Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CAPTUR3DWebinar

Webinar: CAPTUR3D Paired with Matterport (8 AM EDT Tuesday, June 15, 2021)15081

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

CAPTUR3D email received Thursday, June 10, 2021

---

Join Bruce Wells, the Managing Director @ Matterport APAC, and Amy Valentine, Sales Executive @ CAPTUR3D, as they co-host this very special live webinar on June 16 // 12PM AEST. They'll talk all about the latest offerings from Matterport & CAPTUR3D, and how the industry is evolving in a post-COVID world.

There will also be a special EOFY promotion valued at over $1,500 AUD, including a discount on a Matterport Pro2, plus a free hard case & tripod.

---

Time:

8 AM EDT Tuesday, June 15, 2021 (Atlanta time zone)
Noon AEST Wednesday, 16 June 2021 (Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney time zone)

Register (Free)

---
Use this WGAN affiliate link to create a free CAPTUR3D account and receive 90 credits. That's $90 which is good for five (5) free CAPTUR3D Floor Plans/Site Plans; 90 images edited (and other options).

---

5 free floor plans from a Matterport tour when you use this WGAN affiliate link to create a free CAPTUR3D account. [To be eligible to receive WGAN-TV Training U (in Matterport) 1-Year Membership, send your CAPTUR3D receipt for $250 or more to: DanSmigrod@WeGetAroundNetwork.com]
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: Webinar - Celebrating 10 Years with Matterport | CAPTUR3D | Video courtesy of CAPTUR3D YouTube Channel | 18 June 2021

Transcript (video above)

Steven Kounnas (00:00:00):
Hello and welcome. I can see a few people coming into the webinar. So welcome aboard. Good to see that you're early and on time. We're just going to be waiting for a couple minutes until we have a few people in here and then we can kick off proceedings. It's great to see so many people coming in early. While we're waiting, I'd love to hear a little bit from all of you in the chat side of the screen.

Steven Kounnas (00:00:27):
So at the bottom you'll see a chat. Let us know where you're tuning in from and how long you've been using Matterport. Or if you're brand new, please let us know and potentially any industries that you do work in or specialize in. To help I'm Steven Trini from Melbourne. Been working with Matterport for almost eight years almost every industry. But please throw it in the chat.

Steven Kounnas (00:00:47):
Love to hear from you see where you're calling in from or tuning in from. Get a little bit more information from you. There's a couple one from Seattle, six and a half years. Cathy Legacy. Well done. Parth, brand new. Still trying to get to the business. Fantastic. Hanson, welcome aboard. New Zealand, property photography. Dean Sholly, welcome back. New Jersey. We've got some American attendees which is great to see.

Steven Kounnas (00:01:21):
It must be quite late in the evening. If my math is correct it'd be close to 10:00 PM, 9:00 PM depending on what side of the country you're are. So welcome aboard and thank you for joining us so late. Goldcoast Kingsley welcome aboard. Great to see more from you as the new attendee. Argentina. Might be our first ever Argentinian guest. Welcome aboard Sebastian. Good to see you. And Japan, Nigel welcome.

Steven Kounnas (00:01:44):
Sam Noakes, one of our first clients here in Australia from Jellis Craig. Good to see you on board. I know you're trying to get up to Iraq recently. I assume you're in the same boat as us, but you got stuck locked down in Melbourne. But hopefully this can make up for a little part of it in any case. Well, welcome aboard everyone. As you can see in the chat, I'll just repeat myself because there's a few new participants that have joined.

Steven Kounnas (00:02:05):
Please let us know where you're calling in from and also how long you've been with Matterport if you're brand new to the space as well and what industries do you specialize in, if any at all. I would love to hear from you. It helps us kind of curate the next webinars and the different parts of this series moving forward. And it's also just so great to have an idea of where everyone's tuning in from such a global audience that we've got going on today.

Steven Kounnas (00:02:28):
It's just clicked over 12. So I'm going to kick into gear and start this webinar off. There's a few housekeeping rules I'd like to start with really quickly. And I'm sure you're all probably sick of Zoom and being told how to use Zoom, but just in case you're not, there is a Q and A function down at the bottom. We'll be answering as many questions as we possibly can at the end of the session. We've left plenty of time.

Steven Kounnas (00:02:49):
So if anything pops up during the next 45 minutes or hour, please feel free to write your comments into the Q and A and we will be endeavoring to answer as many as possible as we go through the process. Secondly, this webinar will be recorded or is being recorded, I hope. Yes it is. And we'll be sending out a live recording of this in about 24 or 48 hours once we process it and get it up and running.

