Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 666 Unique Visitors
9,061 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,289 Page Views | 18,665 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Matterport Competetion is here1513

ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
After looking at several competitive products some good some ok I just saw this, the overall product very good, inexpensive but overall final product very good. Check out this link.

https://www.insidemaps.com/project/lAlXUBBToj/virtual-tour/json?pano&cubeReprojection&loadFrom=s3&enablePanoHelpers&projectOnTrifocal&env=demo
Post 1 IP   flag post
lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
Like seeing the floor plan in the upper left-hand corner... and done with an iPhone!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Saint Louis, MO
Invelop private msg quote post Address this user
It's not smooth, does not transition well, does not navigate well, does not have a dollhouse or interactive floor plan - next please.
Post 3 IP   flag post
yoon2366 private msg quote post Address this user
my mistake... this was real... wow
Post 4 IP   flag post
dorlando private msg quote post Address this user
What was the cost Ron? Not seeing it on their site. Looks pretty impressive to me.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I was given quoted they are doing 2000 SF at $49 and $2 a month hosting after three months, that includes tour, 2d floorplan and $89 to also include 3d floor plan. Up to 4000 SF at $89, for tour and 2d and $169 for everything with 3d model.

Ron
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks Ron!

Is this a company doing these or selling a product to providers like us? Decent pricing, seems to lack little from Matterport, but definitely sounds like a great value.
Post 7 IP   flag post
360Verbeelding private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, i checked it out and signed in.
It looks as if its quality is less then the MP showcase.
But it looks like a easy to use package. And it has very nice futures more then MP. In fact that what MP prommessis is posdible with this. changi g wall colors, other floors, placing furneture etc. But for now the most imported thing is that it works with your iphone, so no investment for a expencive camera. i don't know how they process an what the charge per showcase. They realy have taken a close look to MP and their setup. They even copied the symbols.

As soon as i know more i will let you know. Its one of the first copycats of many to come. MP has to step up their pace.

Grtz Rene.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Invelop, sorry but it has all those things and a bit more.
Lets see what the future brings.

Grtz Rene.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Noel private msg quote post Address this user
What a shame that the outside photos show the rubbish on the street.
Post 10 IP   flag post
YairYepez private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting. But the main problem is that it is not full 360 degrees in both axis (vertical, horizontal) it is only 360 on the horizontal axis.

Also, there is no underlaying 3D mesh, so (among many downsides)therefore:

Transition from picture to picture is quite bad!

The resolution of the image and hdr balance is very good though.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Hi, @Noel, that doesn't say anything about the technic. That is a fotograhpers issue.

Grtz Rene.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I think the transition from picture to picture is not quite as smooth as the Matterport but plenty effective, certainly not a deal breaker.

I did notice it actually is 360 on both axis as well, for some reason the example shared by Ron does not. But this one does.

https://www.insidemaps.com/Demo-Tour

It's an odd company so far and seems to be in it's infancy. No clear definition of who they are marketing to, end users or providers. The prices Ron mentioned are a little confusing to me. Again not sure if that is 'our' cost to shoot and process a home or is it what they charge to shoot peoples homes?
Post 13 IP   flag post
dorlando
That was the prices charged to us to have it processed. I have found it a little slow but no different than Matterport was in the beginning. This company has been around for a few years, I like Matterport but I also like a little competition. I think Matterport is doing better now, but I still would like a little more feedback on the WANTS list that we keeping giving input to. But none the less just trying to see what people are thinking. I am consider starting up a BLOG for We Get Insidemaps, maybe I can do a faction as good as Dan. Great job Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
YairYepez
As far as the mesh and full 3D model they are using Photogrammetry to build a point cloud, that is all I found so far but most likely using the point cloud to develop a mesh for the surfaces, which should be a complete model. I am not sure why they would not include it but, waiting for a response from the company. I still thinking it is pretty fascinating. Also great input from all.

Ron
Post 15 IP   flag post
Got it! Thanks for clarifying. The price structure is more expensive it seems, if you take out the $4500 for the camera.

