Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Floor PlansFree

Free Matterport floor plans on 2 August 2021?15348

WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
Meidansha private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

I'm not sure whether this has been covered but I received an email from Matterport in Japanese about free floor plans on this day (the 2nd of August) at the email of a matterport account log in I used to have.

to clarify I changed the billing Email awhile back when I got incorporated to my company's domain. I didn't receive the email at the new address.

Does this mean that only some accounts are eligible for free floor plans today?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab: Monday, 2 August 2021 (from Matterport Cloud Account)

@Meidansha

Yes. Matterport is offering a free floor plan today (Monday, 2 August 2021) and a free MatterPak on Tuesday, 3 August 2021).

See screen grabs above from my Matterport Cloud account.

Thanks for being the first to spot and share this news.

(I do not know if these offers are for all Matterporters or select Matterporters.)

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
Thanks Dan!

That reassured me.

The time difference here was in the email and it said from 13:00 our time. But the message in your screen grab wasn’t on my account page so I got concerned.

My first 10 are coming in now..
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Meidansha

I believe it is for one (1) free.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
Only one?

The email in Japanese said we can use the floor plan service for free on this day (from 13:00 August 2nd to 12:59 August 3rd specifically Japanese time).

They really should get their merge mails professionally translated if that’s the case. There were no attachments or links to further detail.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Meidansha

Can you do a screen grab of your eBlast and paste it here?

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
This literally says “August 2nd is the day you can use the floor plan service for free” with no further detail or link..

Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Meidansha

Thanks for sharing!

Can you "copy and paste" and translate via Google Translate (to see if that's what Matterport may have done) and share the results here?

If you get an invoice for nine (9) Matterport Floor plans, you will want to save this email to send to Matterport Support so that they credit back the additional Matterport Floor plans.

(I would be surprised if Matterport intended to have unlimited floor plans for free today in Japan. That said, if they made that offer – with bad translation – I could imagine that Matterport will honor that mistake.)

Thanks,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Meidansha

BTW, looks like you need to charge your phone.

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
Please note there is no differentiation between plural or singular in Japanese as a language (that’s why they always make the mistake of saying things in singular). You have to give a number (like “one” or “two”) or say “several” etc to make your point in Japanese.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
70_opacity_optimized_header.gif
We would like to thank all of you for your patronage.
Today, Matterport was able to go public. This wonderful start is thanks to everyone's support and cooperation. With gratitude from us, we will offer a special campaign.

August 2nd is the day when the floor plan can be used free of charge. Please log in to your account from my.matterport.com to order your floor plan.

* Free period: August 2, 2021 0:00 to 23:59 Eastern Standard Time Daylight Saving Time (August 2, 13:00 to August 3, 12:59 Japan Standard Time)

Virtual tour of NASDAQ market site
Creating a digital twin on the NASDAQ market site to commemorate the listing is a matter of course for Matterport. Would you like to experience behind the scenes of the famous NASDAQ space and ring the bell of the listing ceremony with us?
Start virtual tour
Watch live stream
Watch today at 3:45 pm EST (5:45 am EST on July 24, Japan) to ring the closing bell and celebrate the first day of MTTR trading on the Nasdaq.
participate

Pay attention to the limited preview of Matterport
Please leave it open on Wednesday, August 18, 2021. We will deliver a customer-only event invitation to secretly know the future development of Matterport.

Copyright © 2021, All rights reserved.
The copyright of all contents posted on this site belongs to Matterport Inc. Please refrain from diversion or reprinting without our permission.

Change your email preferences | View this email online

Follow Matterport's social media. We will send you the latest news and campaign information.

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Instagram YouTube
If you want to update your email preferences please visit the email preference center
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Meidansha

Does it sound like Matterport used Google Translate to translate the eBlast into Japanese?

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
For sure. Their Japanese is weird, but that’s not unusual. Googles Japanese is not much better. We often joke that we are able to read “Google Japanese” here.

The only tech companies I know who take Japanese language seriously are Microsoft, Adobe and IBM.

For the amount of advertising matterport does in Japanese they seriously only need one guy to do the job. Using a free translator (as it looks like here, with the translation being perfect in reverse) doesn’t look good for a profitable company.
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Meidansha

Ugh!

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

I could imagine that Matterport Support will be getting flooded with emails in a month asking why the Matterport floor plan was charged to their account when the promotion was pushed to them via My Matterport .

For example, I got this promotion, but we have a Matterport (Classic) Plan so likely that we are not eligible.

Your thoughts?

Dan
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
My thoughts are that if they can take $1000 off a camera there should be no issue offering free floorplans for a day.
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Meidansha

Save your paperwork for a likely dispute.

I am in the same boat, though I only ordered one “free” floor plan.

How many “free” floor plans did you order yesterday?

Dan
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
90..or so.

My largest client would want them and I was going to offer the plans for free to the client.

I’m not sure whether I can offer them now.
Post 18 IP   flag post
101629 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?