Steven Kounnas (00:03:14):
And so if you want to reshare it with your group, your employees, wherever it may be, or just relisten to some of the insights that have been provided, we'll be sending that out pretty shortly. And the last part as well I'm hoping one of our moderators will send up the links to the Facebook groups whether you're new or existing. There's some amazing resources out there and to become part of the community within Matterport in general.

Steven Kounnas (00:03:38):
So firstly, I would suggest joining the mood. So the Matterport official user group on Facebook, there's some really good insights and conversations happening there. Also the CAPTUR3D community group. So that's more primarily based here in Australia and coming from us as a community builder with both our platform and the Matterport side of things as well.

Steven Kounnas (00:03:56):
And the last one is SCANN, which was our initial company that was the scanning company, but now is also the reseller for the Matterport hardware here in Australia and New Zealand. I can see a lot more people coming in, which is great. So welcome aboard. We're kicking into gear and to begin I'd just like to start with a welcome to country. So let's begin by acknowledging the Wurundjeri people of the Kulin Nation, who are the traditional owners and custodians of the unstated lands upon which we meet and live and share today.

Steven Kounnas (00:04:27):
We acknowledge the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, spirit, imagination, and rich history of storytelling, creativity, and knowledge. These gifts that they share with us are an inspiration to all Australians. With our respects to the ancestors past, present and emerging, we are committed to building a broader future together and look forward to establishing debit connections between Australians and our first nations people. So welcome. I'm really excited today.

Steven Kounnas (00:04:51):
We have an amazing webinar planned for you. We have two amazing speakers and I hope we can dive into a mountain of questions and hopefully clear up a lot of things or answer anything that you might have going on or any questions that you might have. You probably see in the comment section that there's going to be a good mix today.

Steven Kounnas (00:05:10):
People that are brand new to the technology that are wanting to get some information about how to enter the market or where the industry is going, but also some long-term, we'll call them legacy, providers who have been in this space for quite a long time. You never stopped learning. And I think this is a really great space for this opportunity. So I'll present our first two speakers as well. So we have Amy Valentine from my team.

Steven Kounnas (00:05:32):
She's the sales executive here at Florida. If you're talking about anything to do with Matterport in Australia and New Zealand, 100% you've spoken to her. She's a fountain of wisdom within this space. She'll be running through a general overview of Matterport and taking a look at the past 12 months of trends in our industry. It has been a turbulent 12 months. You probably heard her over before with the pandemic in this space.

Steven Kounnas (00:05:54):
There is also a lot of opportunity within this as well. And Amy will be running through a few of these areas of key interests. And secondly, I'd love to welcome aboard Bruce Wells, the managing director of Matterport in APAC based out of Singapore. He's joined us before in a webinar. It has been great to have him back again today. He's going to be diving into some exciting new features that are upcoming and also be taking a snapshot of where Matterport is currently globally.

Steven Kounnas (00:06:17):
So it's great that we have a global audience and we have some new and existing customers on board. I think I've spoken plenty. So I'm going to pass it along to Amy to kick us off. I'm excited to hear where this all goes and feel free to add any questions as we go. I'll be monitoring the process. Amy, across to you.

Amy Valentine (00:06:35):
Awesome. Thank you for the lovely intro. Thanks, Steve. Much appreciated. I will just share my screen. I've got a quick presentation to run through to talk about the previous 10 years. As Steve said, I am the sales executive at CAPTUR3D in PHORIA. My name is Amy Valentine. I've been working with the company for a couple of years now. And I'd also like to congratulate Bruce and the Matterport team for 10 years of Matterport.

Amy Valentine (00:07:03):
That's incredible. What a huge, huge achievement. On top of that, we recently had a birthday as well at CAPTUR3D. We've been around for seven years, which is super exciting to have been part of Matterport's journey for such a long amount of time. We've seen so many changes over the past seven years, but in particular the last 12 months during COVID and everything. It's been pretty turbulent.

Amy Valentine (00:07:30):
So starting from a CEO, Trent purchasing one of the very first medical cameras back in 2014, I think you said it was the 11th of the production lines. It was super, super early on getting involved with that and that's how CAPTUR3D was born and SCANN and everything from there. So there's a photo I've got from back when we could go to events.

Amy Valentine (00:07:55):
Bruce and I went to one in Brisbane. It was really, really fun, really good to actually speak to people and not long after this was when all of the lockdowns really happened and we weren't able to go anywhere. And we were recently sad to not be able to go to Iraq, but it's okay.

Steven Kounnas (00:08:13):
Sorry, Amy.

Amy Valentine (00:08:14):
Sorry.

Steven Kounnas (00:08:14):
I don't think the attendees can see your screen. Do you mind resharing?

