Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
.objAdviceObject File

Convert Matterport to clean sketchup file1527

Neelupeelu private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, I am looking to get a CLEAN sketchup file from a Matterport file. I have an obj file, but it's obviously quite "dirty". I noticed that there is a way to get a clean plan for $36 from Matterport. Is there a way, or a service to get a clean sketchup, rhino or dxf file that is actually usable?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Blue-Sketch
Founder
New Orleans, LA
PetraSoderling private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Neelupeelu,

my company Blue-Sketch.com has been drawing floor plans for Matterport photographers for some time now. We use RoomSketcher and the output is .jpg or .png. Price for these is USD 29.95 per house regardless of # of floors or sqft. Examples here

http://www.houzz.com/projects/users/bluesketch
https://twitter.com/BlueSketch_2D3D/media

It is possible to convert our .jpg into a SketchUp file, but of course it is simpler for you if someone does it directly in SketchUp.

Best regards,
Petra
Post 2 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Neelupeelu,Blue-Sketch's work is phenomenal, I have seen there work online, I do my own floorplans, but at this point may contract out on our larger jobs to them. You cannot beat the price and product is great. I just don't know the turn around time.

Ron
Post 3 IP   flag post
Blue-Sketch
Founder
New Orleans, LA
PetraSoderling private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Ron, that's great to hear Turnaround time is for next business day.
Post 4 IP   flag post
danmorell private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @ron0987 -

Could you provide a link to Neelupeelu? I couldn't find them online.

Thanks!
Post 5 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Danmorrell, it is PetraSoderling's company and with turn around time as next business day, that is a little slow, just kidding, with that in mind it is great. Maybe I need to work for her.

Ron
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks for the references for converting the scan into a 2d drawing. However, maybe I wasn't clear, are are any services or methods to do a clean conversion to a 3D SKETCHUP, DXF etc? We can do this ourselves, but are looking for a quicker service to achieve this. Thanks.
Post 7 IP   flag post
In other words, I would like a clean .skp file or .dxf file as the end result, and not 3D renders of the model. Thanks so much!
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

@Neelupeelu

Welcome to the Matterport User Group Forum. Thank you for the great question ...

We Get Around converts the Matterport Object File (.obj) to a SketchUp File (.skp.

Please see ...

We Get Around FloorMe Extreme: Matterport Meets SketchUp File for Easy, Fast and Affordable 3D Modeling

We also create .dwf, .dwg and .rvt files from the .obj.

Please see ...

FloorMe: Create Floor plans from the Matterport Camera 3D Object File (.obj)

MUG Member @JoshReadhead wrote this guest We Get Around blog ...

Photographers: How to Convert a Matterport Object File (.OBJ) to a Point Cloud File (.PTS) for CAD 3D Modeling

You may fine the Matterport 3rd Party Solutions Directory helpful. It's curated by We Get Around.

Post 9 IP   flag post
101432 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?