Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport Capture Services ProgramNewsSnapprTechCrunch

$13M: Aalto Online Marketplace that lets Homeowners Sell Directly to Buyers15400

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
TechCrunch (12 August 2021) Sequoia leads $13 million investment in Aalto, an online marketplace that lets homeowners sell directly to buyers

I wonder if the platform will seamlessly integrate with Matterport Capture Services on Demand, Snappr On Demand and/or other 3D/360 platform to make it easy for home sellers to book virtual tour, photos, video, drone, floor plans, virtual staging, etc.)

Your thoughts?

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
Dataventurer private msg quote post Address this user
Since I am in the northern California area, close enough to the Aalto office to possibly set up an in-person meeting, I checked out their website, scanned through several listings, then picked up the phone and called.

I spoke with a fellow who said he was in a sales role. Here are some details from the conversation:
- The company has their site mainly set up currently for preview listings. Once a property goes live, some of those homes are listed on the MLS, too. It appeared that their system is not fully developed yet to enable direct seller/buyer transactions through their site.
- It sounds like they have an in-house brokerage that provides some fee-based services. No details. But to get on the MLS, the listing needs an agent, and therefore some amount of commission paid (that is my assumption; they may include that listing service as part of the Aalto 1% fee to use their platform).
- All the listings have Matterport tours, provided by one of the established area real estate media companies they contract with. It sounds like Aalta handles those arrangements, so an effort to introduce Snappr or Matterport services would require a corporate-level initiative to make the pitch. The idea of marketing directly to the seller seems to be out of reach by independent media providers (like me!).

Backing up a bit to consider the larger picture, it appears to me that Aalto is seeking to create an online marketing platform that would be competing in the same general arena with Zillow and Refin. Good luck! They will need a Unique Selling Proposition, different enough to get a slice of the pie to survive. Offering a decent marketing platform with a 1% transaction service fee might be enough of a USP, but their platform needs more development. Sequoia believes in the concept enough to have just given Aalto $13 million. Let's watch!
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Dataventurer

Thanks for researching: particularly:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Dataventurer
- All the listings have Matterport tours, provided by one of the established area real estate media companies they contract with. It sounds like Aalta handles those arrangements, so an effort to introduce Snappr or Matterport services would require a corporate-level initiative to make the pitch. The idea of marketing directly to the seller seems to be out of reach by independent media providers (like me!).

I could imagine that Aalto will still end-up using a national On Demand platform for Matterport, photos, video, aerial, floor plans, etc.

My impression is that Snappr will beat Matterport - in providing Matterport tours - in the long-term because Snappr offers Matterport, photos, video, drone (and likely - at some point - floor plans and virtual staging). I can not imagine Matterport offering DSLR shot photos.

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
101730 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?