Amy Valentine (00:08:18):
Sure. Oh, of course that happened. Are we presenting now?

Steven Kounnas (00:08:32):
We are good to go.

Amy Valentine (00:08:35):
Of course that happened. It's the demo rules. We always talk about how every single time you want to do a tech demo something would go wrong. Got that one out of the way, at least. So this is the photo I was talking about from back at the event in Brisbane. It was really nice and I got to meet Bruce in person, which was lovely as well. So I won't go over all that again, but the past 12 months have been huge.

Amy Valentine (00:09:01):
We have released over 13 new features CAPTUR3D. Some of the most notable ones that obviously ARConnect. That's our augmented reality application which allows you to view your Matterport tour onsite but also through that digital layer. So you can see all of your Mattertags, you can do measurements. Oh, what's happened? Oh, there we go. You can do all of your measurements in augmented reality, which is incredible.

Amy Valentine (00:09:32):
You can even add Mattertags and in the long run this is going to be such a huge, huge feature for building integration of all of the different kinds of features that are there. With virtual staging, we've also developed different things like being able to change the lighting. You can add your own custom Mattertags and change them to be whatever suits your branding.

Amy Valentine (00:10:03):
And so that you can quickly identify if you're doing some sort of asset management, you can see what specific features you want to get to straight away without faffing about basically. You can also integrate audio, which is something that's actually been asked for quite a bit from all of you. So we were super excited to be able to launch that. The lighting, I covered that. We also recently launched media embed.

Amy Valentine (00:10:34):
So, again, something that has been asked for loads by everyone. So super excited to have that available to all of you. So you can have videos embedded into your TVs and have your little marketing deals playing or just additional information as well. Great for conditional reporting showing a dripping tap. That's one of the ones that I could foresee being used quite a bit. So you obviously can't show that with a photo.

Amy Valentine (00:10:59):
So it's pretty great to be able to integrate a video to demonstrate those kinds of damages. Floor plans. So we've obviously worked a lot on our floor plans and you can upload your own templates with CAPTUR3D and generate it however you want it. Again, we want it to match your branding. Essentially our vision is to democratize 3D virtual tools so that everyone can create the content the way they want to and have it look the way it suits your branding.

Amy Valentine (00:11:35):
Our intention for CAPTUR3D has always been to be able to fill in the gaps of what you want to be able to provide to your clients and add additional value, which you of course can then are in charge and make sure it suits your business model the best way possible. So we were excited to be able to offer whitelabeling for free. That was one of the big features and it's also kind of a quiet achiever and all of the features that we've released.

Amy Valentine (00:12:02):
I'm super excited to see how everyone uses that to their advantage and demonstrating their tours as their own because they are yours. It's your work. You've done a lot to create this for your clients. So it's great to be able to present it that way as well. Our measurement tool, I wanted to bring this up because as part of that whole vision of creating Matterport tour is the way you want to be able to show them to your clients.

Amy Valentine (00:12:32):
We have originally developed our own measurement tool through CAPTUR3D, which we were able to discontinue, which is pretty cool because that means that we are listening to you, we're ahead of the curve in what you want us to provide to you. And it was great to have Matterport also then launch their measurement tool and we were able to discontinue something.

Amy Valentine (00:12:55):
So I think it's great to be able to celebrate not only the things that you were able to create but the things that you were able to stop doing. So to dive into some stats. This is a little bit real estate focused. So I'm sorry if you're not in the real estate industry, but these stats are still pretty amazing. So we found that buyers are a 60% more likely to email an agent and 95% more likely to call when the listing has a 3D virtual tour.

Amy Valentine (00:13:29):
Particularly this was information we've got from realestate.com.au. 80% more inquiries across the board and a 400% increase on the number of digital inspections viewed on realestate.com.au in 2020 June in comparison to mid-June, 2019. So that is a testament not only to what happened during the COVID pandemic and everything, just the whole landscape changing.

Amy Valentine (00:14:01):
We definitely saw an increase in interest and a deeper understanding developed during that period. And that's evident in the numbers that have come out of 2020. 72% of renters said that they would lease an apartment or home without seeing it in person. So sight unseen. We've talked about it heaps in the past, but it's pretty amazing to have a figure to be able to put to that. And again, this all comes out of COVID.

Amy Valentine (00:14:33):
So the past 12 months I've been joking that 2020 was long five years. We learned a lot. So 95% of people surveyed said that they would also be more likely to rent appropriately if it included the 3D tour overall and domain reported that users spent 52% longer on listings that contain a virtual tour. And, again, another quote from one of our favorite clients who've been with us super early on Jellis Craig.

