Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceScanningScans

Client Want To Add Garage to Tours1515

BrianM private msg quote post Address this user
After I submitted three completed tours the client now wants to add the garages to the tours. Doh! What is the best way to do this.

On two tours it will be easy as I didn't capture any of the door or foyer area (it was downstairs) going to the garage so I can just pick there. However, on the third, it is a small flat and the door going to the garage was closed the entire time. How far into the flat (from the door to the garage) do I have to go in and re-scan to get the door open to the garage and get into the garage?

After I do the scans and everything aligns - I then upload. Will I have the same model ID?

Advise needed to make this as simple as possible.

Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
LewisBishop private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Brian,

I'd think you would be able to get away with simply rescanning one to two scan points from the door. Unfortunately I believe that when you upload it will be a new model.
Post 2 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Brian,
The easiest way is to duplicate the model, then to look at your current model and determine which scans can see the door opening with the door closed. Delete those scans and rescan those now with the door open. I have done this in the past without duplicating model, I just redid the original model deleting and adding scans and I was not charged by Matterport. But if you do not delete enough scans and then the new processing will build a surface on the door and prevent you from walking thru. I hope that helps.

Ron
Post 3 IP   flag post
Omaha, NE
judysmithre private msg quote post Address this user
It might take less time to just redo the whole thing if its a small place.
Post 4 IP   flag post
BillRobinson private msg quote post Address this user
I recommend a minimum of 16' from the doorway. Any scan of a closed door within that range will likely result in a 'closed' door, even though it appears open. With your flat, I would create a copy on the iPad, open the door, redo all scans within 20' feet of the door (if it's that large). Delete 'original' scans within 10' and reprocess to see if it works. If not, delete 'original' scans within 16' and reprocess. Reprocessing models is free. (I always carry a tape measure with me)

I recommend practicing with a house you are scanning. Make your model with the door open. Copy on the iPad, close the door and then take several scans moving away from the door. Upload the model with the open door. After it's processed, upload the copy with door closed. Do walk through. Delete the closest 'door closed' position, reprocess. Do this until you can walk through the door and you'll have a really good idea of the distance required to have the door open.

I've found it's much easier to scan with a door open, make a copy, and then rescan with it closed. Just note on a pad, which scan positions are made with the door open, so you'll know which ones to duplicate on the copy with the door closed. Then after processing the copy, you can turn off positions that show the door open. When making floorplans agents often want to include the garage but not show it. So this technique works well for those cases.
Post 5 IP   flag post
danmorell private msg quote post Address this user
I've gone back and completed a walk up and through a front door with what @ron0987 is recommending and it worked out fine.

The initial time of day for the original scan had way too much sunlight in it, hence revisiting once the sun moved.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101423 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?