Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3DVistaKuulaseekbeak

3D Vista Positives & Negatives Including Matterport Integration?15557

ukvisualimmersion private msg quote post Address this user
All - I have been using Kuula for a while to create virtual tours combining matterport and Drone 360’s and video.

I have found that I need to upgrade to business to ensure that I can have the clients branding on all tours.

This has made me look at alternatives, one recommendation was 3D Vista.

I wanted to know if it is easy to use with matterport models and whether creation of links and iframe embed codes is as simple as matterport.

Any advice welcome including whether you use and/or alternatives and also your view on the program if you use (positives and negative) Many Thanks in advance Ryan
Post 1 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
I am not affiliated with 3DVista, but I like the software a lot!

What I like about it, are the endless possibilities and the many built-in features like
- split screen,
- living panos,
- hotspots in 360 video,
- live guided tours,
- quiz and gamification
- etc. etc..
And maybe even more important: 3DVista has integrated so called quick actions, wich makes 3DVista probably the fastest 360 tour editor in the market. In large projects with many hotspots/touchpoints you can even beat Matterport in speed and efficiency.

What I don´t like about 3DVista is the fact, that it is sometimes a little bit unstable. Not the deployed tours, but the editor itself. Never rename any assets, never move them in windows either, otherwise the tour project may not be loading again.

Additionally, if you buy into 3D Vista hosting, (starts at 99 per year), 3DVista becomes a complete 360 Tour platform system comparable to Matterport (without the 3D). Then it is one-click upload and deployment, very fast and very comfortable. But also expensive if you have many calls on your tour (have a look at the bandwidth cost in 3DVista hosting).

A nice alternative to kuula and 3Dvista is seekbeak, which is also worth a look.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV Intro to 3DVista Virtual Tour Pro Software with Kevin Dole with Home3D.us in Los Angeles. | Thursday, 13 August 2020

--

@ukvisualimmersion

In this WGAN-TV Live at 5 show, Los Angeles-based Home3D.us Kevin Dole @3DHome discusses Matterport integration with 3DVista:

Transcript: WGAN-TV Intro to 3DVista Virtual Tour Pro Software for MSPs

If you use this WGAN affiliate link for 3DVista – and then email me the invoice – you will received - free - 12 months of WGAN-TV Training Academy Membership.

Best,

Dan
DanSmigrod@WeGetAroundNetwork.com
Post 3 IP   flag post
Virtour private msg quote post Address this user
Touching on some of the major points here:

Pros:
- essentially unlimited customization
- the most granular of features that you can imagine are available - you just need to know where to look
- tours can be hosted on their servers or your own server
- works with a ton of different 360 cameras
- can Whitelabel almost every aspect of the tour

Cons:
- steep learning curve - not a tool that you can pick up and self-teach in a day (ie. MpEmbed, Captur3d, etc.)
- advanced usage requires some level of development skills
- platform is not web-based; need the program on the computer that you are editing the tour
- mobile optimization can be tricky

3DVista is an awesome tool and certainly gives you the flexibility to customize your tour in 100's of areas, but it's likely overkill for most basic projects.
Post 4 IP   flag post
EaglePrecision private msg quote post Address this user
I will add another con: software & hosting support is sometimes less than helpful and you may have to submit your request a few times before you get a helpful support agent.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101436 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?