Amy Valentine (00:15:06):
Sam, you were on the call. Thanks for joining. And obviously Angela had this great quote about being in lockdown and still being able to do your job as a result of having the ability to showcase your listings via virtual tours. So going back to what I said before about the landscape totally changing, one of the things that's changed really dramatically that I'm witnessing firsthand is the conversations that I'm having.

Amy Valentine (00:15:34):
So a year ago or a year and a half ago, the conversations were so much more about why Matterport, what good is it for me? And as soon as the pandemic happened, this conversation completely pivoted to how do I apply this to my individual business? What's my return on investment? These are my numbers. Now my conversations are so much more focused on number crunching and actually talking about the depth of how this can impact your business as an individual.

Amy Valentine (00:16:10):
So one of those questions is obviously for the newcomers as well asking where all of the Matterport cameras are located. So I thought I would include that in here. So we've got this map, which is a live map showing where all of the Matterport cameras currently are, but then we can get a little bit more granular and look at the growth in the last 12 months.

Amy Valentine (00:16:31):
With all of the States in Australia, we can see that it's probably no surprise in New South Wales and Victoria kind of leading the charge there, but Queensland is really not that far behind. And I think another notable stat there is Tas. I feel like Tas is such a beautiful place and there's so much value there for Matterport virtual tours to capture these houses that are off the grid and really regional in the way that they're set up.

Amy Valentine (00:17:03):
So I would love to see more cameras going into Tas and seeing more virtual tours of Tasmanian homes. And New Zealand, I haven't forgot about you. You tend to get left off maps, but not my map. Auckland and Christchurch, you are obviously leading the charge. I didn't think that that's a surprise either in terms of growth. I was pretty amazed to see the Palmerston North and Gisborne were not that far away from Wellington considering Wellington is one of the larger places.

Amy Valentine (00:17:38):
And then obviously there's a big chunk just going just random little suburbs all throughout New Zealand as well. Then I broke it down by industry as well. So this is interesting because, again, not surprising Matterport Service Providers are the biggest camera purchases and then residential real estate.

Amy Valentine (00:18:04):
This took a big jump during COVID where I was finding that a lot of real estate agents who didn't really see the value in having a Matterport virtual tour suddenly needed it particularly for the property management space because it allowed you to continue doing all of your inspections and opens and everything. As far as I'm concerned, renting your property is absolute basic human rights to be able to find somewhere to live.

Amy Valentine (00:18:37):
So this was something that I think is really valuable particularly during the pandemic. The other section. So this is something as well that includes museums and galleries. This is an industry that we've really seen take flight. It was the last year being able to still have people come through the doors essentially has been really, really valuable for museums and galleries over the last 12 to 18 months.

Amy Valentine (00:19:05):
And I just wanted to include this little photo. It's the closest thing I have to a team photo in the last sort of 12 months. These are all the beautiful faces that are working behind the scenes on creating CAPTUR3D and keeping me sane while I'm working through everything. Well, we're all working from home as well so this was when we were able to catch up in person. And I just wanted to include that.

Amy Valentine (00:19:33):
This photo makes me laugh, just side note for just two seconds, because I feel like we kept all the traditions of a group photo. One person is blinking, one person is blurry, one person has their tongue out, one person is looking away and someone is on their knees. We checked all the boxes as far as I'm concerned with this group photo.

Amy Valentine (00:19:53):
And that was all... Oh no, didn't mean to do that. So thank you for listening to me and I'll hand you over to Steve and Bruce to continue talking from here. I'm sure you'll have heaps of questions particularly for Bruce.

Steven Kounnas (00:20:09):
The hack continues with a quick preview. It was too quick for anyone to raise so it's still built, but it's a good point to start off. We will be announcing a huge promotion at the end of this webinar. It's once in 10 years technically because it's a 10-year anniversary promotion that we've got running and we'll provide more information on that towards the end. Thank you so much for that, Amy. It was some amazing insights.

Steven Kounnas (00:20:31):
Just looking at the chat people were really interested in a lot of those stats. A lot of the real estate based ones were all coming out of realestate.com.au. All of your stats that you're providing on region based is our information that we've got based on cameras that we sold, probably not an exact stat because here are other cameras in circulation that do come here, but it's a pretty good indication of where these things sit.

Steven Kounnas (00:20:52):
Something that Amy and I speak to our customers about frequently is around we're at the infancy of this industry and this technology. And so if you compare it to, let's say photography for instance, you have tens of thousands of real estate photography businesses that operate successfully here in Australia and New Zealand. And at the moment we've got 500, maybe 750 cameras in circulation.

