnitsch

Thank you for sharing with us the 360 Tour you captured with Pivo.

We are working on making the whole user experience with Pivo and the Pivo Tour App smooth and better.

Pivo Real Estate Team
Post 10 IP   flag post
Create/Host
Pivo 360 Tours
San Jose, California
Hello @bingjian

Thank you for all your questions and comments about Pivo 360 Tours.

Please do share with us more comments or questions you might have and we will try to answer them all.

Pivo Real Estate Team
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@PivoRealEstate

I shot the same home again in just the 360 mode with my iPhone 11 ~ first thing I noticed is I didn't receive any audible sound when the scan was completed like I did with the 3D version and for the life of me I could not get the floor plans to align with the scan positions - Please ignore the insulation on the floor the attic was getting insulated today.

https://tour.pivo.app/view/dca733c3-ae39-48f7-a0c2-f93363181683
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
So, after shooting a couple Pivo Tours I have a little feedback.

First item the fee for MLS compliant/white label tour links should be front and center on both the Pivo Real Estate website & within the capture app

Next would be the web dashboard: Ideally folks should be able to update property information here like adding a new Poster image, updating the property details, and adjusting mapping. Mapping appears to be using some sort of look up table which doesn’t work for NEW communities (I shoot a lot of new construction)

It would be nice to see if image quality could be improved both the iPhone 11 Pro Max & iPhone 13 Pro Max had a similar image quality which appears to be a bit grainy

Consistency between the two tours: When shooting a 3D tour the user gets an audible response once the scan position has been completed. This doesn’t seem to happen with the standard 360 tour. The navigation also differs a bit between the two tours the standard 360 tour you get a directional arrow that can help aid navigation while the 3D tour gets a cursor circle. Navigating between floors also seems to require using the floor selector ideally the end user viewing the tour should be able to navigate up or down stairs

The floor plan feature doesn’t seem to work while yes you can add a floor plan which currently has to be done on the phone prior to the completion of the tour. For the life of me I could not get the floor plan to align with the scan positions at all

Time for capture (Maybe I am over shooting) was about 2 hours for the 3D and approximately 36 minutes for the 360 tour on the same home

Some optimization for tour performance should also be improved as these tours 360 or 3D both seem to take quite a bit of resources to load effecting load times of which ever website they are posted on

https://tour.pivo.app/view/dca733c3-ae39-48f7-a0c2-f93363181683
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
One other item I might add would be in regards to privacy. Having the ability to hide a scan position or blur sensitive information. On occasion clients will request the blurring of sensitive documents or family photos that may have been left out during the shooting of the home
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
More out of curiosity then anything else I wanted to see if a wide-angle lens would change anything in the Pivo Tour

Post 15 IP   flag post
Create/Host
Pivo 360 Tours
San Jose, California
Quote:
More out of curiosity then anything else I wanted to see if a wide-angle lens would change anything in the Pivo Tour

Hello @lilnitch
Regarding your question about if wide lens can change anything in the Pivo Tour.
The answer is no. Nothing would change because we do not support detachable wide angle lens.

We hope this helps

Thank you for your feedback! Please if you have any issues address them to us we will try to solve them as much as we can.

Have a wonderful day!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Create/Host
Pivo 360 Tours
San Jose, California
Quote:
One other item I might add would be in regards to privacy. Having the ability to hide a scan position or blur sensitive information. On occasion clients will request the blurring of sensitive documents or family photos that may have been left out during the shooting of the home

Hello @lilnitsch

Regarding your question about privacy and if we can blur things captured by and seen in the Pivo Tour.

The answer is yes. it's true that the option is yet to be available now but it's possible and our team are working on it.

We hope this helps. Thank you!
Post 17 IP   flag post
101704 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?