Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3DVistaCollegesLargeScanningScansStrategyThreeSixty ToursUniversity

Virtual tour of a college campus?15881

JimmyJim private msg quote post Address this user
Hi I need to do a virtual tour of a college campus and was wondering if someone had experience with this. I need to do several buildings and need to walk outside and then into another building. Can this be done by combining spaces? Thanks for your help
Jim
Post 1 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
Several ways. I did a large resort and connected large distances between buildings with a BLK. You can also deep link between buildings but that misses the experience of movement.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks. What is deep link? Does anyone have an example I can see?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
@JimmyJim - IMHO, the way to do a campus of any type is by combining Matterport models of buildings with a 3DVista tour of the campus. I have done many of these for properties that required significant exterior grounds. Here are a few examples.

MarinersVillage360.com
OreanaTour.com
777AviationTour.com
MacArthurPlaceTour.com
Grayslake3d.com Matterport spaces created by Ross Zanzucchi in Chicago. 3DVista by Home3D in Los Angeles
Pittsboro3D.com Matterport spaces created by Dan Brown in N. Carolina. 3DVista by Home3D in Los Angeles

Grayslake and Pittsboro are both works in progress. These will include ground-level "walkaround" like Google street view for pedestrians, just like Mariners, Oreana, Aviation and MacArthurPlace already have. We are now creating these with MP deep links so that when you click from an exterior pano view on a doorway hotspot, you enter the MP model right at that doorway. Here's a charter school project just completed in Los Angeles.

PatBrownTour.com

Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlanHambright
Several ways. I did a large resort and connected large distances between buildings with a BLK. You can also deep link between buildings but that misses the experience of movement.

Thank you. Can you tell me what BLK is?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Home3D
@JimmyJim - IMHO, the way to do a campus of any type is by combining Matterport models of buildings with a 3DVista tour of the campus. I have done many of these for properties that required significant exterior grounds. Here are a few examples.

MarinersVillage360.com
OreanaTour.com
777AviationTour.com
MacArthurPlaceTour.com
Grayslake3d.com Matterport spaces created by Ross Zanzucchi in Chicago. 3DVista by Home3D in Los Angeles
Pittsboro3D.com Matterport spaces created by Dan Brown in N. Carolina. 3DVista by Home3D in Los Angeles

Grayslake and Pittsboro are both works in progress. These will include ground-level "walkaround" like Google street view for pedestrians, just like Mariners, Oreana, Aviation and MacArthurPlace already have. We are now creating these with MP deep links so that when you click from an exterior pano view on a doorway hotspot, you enter the MP model right at that doorway. Here's a charter school project just completed in Los Angeles.

PatBrownTour.com

Simply amazing work! Is it difficult to learn 3DVista? I assume you also did the 360 drone footage?
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab: Grayslake Village Center Interactive Marketing By 3D Room Scapes: How to Make Money with ThreeSixty Tours; Making Your Competition Irrelevant

WGAN-TV How to Make Money with ThreeSixty Tours while Making Your Competition Irrelevant with Matterport Service Provider Ross Zanzucchi (@rzphotoman) with Grays Lake, IL based 3D Rooms Scapes.

WGAN-TV Full Episode: ThreeSixty Tours Co-Founders Ross Peterson ( @rpetersn ) and Lorenzo Gangi on what's new with ThreeSixty Tours and how he uses ThreeSixty Tours to make money.

104-WGAN-TV | Tips for Creating Matterport Digital Twins of Schools with Belfast, Ireland-based 3D Showcase (3DSC Ltd.) Sales Director Mark McBride (@3dshowcaseuk) | Thursday, May 27, 2021

WGAN-TV Intro to 3DVista Virtual Tour Pro Software with Kevin Dole with Home3D.us in Los Angeles. | Thursday, 13 August 2020

Matterport digital twin by Belfast, Ireland-based 3D Showcase

Matterport digital twin by Belfast, Ireland-based 3D Showcase

@JimmyJim

ThreeSixty Tours is a great way to visually link to multiple spaces.

These WGAN Forum discussions may be helpful:

How to Make Money with ThreeSixty Tours; Making Your Competition Irrelevant
✓ WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Colleges | University | Schools | 3DVista | Large

Best,

Dan

--

Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: Customizing your Matterport Model: Start Location & 3D Scans | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 2 October 2020

@JimmyJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJim
Thanks. What is deep link? Does anyone have an example I can see?

Video: How to set Matterport Start Location and Matterport Deep Links
✓ WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Deep Links

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: Overview of the Leica BLK360 with Manfrotto Tripod Review | Video courtesy of Mark Carroll YouTube Channel | 10 May 2021

WGAN-TV Leica Geosystems BLK360 Mashup with Matterport: 1st Look with Chris Hickman

Episode 110-WGAN-TV How RKO Photography Grew to 7 Matterport Cameras + 1 Leica BLK360 with greater Birmingham, Alabama-based RKO Photography President Roger Owens (@rko1) and Vice President Kay Owens. | Thursday, 8 July 2021

WGAN Free Service: Text Me 5 Minutes Before WGAN-TV is Live

@JimmyJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJim
Thank you. Can you tell me what BLK is?

WGAN-TV Live at 5 this Thursday (4 November 2021)

WGAN-TV | Matterport + Leica BLK360: 20 Questions (and Answers)

Plus, WGAN Forum discussions tagged: BLK360

Best,

Dan

WGAN Free Service: Text Me 5 Minutes Before WGAN-TV is Live
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
@JimmyJim - 3DVista is complex but only because it’s powerful. You can do with it virtually (pun intended) anything you can dream up. It’s the After Effects of 360° panoramic tours. KRPano is also powerful but requires knowledge of coding which 3DVista does not.

My son and I have been on 3DVista for only a year and have done what you’ve seen and many other tours, so though it’s not an overnight learn, it’s accessible and the company has many tutorial videos. Locate the 3DVista channel on YouTube to get a taste.

As virtual tours grow in use, 3DVista will be more important as there is only so much that Matterport can do. MP is restrictive both due to the Pro camera’s aversion for direct sunlight and moreover for the limited number of scan positions before a model is too big to process. Outdoors, and multi building sites are better suited to 3DVista.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Thank you all for your help-much appreciated!

Jim
Post 11 IP   flag post
Just had a thought, but probably wont work, but throwing it out there anyway. What if you did a tour of a college welcome center and have the start location at a map of the campus. Could you put Mattertags on the map to take you to those locations? Obviously it would need to be a large map...
Post 12 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
Leica BQK. I’m doing a whole hill town right now but there’s lots of close 3D data and plenty of shadow so the Matterport gliding along with few hitches. It would be possible with Z1 as well but scans closer together
Post 13 IP   flag post
101436 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?