Steven Kounnas (00:21:16):
And so when you make that comparison, you can see that we're still right at the start of this journey. And if you were to compare it to the real estate photography, this is probably when black and white photos were starting to take off. And we've got a huge journey ahead of us and huge opportunities, which means all these people that are starting now or who've started in the previous few years really seeding this market and looking forward to the long and prosperous future as well.

Steven Kounnas (00:21:38):
So thank you so much for that, Amy. Some amazing insights in that pace. And please feel free to throw your questions in the Q and A. All the live chat I'm doing my best to kind of keep across both. I could see some interesting pieces coming through. Andrew 2000 properties in Tasmania. That's huge. I didn't actually look at the map. Did you have a percentage on Tasmania, Amy?

Amy Valentine (00:21:58):
2%.

Steven Kounnas (00:21:59):
2%. Since it's coming from you, but that's a huge, huge effort down there. Beautiful. All right. Across now, we'll move on to Bruce Wells, as I mentioned before. Managing director for Matterport in APAC. I won't say too much. I'll pass it across to him to take over, but please feel free to put all your questions in the chat and we'll get to them as we go. Bruce, across to you.

Bruce Wells (00:22:26):
Great. Thanks. Steve and Amy, thank you very much for giving us this opportunity to present today. Very excited to go through some updates on what's going on with Matterport. We will talk a bit about our 10-year anniversary. I probably have more content than I have a lot of time. So I will kind of without further ado I'm going to jump into this and I do want to make sure we do have some time for Q and A at the end.

Bruce Wells (00:22:50):
Just a thumbs up if you can see my screen. Fantastic. All right. So I've got three kind of topic areas I'm going to go through today. I do want to talk about the digital twin growth. Steven and Amy both alluded to this great or mentioned this great uptake we've been seeing. And we're really just getting started here. So I'm going to share some...

Bruce Wells (00:23:11):
Actually without knowing what you were going to present, Amy, there's a good segue into some of the new industry verticals that are looking to how they can use digital twins to change and transform their businesses. I'm going to talk about our developer platform. We have some really exciting things going on in the broader ecosystem of third-party developers who are leveraging Matterport. And we'll talk more about that.

Bruce Wells (00:23:35):
And then last thing I want to talk about some things about our 10-year anniversary, some stuff that's in the future that's coming up. So without further ado, let me jump into this. So I wanted to start with just one kind of slide about the kind of credentials or the kind of an overview of Matterport. We will be celebrating our 10-year anniversary tomorrow. That officially is our anniversary date.

Bruce Wells (00:24:00):
We now have over a quarter of a million customers using Matterport in more than 150 geographies. I joined Matterport about 18 months ago. I think we've added customers in more than 30 new countries. The credential side when I first joined it said 120. Now we're up to 150. I think when I first joined, we were at two plus million spaces and in 18 months now we've gone past that 5 million space milestone. It's really exciting.

Bruce Wells (00:24:30):
I think we added more spaces in the last two years through all of your efforts and in using Matterport and driving this into your businesses and helping the end customers get value. We've added more spaces in the last two years than I believe we did in the first eight years as a company. And this exciting growth is not slowing down. We're seeing more and more use cases, more industries adopting digital twins.

Bruce Wells (00:24:55):
So many of you are familiar with us, of course, in the promotion of real estate, residential, commercial, even industrial manufacturing, but the use cases for Matterport continued to expand across basically the entire property life cycle. So we're working more and more with architects and engineering firms in the design of properties, working with the construction firms and contractors to track progress on the construction and build of new properties.

Bruce Wells (00:25:24):
We're doing more and more in facilities management and unlocking value of a digital twin to drive new efficiencies in the operation and management of spaces. And then last and definitely not least some really exciting progress we're making in unlocking value in the insurance and restoration industry. Streamlining the claims process and just adding value into to basically the larger ecosystem in that touring repair section.

Bruce Wells (00:25:53):
And also the types of companies or the types of properties. Again, our anchor and our foundation of our business has been and will continue to be in the real estate sector. What we're doing more and more into retail, commercial, travel, industrial and just a wide variety of different industries. I thought I would just do a quick snapshot of some of my kind of favorite spaces that are not the typical ones.

Bruce Wells (00:26:22):
And I'll just quickly touch on these just to illustrate some of the incredible breadth of capabilities that the ecosystem of Matterport users and how they're adding value into the customers' businesses here. So the one on the top left, this is Bank of Italy. It's an 18 story building in construction. And you can see there from the dollhouse view, this great multi-story commercial property captured in all its glory.

