Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
ZillowZillow 3D Home

Zillow 3d home tour just got a significant update15630

WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
Users now have more camera controls including white balance and ISO

Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
My favorite feature is the exposure control. It helped brighten up some rooms like garages or poorly painted dark rooms for my experience.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@VTLV

White balance is mine as the Ricoh’s really struggle with warm yellow lighting
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: BIG Zillow 3D Home Tour Upgrade - In App Adjustments! | Video courtesy of Emily Olman @Hopscotch Interactive YouTube Channel | 22 September 2021
Post 4 IP   flag post
Hopscotch private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for posting Dan! I used it in the field today and was again so happy I could adjust the exposure…it’s a start!
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Zillow eBlast received Thursday, 30 September 2021

--

Zillow Links

✓ Update Your App Now (iOS | Google Play Store)
Read the Research
Read the Full Report
Visit Tour

Your thoughts?

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
Dataventurer private msg quote post Address this user
I just finished watching Ben Claremont's tour comparo (it's a recent topic in the forum). It reminded me that Zillow is now supporting third party vendors in addition to their own Zillow 3D Home app. There is still a benefit for using their app: "Please note that listings with these 3rd party tours will not receive a higher search ranking on Zillow. Only listings with a Zillow 3D Home tour will receive a higher search ranking for the first 7 days that the listing is live on Zillow." So that is something to consider when discussing the benefit of maybe even shooting both a Matterport tour and a Zillow 3D tour to get the promotional bump in the search rankings.

Anyway, Ben Claremont's comparo DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY of the third-party partners accepted currently by Zillow, EXCEPT Matterport. So another plus in favor of Matterport.

Here is the link to a recent Zillow promotional video that has some juicy data points to use in a pitch to agents for the benefits of virtual tours: clickable text

At 9:28, the current list of partners is presented:

Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
I shoot a combination of Matterport, Zillow, & CloudPano tours ~ I shoot Zillow tours on pretty much all improved Residential listings and occasionally some vacant land listings

I just saw this morning that CloudPano is also getting a dollhouse view
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
I saw my first Ricoh tour in the wild on a Zillow listing in my market this morning ~ looks a little odd compared to Zillow or Matterport and this shooter also didn't link the panos together

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/14744-N-Nixon-Loop-Rathdrum-ID-83858/113148862_zpid/
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
The thing that intrigues me about the Ricoh Tours offer is their AI image enhancement. The pictures look very crisp to me. You are right about that Ricoh Zillow tour, no links! Kind of defeats the experience of 360!
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Dataventurer

And they appear to be shooting with a Ricoh camera so, they are also missing out on the Zillow boost
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
Yeah, so this is where "photographic snobbery" should consider practical compromises. As a photographer, we aspire to produce and provide the best quality images possible. If the photographer who shot that property had used the Zillow 3D Home app, the property would show up at the top of a Zillow area search listing for a week. That might be more important to the listing agent than presenting the sharpest photos. For a house that size, you could shoot the house twice with the two platforms. After the first week, swap out the Zillow tour for the Ricoh one to present the better quality pics. And use the Ricoh one on the listing's single page website from the beginning. That's my Monday Morning Quarterbacking thoughts...
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Dataventurer

The Zillow panos can also be recycled if you turn the option on then you can do a quick color correction and rebuild a tour in one of the other platforms
Post 13 IP   flag post
101631 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?