Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Floor PlansiPhone 13Pro2

Is anyone using the new iphone13 to shoot a virtual tour?15807

JimmyJim private msg quote post Address this user
Hello-

Is anyone using the new iphone13 to shoot a virtual tour? I have been using my Matterport Pro 2 for quite some time. Is it possible to get the same results for the tour and site plans using the new iphone13? The company I work for does many installations and wants to be able to make site maps using their phone. It looks like InsideMaps may be the way to go...are their other options?

This is a great forum btw...

Thanks for any help-
Jim
Post 1 IP   flag post
denlee private msg quote post Address this user
I did a test tour back in August with an iPhone 12 pro max (with Lidar). The image quality is pretty good, but there are multiple alignment issues. Also, I had to re-shoot many scans due to its inability to connect to previous scans that were as close as 3' - 4' apart, even though I had the phone mounted on a Manfrotto tripod with the camera lens centered. It took way too long to complete the scanning, so I won't be using an iPhone again.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@denlee

This is a great tour for an iOS capture.

I also agree that the iOS capture really isn’t viable unless just trying to show a really small space, say a room maybe two
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@JimmyJim

Floor plans can be done from the LiDAR capture on iOS devices home3ds.COM offers this service and they have an app that is pretty easy to use
Post 4 IP   flag post
denlee private msg quote post Address this user
Also, in the floor plan view, two of the bedrooms are incorrectly shown as being on an angle compared to the rest of the house.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Hey thanks denlee. Great info. I'm getting my iphone in about a week, so I'll be able to try it out myself to see how far off it is vs. the Pro2 regarding site maps.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@JimmyJim

Can you share the iPhone 13 created Matterport tour with us, once created?

Seems like Matterport needs to offer a smartphone rotator. I am surprised that they have not done that (yet).

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
This was my first iOS capture though disclaimer this was early in the beta for this feature:

w/Pro2 once finished:
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
I have a 13Pro Max however, the the spinning that has to be done for this iOS capture is not for me any of the supported 360 cameras will be a quicker capture solution & should produce a cleaner model though the insta's image quality is pretty so/so (little on the grainy side)

Ricoh's SC2 is compatible to the V for image quality in matterport however when I was testing the SC2 was a bit slower to transfer images back to capture
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
@JimmyJim

Can you share the iPhone 13 created Matterport tour with us, once created?

Seems like Matterport needs to offer a smartphone rotator. I am surprised that they have not done that (yet).

Dan
I was thinking the same about the rotator. Right now they seem to be recommending a broomstick.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101423 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?