Bruce Wells (00:26:50):
A great doll house view of that large commercial construction. The one below that, the bottom left, that is a factory in China. This is a car manufacturing factory massive place. I should have actually written down how big it is, but it's one of the biggest sites that we've ever scanned. And we did all aspects of the general assembly, the plant, the painting, welding. There's just the entire production line.

Bruce Wells (00:27:20):
And it was due in the midst of COVID where investors and their customers couldn't get on site to do tours and visits their suppliers and vendors. This was a great way to bring a virtual experience and to help that business continue. The one in the middle is a, I think, it's a substation.

Bruce Wells (00:27:39):
We've got telecom companies, electric companies, civil utility companies that are using digital twins to drive, again, added efficiencies especially when you think about how spread out some of their network is in terms of geographic distance. The one below that, which is really hard to see and I wasn't sure how to get a good capture of this, this is a tunnel. A tunnel in Finland that was captured at Matterport.

Bruce Wells (00:28:03):
So I just took the aerial view of this to illustrate what that tunnel looks like. But again, just other examples that are not in the kind of normal space that you would think of Matterport. The top right is a engine room of a super tanker or a super cargo ship in Singapore where this customer scanned the engine room again to help drive efficiencies for inspections and given everything that's going on with travel restrictions to have this documentation of their fleet.

Bruce Wells (00:28:37):
And then the bottom right is an unfortunate fire in a home and just illustrating the capture of the building on 3D model of a fire. In this case it's for the help of the claims process. So, again, just some neat examples of going beyond the promotion of real estate into some other really neat use cases. I'm going to shift now and just do a very tactical just kind of highlight some features that have been launched and some new features that are coming out. Some of you may already be using this and aware of it.

Bruce Wells (00:29:10):
I hope we recently launched a blur brush capability. This was out of demand from our users saying that we need to have this ability to whether that be highlighting or marking up family photos or confidential information in a scan. Now you can do that using a blur brush capability similar to the old paint tools that you may recall. Very easy to use. If you haven't done this it's all available into your Matterport subscriptions.

Bruce Wells (00:29:42):
So I'm just bringing that one reminding people we have this capability. A couple new things that are coming out. So this is still in development. It's not available yet. So coming soon, big red letters up there, but exciting to talk about is a feature called notes. Think about where you can have a threaded message with other users in your Matterport account where you could be tagging content, tagging information.

Bruce Wells (00:30:10):
So I can say, hey, Amy, I think we need to change the countertop or in your earlier example, we need to fix the leaky faucet. If you put in some information about that, Amy would get notified. She could go in and view the property, see where that note was left. Again, creating more of a collaborative interface on top of your Matterport space. So more information to come on that in the future. Oops, sorry. Wrong direction.

Bruce Wells (00:30:40):
The next one, again, I have very little on this one but I thought the illustration, this was neat. The team is working on a trim mesh, a trim tool within the mesh. So in other words, being able to edit or trim your models not in capture, but being able to do that in workshop. So something that has been asked in the past, again, this is early stages development, but I just wanted to give you a kind of a glimpse of some of the things that we're working on and exciting stuff in the future with Matterport.

Bruce Wells (00:31:14):
It's a great segue into this next section, which is about the SDK and the API, or our developer toolkit. As Matterport extends its reach into new industry verticals, opens up opportunities for more and more customers around the world, it gets more daunting to be able to provide all the feature functionality that's required in each of those domain areas.

Bruce Wells (00:31:37):
As a result of that, we have opened up Matterport to third-party developers and the broader ecosystem of Matterport users to be able to build and extend the bill applications to extend the value of Matterport through custom applications. What Amy and Steven talked about CAPTUR3D is a great example of that. ARConnect, the virtual staging and all the awesome stuff that's being developed by PHORIA and CAPTUR3D is a just a great example of what's possible by extending and building applications on top of Matterport.

Bruce Wells (00:32:07):
I think right now we've have over 400 developers that have signed up for the licenses and are working on, again, extending the value of Matterport through these custom applications. I've just got a couple I'm going to show quite quickly here just as a quick visual illustrations of what's possible. And, again, I think we're just scratching the surface here. This is the early release of the developer toolkit.

Bruce Wells (00:32:30):
More and more functionality will be released over time. So some examples you can see here is the programmatic controlling of Mattertags where you could dynamically be adding in content. As you see on the example on the right base. This is a little trivia game. If you answer the question correct, you can see the Mattertag turns green, if you get it wrong, it's red.

Bruce Wells (00:32:52):
Again, just to illustrate how you can have two way interactions and programmatic controls of Mattertags. If you think about the early versions of Mattertags was you went into workshop and you added the content in and it was quite static and you'd have to control it that way. Now there's a whole bunch of different ways to do that in a more automated way. Again, that's provided through the developer tool kit.

