Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
ARAugmented RealityNFCRDTosolini Productions

[R&D] Using NFC (Near Field Communication) to reveal AR / Digital Twins15610

Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user

In this video we demonstrate how NFC (Near Field Communication) tags can trigger online experiences such as launching a 3D virtual tour or an AR model.

Recent iPhones have the ability to listen to NFC triggers in the background. This makes it possible to run actions by tapping the phone on an NFC tag attached, for example, to a brochure or a business card.

In our experiment, we programmed blank NFC tags provided by GoToTags using their iOS app. We linked both a Matterport 3D tour and a 3D model saved in USDZ format (Apple's AR format).

Special thanks to our VR designer Michael Gelon.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
You may be interested in this solution https://zerocard.co.nz/ I am not sure how much you can program it through them but it is quite cheap.

For me NFC is cool and you can actually build indoor navigation with some quite affordable RFID devices(example at https://marvelmind.com/product/starter-set-super-nia-3d/) but I find it difficult to keep NFC On all the time. When it is on it is trying to interact with my credit cards that are in a small wallet close to my phone in my pocket.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
This can now be accomplished with the new Pixel phones too and Eddystone beacons, not just Apple or NFC but WOW! I developed an earlier BLE application for the car dealership I worked as Digital Director to ping traffic 20 feet from the showroom via BLE for iPhones, to say "here we are" but it never worked as well as I hoped, and lost interest. Thanks for sharing and awakening my interest. I still have the beacons and you gave me new hope for this neat tech, and what a great allie we have in you.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I do not know but as an example you can build a wireless fence indoor and limit your drone flying only in the specified by the fence area. Also anything robotic on wheels you can mount it on & program connection and communication with a beacon implemented and you can calculate your position relevant to any beacon in a visibility.

However I do not really want to steal @Toolini thread. I just mentioned NFS/RFPID as a cool tech that has a lot of uses.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
@wingman thanks for the links and the ideas. As @getmyvr shares too, there may be some interesting scenarios for both RFID/beacons too. Something that comes to mind is digital signage that changes based on a pre-qualifying card that is handed to you, or a tablet that auto updates content as you walk around a showroom.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
@Tosolini You're an inspiration for us all to dig deep into our imaginations, thanks. And for R/E agents and real estate marketing experts like US, adding a QR Code on property signs or a sign rider is a no-brainer: since the tour can be totally branded, for onsite lead capture, something they have to pay through the nose for with these big real estate sites.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Tosolini

Thanks for sharing your video mashing up NFC/AR/Matterport.

And, thanks for including GoToTags.

Was it hard to program? Via an app?

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Wingman
You may be interested in this solution https://zerocard.co.nz/ I am not sure how much you can program it through them but it is quite cheap.

Zerocard is cool! (But limited to New Zealand and Australia.)

Seems like this will be a built-in feature of smartphones (so that you don't need to carry a separate NFC card to activate)? (Not just the NFC reader).

Best,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
@dansmigrod If you have one of the latest iPhones, you can read / write blank tags using apps like NFC Tools or Smart NFC.

Once you Erase the tag, you select Write a Tag, add a new record (text, link phone call, etc) and then you tap the tag again. That's enough to program the tag. You exit the app and test the tag on the iPhone home page if it worked.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Tosolini

Cool!

Does the iPhone 13 Pro act like NFC trigger or just a reader?

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
@dansmigrod I'm not aware of any app that enables the iPhone to be an NFC trigger. That doesn't mean that it can't be done, it's just I haven't come across it in my research.

The above apps will make the iPhone a tag writer. No need of any app to read NFC
Post 10 IP   flag post
101635 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?