Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Floor PlansGiraffe360MinimapMPEMBEDVersus

Matterport Floor Plan via MPEMBED Mini-Map: Better solutions?15792

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

A WGAN Member writes:

---

Hi. I've been using Matterport for a while. But my boss hates the floorplan (minimap) of Matterport.

He wants to capture it, photoshop it, and apply it again. So I looked into it hard and worked on it using mpembed.

But my boss hated that way.

I was able to upload the floorplan I modified with mpembed, but it was not the floorplan position of the matterport, but the way the minimap kept floating elsewhere on the screen.

My boss wants to show the modified minimap on the matterport floorplan.

Is that possible?

---

My Reply....

Hello Redacted,

Thank you for reaching out.

I am surprised that Matterport has not enabled professional, 2D schematic floor plans to be substituted for the existing floor plan view (as other tour platforms do).

For example ...

Please show this GIRAFFE360 mini-map to your boss to see if s/he likes this floor plan better ..

GIRAFFE360 Tour courtesy of GIRAFFE360

GIRAFFE360 floor plan courtesy of GIRAFFE360

You may find these additional links helpful:

GIRAFFE360 Websites and Contact Info

1. GIRAFFE360 Website
2. GIRAFFE360 Facebook Page
3. GIRAFFE360 YouTube Channel
4. GIRAFFE360 Twitter
5. GIRAFFE360 LinkedIn Page
6. Andrew Congleton on LinkedIn
7. andrew.congleton@giraffe360.com
8. WGAN Forum Member: @AndrewCongleton

---

WGAN-TV eBook | Intro to GIRAFFE360 for Residential Real Estate Agents and Brokers with GIRAFFE360 Senior Account Executive Andrew Congleton (@AndrewCongleton) | Aired: Thursday, 23 September 2021 | Course Number: #118 | www.GIRAFFE360.com | Book a Free GIRAFFE360 Demo

WGAN-TV | Intro to GIRAFFE360 for Residential Real Estate Agents and Brokers with GIRAFFE360 Senior Account Executive Andrew Congleton (@AndrewCongleton) | Aired: Thursday, 23 September 2021 | Episode Number: #118 | www.GIRAFFE360.com | Book a Free GIRAFFE360 Demo
Post 1 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
I would recommend the iGuide system or use 3DVista with this skinelement .
Post 2 IP   flag post
kimhyunho private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for your advice.

My boss likes matterport. It's just that the space I'm working on now is a unique shape, so I can see the broken pixel on the floorplan view and he wants to modify that part.

I wanted to exchange the floorplan view modified to the existing one, but I was curious about the method. Thank you again for your advice.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Now it is a bit clearer comparing to you previous post in another thread by you.

If you want to stay with Matterport you can process your scans into a 3D tour(my guess you have done it already) and then order a floor plan directly from Matterport for $15 or you can do it through 3rd party providers who can do it even cheaper.
After you get the floor plan you can use it with Mpembed. How it is done some other members can explain or you can use google search to find an instruction video or an article explaining how it is done with Mpembed.
Post 4 IP   flag post
kimhyunho private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman Thank you for your advice. I captured the floorplan view in my showcase and worked on Photoshop.

And I uploaded it using mpembed, but my boss hated that way.

He said he didn't like the location of the minimap in the upper right corner. So I'm in a lot of pain. There's no way to look at the other plugin. But my boss keeps asking.

https://mpembed.com/show/?m=XUmd17Wz6FA&mpu=1251
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I can see you have implemented the minimap as a tour map already and as I understand your boss do not like the Matterport minimap to be a tour map for some reason. That's why asking somebody to draw up to scale floor plan whether it is black and white only or coloured may make your boss liking it.

Also ask your client, they may have a floor plan already so you can use it instead of paying to create one from the 3D tour.

I do not know if Mpembed supports a separate floor plan as a tour map but if they do not there are some Matterport overlays that support it. It should look similar to what Dan has shown to you with Giraffe system.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101436 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?