Bruce Wells (00:33:15):
A couple more examples. Actually Amy highlighted this in her presentation. We've captured the live video streaming doing object insertion. There's also an example on the left. You can see taking the field of view of a security camera and being able to insert that into the model to show you the coverage of a security camera.

Bruce Wells (00:33:37):
This is coming out of a use case of a client that does commercial construction or commercial security and being able to show their customers using a Matterport 3D digital twin what the coverage would look like through that digital experience. And lastly and definitely not least is the insertion of IoT content. So the top example there you can see dynamic content overlaid into your Matterport space.

Bruce Wells (00:34:07):
So creating basically a visualization layer of dynamic data. So IoT devices, we've seen more and more companies that are investing in smart buildings, IoT, dynamic sensors. Now you can actually take that and integrate it into your Matterport space to create this new level of interaction. And then the bottom is, again, another example of virtual staging. But I would encourage you to look at what CAPTUR3D has done.

Bruce Wells (00:34:32):
It's a lot better than the example I'm showing you. Lastly, is we will soon be announcing a change on our webpage to highlight partners. Partners that are part of this growing ecosystem of third-party developers are very happy and not surprising to let everybody know that PHORIA is going to be one of the premier launch partners when we launch this on our website.

Bruce Wells (00:34:56):
I think there are six companies that have been earmarked to be part of that launch. And it's great that we'll see PHORIA getting their rightful place into the website and it's amazing content that's being developed. I'll shift to the last section here. And I just want to talk a little bit about where Matterport is going. So you can get a glimpse that this is moving beyond the virtual tour, moving beyond what you may have traditionally seen as Matterport's kind of sweet spot.

Bruce Wells (00:35:24):
If you think about us today about transforming the buildings into data, tomorrow what we want to do is we want to transform by using that data to add additional value. And there are some exciting things happening in the world of AI, in the world of understanding the content of your Matterport spaces to add additional value as we move kind of forward into what's possible in the future here.

Bruce Wells (00:35:49):
And this is an example here of some of the questions that will be possible to answer in the context of your Matterport experience. So no longer just limited to say the virtual experience, but actually wanting to interrogate and look at the content in the information that you've captured in your Matterport space. So examples such as, "I want to locate all the sprinkler heads in a commercial property."

Bruce Wells (00:36:16):
You can see here," I want to see how many windows in that building." "What's the average size of a kitchen in the London flats?" And there's a whole bunch more here. There's a lot more information. We'll be sharing more about these capabilities over time. Just one example on that sprinkler one. Now here again is an ability where you could actually do a search of content within the space.

Bruce Wells (00:36:39):
Some of this is AI driven, some of it's manual, but this is going to continue to evolve as we unlock the kind of art of what's possible, given that we have this great contextual understanding of what's inside a Matterport space. I would encourage you to not have a load error when you're presenting. What happened here? Hold on. There we go. All right. I think this is my last slide, Steven, so you'll be able to get the mic away from me.

Bruce Wells (00:37:13):
The last thing I wanted to share with everybody is you may be aware that Matterport is planning a public launch. If you want to learn more about this I would encourage you to go to the investors page on our website. In that page there is some really exciting things about what's happening in the future of Matterport. The video that you can see playing on the screen here, I'd encourage you to take a listen to that.

Bruce Wells (00:37:38):
It really does talk about the direction and where we're going as a company. There's also some really neat information about what we're doing in terms of our vision and direction. So I would encourage you to take a look at that website. And then lastly as I do hand over back to Amy, we are super excited about our 10-year anniversary.

Bruce Wells (00:37:59):
This is an incredible milestone, but it is really just the start. We are now well primed to take and go forward and to drive additional value for the broader ecosystem. And in celebration of our 10-year anniversary, we also have some special promotions that we would like to share with you. So with that, I will hand it back to Amy.

Amy Valentine (00:38:22):
Yeah. Awesome. Thank you, Bruce. So that slide that I accidentally shared a moment ago, I will share it intentionally this time. We do have a pretty awesome 24-hour flash sale for the Matterport cameras at the moment. So 24 hours from when this webinar ends, and including during the webinar, except I won't be able to respond to you. If you want to get in, you can.

Amy Valentine (00:38:47):
So there'll be 18% off, which equates to $1,000 dollars. So the camera will be $4,945 plus GST. And for the first 10 orders that come through, we're also throwing in a free Manfrotto tripod and a free hard case as well, a HPRC one. It's red, and both of those things are of the value of $855 plus GST. So it's a pretty good deal. You are overall getting about $1,900 off for the whole package.