I agree with you, competition fosters innovation and the sooner we see some more players the better Matterport will get. I too wish they payed attention to the users wants more. I am sure things like this will only help!
Post 16 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
response (partial) to my inquiry to them:

What do I need to get going?
iPhone 6, 6s:
Mottr Galileo: Rotor: ~$150 available from variety of Internet shops.
Tripod: Any sturdy tripod works.

What does the service cost per home? How much for a 3D Tour, a Floor Plan and a 3D model?
$49 for 2,000 sf for 3D Tour + Floor plan. $89 for 3D model+3D Tour+floor plan.
$69 for 3,000 sf for 3D Tour + Floor plan. $129 for 3D model+3D Tour+floor plan.
$89 for 4,000 sf for 3D Tour + Floor plan. $169 for 3D model+3D Tour+floor plan.

First 3 months of hosting is free. After 3 months, we host the 3D Tour for $2 per 3D Tour
Post 17 IP   flag post
Hi Harlan. That us great info. So what do you think of these prices. Do you know how they process. I gues you take min 8 pics in one 360 turn. And than you repeat this like we do with our MP cam. When finiched you need to upload the files. Do you know if you get the showcases withoutbusing their server you become the owner of the showcase and host this at your own server. Grtz. Rene.
Post 18 IP   flag post
360Verbeelding
The processing is done similar to Matterport, after you capture a home it uploads the information to their server and is processed, stored and hosted by them. This is a Utube video showing the set up. It operates vary similar to Matterport camera.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=insidemaps+youtube+video&&view=detail&mid=9C03228334BAD66FBD719C03228334BAD66FBD71&rvsmid=699C4A098D69E1BC44EA699C4A098D69E1BC44EA&FORM=VDFSRV&fsscr=0

Pricing is hard to compare since with this their base price includes a 2D floor plan. So if you took your over all base price with Matterport, the yearly fee, plus cost for 2d or 3d floor plans, I think they are very competitive. The two things I think will attract users to their process is initial investment is lower. Final product very similar.

What I like is the exterior use is way better than Matterport. Again we do not own the final product and dependent on this company to store and host. The other thing I like is this system is not impacted by sunlight other than routine flare any camera gets.

This is what I found.

Ron
Post 19 IP   flag post
Its not that bad. i think it is a serious competitor to MP.
Where did you get all the info. They don't get back to me.
Grtz Rene.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I am very intrigued with it, I have seen their products earlier version that used a camera and was not interested, then got an update email talking about the new system. So I have been doing a lot of internet searching finding most and saw several tech related interviews about the products.
I just posted here hoping others may have more info.

Ron
Post 21 IP   flag post
Thank you. Its great info.
Grtz Rene.
Post 22 IP   flag post
pirusan private msg quote post Address this user
The demo tour has been improved since the original post in this thread https://www.insidemaps.com/Demo-Tour.

They are making it look more like the MP Spaces.

Main advantage I think is the capability of outside scans and possibly the ability to touch up the photos before uploading.

The 3D experience is not photo-realistic. To me is not better than a full color (US$ 30) floor plan

Without a true 3D file is impossible to do things like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPAdau0Kaw4
Post 23 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
I´ve done a quick research on insidemaps, last and only techcrunch news was from 2013. I guess it didn´t work.
Post 24 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
I just got a response they are still in beta. Will check it out.
Post 25 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@mori

Here's the working link (no period at the end) ...
https://www.insidemaps.com/Demo-Tour

Dan
Post 26 IP   flag post
Hi All,

This is the answer i received from Gina, Insidemaps.
I think its a great product. MP needs to step up and get in gear. Not only because of this but there is a lot going on in 3D and VR and the competition doesn't sleep. And that is a good thing for us, the users.

Reply Insidemaps,

Rene,

Thank you for your interest in the InsideMaps 3D modeling products that we offer.

The information below on InsideMaps products will hopefully address most of your questions, but please let us know if there are any additional queries that you may have.

If you’d like to join our beta program, kindly inform us at your earliest convenience.

Best regards,

Gina

What is InsideMaps?
InsideMaps is an app and a service that allows professionals in real estate to create panorama walkthroughs, floor plans, and 3D models of any home, easily and affordably.

