Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Pro2Pro3Ricoh Theta Z1Versus

I need an additional Matterport camera: which do I buy?15149

ukvisualimmersion private msg quote post Address this user
Thankfully I am beginning to get busy again post covid and require an additional camera for Matterport camera.

Obviously the Pro 2 is on offer at the moment so would make sense, but also a pro 3 is (probably) on its way.

So my question is should I buy

1. Pro 2
2. Theta Z1
3. Use my existing iPhone 12 Pro

I ideally want the images of internals to look the same and need the photo quality to be high.

If anyone has any like for like examples that would be great.

Many thanks
Ryan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Depends on what you are capturing. I do mostly businesses and even if it is a property it is coming from a project marketing group helping to sell their clients properties. All jobs come with a request to do a Matterport only and everybody wants a Pro2.

I have had a meeting with a client today and they want a tour for their restaurant. They have a quite great tour captured with DSLR by somebody's else but they want to replace it with a Matterport tour.

I had a Z1 and I did not like it. I tried to do a Matterport tour with an Iphone Pro 12 on an automatic rotator. Its quality was ok but much worse than from a Pro2.

You may get something better from an Ipad Pro 2020 capture but without automation with rotation you will be exhausted quite fast and you will get a lot of stitching errors.

BTW, I have a friend who does Google and property tours with Insta360 Pro 2. Even though it is not officially supported by Matterport he has mentioned that he has used it and could capture with it in the Capture app.

We are trying to pick some time when we can meet and test it to see what we can inspect from this camera used with Matterport. It can do 11K photos which so far is the biggest resolution from a 360 camera for matterport. However it still costs more than a Matterport pro2.
Post 2 IP   flag post
101436 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?