Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DroneRing Always Home Cam

New idea concept for virtual tours & virtual open house15676

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
Okay - this is cool. So a few minutes ago I saw this video. It's for the new Ring Always Home Cam | A Flying indoor cam with multiple perspectives, custom flight paths, and In-Flight Live View.

Could you not envision a cooler way to handle an autonomous virtual tour of a property, by a small flying camera that's a drone? I won't elaborate too much, if you saw the video your creative juices should flow. Too much fun! Haha!

Video of flying indoor cam

PS. I did not see Dan's post 6 hours earlier, but we're getting to really amazing ideas and a possible agent-less future?!!! What if WE just handled it all?!
Post 1 IP   flag post
EaglePrecision private msg quote post Address this user
I'm wondering what kind of technology makes this possible without bumping into walls, windows & doors (and leaving marks). The flight paths are "learned" during initial installation - how does it establish and then repeat its path & position indoors? From the description & FAQs, it can apparently sense objects in its path, so, like a regular drone, it must have a set of good sensors attached to an onboard computer & memory.
This could have a lot of future implications - this of this with a 360 camera on top that can be quickly set up and run autonomously multiple times; e.g., tours, before/after views, etc.
Note that it has to be re-programmed for each floor - it can only operate on one floor at a time.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Premium
Lahaina, Hawaii
Skeeter private msg quote post Address this user
OMG! That is some cool stuff.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Shakoure private msg quote post Address this user
😲MOST DEFINITELY COOL. BUT... the problem I see with using something like this is that if it's used on auto-pilot without viewer control, then it's not much different than a video walk-through. In this scenario video wins. And if it's used where the viewer has control, then there's just too many things that can go wrong (crashing, knocking objects over, spying?). The only application I see is if a manager or agent is controlling the flight while with the viewer present, in order to keep things safe, private, and secure. And obviously, the key phrase here is "with the viewer" which defeats the purpose of being remote. Unless there's a share screen option under development, this second scenario is a slight win for at-location viewing. Any counters? I'd love to hear further thoughts on this.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
@Shakoure Have you ever tried one of those webcams where for 1 minute you can control the camera, like Times Square? I imagine the same thing here, you can't really screw it up... everything is pre-filmed here in this concept - daylight, all possible angles recorded, you can control the scene, not destroy it HAHA! But having FUN things built-in like fake-glass breaking, landing in the toilet, etc would make it sticky.

Our goal is to keep the client glued to the listing, the more time they spend on it, the more committed they are converting from looker to lead.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101428 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?