What do I need to get going?
iPhone 6, 6s:
Mottr Galileo: Rotor: ~$150 available from variety of Internet shops.
Tripod: Any sturdy tripod works.

What does the service cost per home? How much for a 3D Tour, a Floor Plan and a 3D model?
$49 for 2,000 sf for 3D Tour + Floor plan. $89 for 3D model+3D Tour+floor plan.
$69 for 3,000 sf for 3D Tour + Floor plan. $129 for 3D model+3D Tour+floor plan.
$89 for 4,000 sf for 3D Tour + Floor plan. $169 for 3D model+3D Tour+floor plan.

First 3 months of hosting is free. After 3 months, we host the 3D Tour for $2 per 3D Tour

How does the scan process work?
The following videos hopefully give you a good idea of what “scanning” entails.

An "equipment setup tutorial" video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfEutmqmDy0&feature=youtu.be
Video of a scan using the Motrr+iPhone combination
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gpLeLa_t0g&feature=youtu.be
Video on tripod placement:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gpLeLa_t0g&feature=youtu.be

What will the output look like?

Our first release of InsideMaps 3D Tour is more of a Toursler-like solution as seen in the following example:
https://www.insidemaps.com/project/lAlXUBBToj/virtual-tour/json?pano&cubeReprojection&loadFrom=s3&enablePanoHelpers&projectOnTrifocal&env=demo

Our Matterport-like solution, scheduled for release late summer, is like the following example:
https://www.insidemaps.com/3d-tour/141-Alta-Tierra?env=demo

Are you still in beta? When will it be released?
The InsideMaps iPhone App is still in beta as we're making a few more improvements before submitting the app to the Apple app store. It should take a couple of weeks to get approved. In the meantime, we can support you through our beta program.

What do I need to join your beta program and get going?
Buy the Motrr and the adapter. It is important to purchase the iPhone 6 adapter for the Motrr as shown in the video above.
Please register on InsideMaps.com
To register, please go to www.insidemaps.com and click "Sign In." You will be asked to create an account by signing in using your gmail address. (An account is automatically created the first time you login.) The gmail address is what will be used to communicate back to you with the results of your scans and how you access the results of your "scans."
Send me a reply with the gmail alias used in the registration. You’ll receive an email from Apple’s TestFlight beta test server for you to download the app.
Use the tutorials above to get started. The first home is free.

--
Gina Vinluan
InsideMaps
Post 27 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder what patents Matterport has. While this is clearly different technology, the presentation model with the circles in the floor, etc, look like a knock off of Matterport.
Post 28 IP   flag post
i do to.
Post 29 IP   flag post
WashingtonState360 private msg quote post Address this user
InsideMaps may be in trouble.

They evidently depend on at least two outside gadgets; the iPhone 6 or 6s and the Mmotr Galileo tripod head (app-driven, motorized).

I had looked into the Motrr Galileo a year or two ago and found it to be interesting but it looked fragile. Yet, my recent look into InsideMaps seemed to revive interest in becoming part of their Beta Test Group (even though their aim was more toward creating models for furniture sales or such, and my aim is simply creating a warm introduction to "what already is"!). Anyway, curious, I looked for a Galileo and found only two online for sale at around DOUBLE the 150$ suggested retail.

I've written to Motrr and InsideMaps very recently to inquire about corporate health, since a primary component was already a seemingly rare collectors item. Sadly for I.M., the news of Galileo's current unavailability may have come as a surprise to the InsideMaps staff. No reply yet from Motrr. Yet, this is what i saw a couple days ago posted on www.Motrr.com ... and thought I'd share it here....

"Thank you for your support and interest over the years.
We are ceasing our operations and services.

If you have previously downloaded our apps, they will remain functional with your existing Galileo unit,
however we will not be providing any further updates, releases or making the app available for download.

For all inquiries [...]."

Doesn't sound too good for Motrr nor InsideMaps by dependence, unless perhaps they buy Motrr or such?
Post 30 IP   flag post
101811 30 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?