Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
iFrameQuestionsURL

Matterport model iframe: link?15600

ukvisualimmersion private msg quote post Address this user
I have a question that I am sure I should know the answer for.

A customer wants a capture doing prior to the project being finished to use as template to ensure the model loads correctly on their website.

If I capture a partial model and upload and then go back 2 weeks later and add to the model will the iframe and link remain the same or will it change.

Many thanks in advance for you help
Post 1 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
As long as you use the same Capture model updated and do not make a duplicate, it will keep the same code.
Some web Content Management Systems work better with just the URL, others work better with the embed code. So I always supply both to the web designer.
Post 2 IP   flag post
ukvisualimmersion private msg quote post Address this user
Thatโ€™s great! I thought so but wasnโ€™t 100% sure, appreciate your help
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@ukvisualimmersion by my experience every time you upload the project even the same one just will little different at "cut window mirror" line the result matterport link will be different.
There is no way to keep the same matterport showcase link when you add some captures 2 weeks later for sure.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@ukvisualimmersion

The following is from the WGAN Forum discussion:

โœ“ Is it possible to get Matterport to create a redirect?

The short of it: by using a 3rd party platform for delivering Matterport tours, you can make changes to your Matterport tours; reprocess them and still have the same URL (not the Matterport URL, but the 3rd party tool URL such as WP3D Models, MPEmbed or Show & Tour.

Dan

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Home3D
@NC3D - Just a suggestion going forward. I almost never deliver a direct Matterport model URL, for a variety of reasons including this one - to protect my options. I especially would never generate and deliver a QR code for a MP URL in case it needed to be adjusted, reprocessed, etc. Virtually every project I deliver has a custom URL, in my case purchased at - domains.google.com - that is forwarded to the MP URL, or the MPEmbed URL, or the WP3D Models URL, or the 3DVista URL. Besides, does a client want to wrestle with a long, obtuse MP URL, or would they prefer - Calabasas3D.com ?

I'm a big user of WP3D and 3DVista and the other benefit of doing this is that every project I deliver is linked to my own website, and that boosts SEO. I get calls regularly from people who find me on Google. Your SEO is so important.

Hey, I'm in Los Angeles, a city with about 12 million people with a lot of MP creators. Search "matterport los angeles" and I'm the top of page one - have been for three years (except for paid ads). This is due to SEO and, to be transparent, the skilled work of Glenn Tremain at Nail Soup Media, another WGAN member.

Do your work, make it fabulous, but don't deliver it without benefiting from the SEO you deserve. It's important. And if you do this using a "wrapper" like WP3D Models, you'll never have this issue again.

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherpa_media
This is also a benefit of using Show & Tour to "wrap" or "skin" your virtual tours. And it works with ANY virtual tour or video platform: Matterport, Zillow, Youtube, Vimeo, etc...

This can either be on a show.tours link or your own custom domain name that you add to the system. A few examples below!

Zillow virtual tour at https://show.tours/e/N733pWS ๐Ÿ‘‡

Matterport virtual tour at https://kc.tours/e/cQDMdQh ๐Ÿ‘‡

GoThru virtual tour at https://show.tours/e/BQgr5gk ๐Ÿ‘‡
Post 5 IP   flag post
101436 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?