Amy Valentine (00:39:22):
So that was pretty cool. And we will have more information coming out by ADM about all of that as well to all of you, but we wanted to talk about it now. And that's that. So if you want to use the promo code, you can email that over to us at info@scann3d.com.au, or just you might already have my email, or give me a call. That's it.

Steven Kounnas (00:39:45):
Awesome. Thank you so much, Bruce and Amy. And just as reiterating a couple of things there, we will be sending out an EDM with all of the details of this. This is literally a once in 10-year sale. I've been working with this industry for... We're almost eight years and nothing quite marries up to this. It's almost $2,000 of value, including the tripod and the hard cases, including the discount on the camera. So there's some amazing opportunities there.

Steven Kounnas (00:40:11):
I can see some questions starting to flow through, and so we'll dive into those in a second. Please feel free to keep sending them through and we'll get to as many as possible as we go through. Just before we do though, I just wanted to comment on a couple of things, Bruce, that you were talking about there. The notes feature that's coming out soon, I think that's an amazing opportunity.

Steven Kounnas (00:40:29):
I was talking about it with our team across so many different industries, be it property management. So with the tenant being able to access it and communicate with their real estate agent really easily at a certain point through renovation process, insurance processes, commercial. I can almost see applications for it in almost any industry, and the way that it was presented there, it almost looked like Google Docs where you can kind of go back and forth on it.

Steven Kounnas (00:40:49):
So really exciting about that one. The trimming and [inaudible 00:40:52], long time CAPTUR3D customer, longtime Matterport user over in Hawaii [inaudible 00:40:58]. But you mentioned it's a long time coming. And I've explained this to a lot of customers, it's really difficult what they're trying to do and trying to provide that in a simple way, and so I can appreciate why it's taken so long.

Steven Kounnas (00:41:12):
But I'm sure anyone that's gone through this technology before, you scanned a beautiful space because it captures what... How it captures sometimes the roof isn't exactly how you want it to see. So to be able to kind of put one of those trimming marks on top of it and cleaning up your model for any presentation is going to be so useful. But it is really difficult. I'm explaining it quite simply.

Steven Kounnas (00:41:30):
It makes it sound easy, but you're working with a 3D mesh in a 2D format and then making it accessible and easy for everyone to use. I can understand the complexities, but really good to hear that it's coming out. So amazing work in the Matterport side of things there, Bruce. Let's dive into a couple questions. One straight out of the bat, which I think we all knew was coming, and this one is directed for you, Bruce, is there a Pro3 coming up?

Bruce Wells (00:41:54):
Yeah. And I'm sorry. I meant to preempt the question because I know it was coming. The quick answer is, as everybody knows and can see from my presentation, we are a technology company. We are continuing to innovate and develop new feature functionality capability.

Bruce Wells (00:42:10):
But I can tell you, we do not have plans to release a Pro3 this year or the next generation camera. Lots of new things in the pipeline, as I shared with you here. We will continue to drive new innovations, but that's not in the pipeline for this year.

Steven Kounnas (00:42:29):
Awesome. Thank you for that. It makes complete sense. A lot of the work is going into the technology, like the trimming tool, for instance, where the technology that we're providing 4K imagery on a sphere and what were... the Davos house views and everything else that's been provided by Matterport is still global leading.

Steven Kounnas (00:42:43):
And so the focus on the technology to make that even better from the software point of view, I think is a really good task for the time being. There's another question here open to both of you, whoever would like to jump in. But it's around giving an example of how you could potentially use Matterport for a home renovation project. Amy, would you like to try and cover that one?

Amy Valentine (00:43:02):
Yeah. Sure. I've definitely seen Matterport used in that situation. So it's particularly good faith basically generating timestamped versions of each stage of the innovation process. So you capture it one month in, and then two months in, and so on and so forth, and also using our CAPTUR3D overlay, you can create a menu bar, so you can just send the singular link onto your client as well.

Amy Valentine (00:43:28):
And they can just switch between each version really easily. So that's one incredible due space for Matterport to use, absolutely, particularly because you do have the measurement capability and even floor plan, if that would be useful for you at that stage. I don't know if there anything else you'd add.

Bruce Wells (00:43:48):
Yeah. I'd add that... So I fully agree, and I think the other use cases are that initial upfront scan. So you're planning to do a renovation, capture that. If you're using an architect or a design studio, and they want to actually put that into AutoCAD or into a design software, through a MatterPak, you can extract those 3D data assets and actually accelerate that process.

Bruce Wells (00:44:12):
The other side I've seen is because, again, you have a level of dimensional accuracy that's provided, if you need to get vendors to provide quotes on the painting, or carpeting, or whatever you may be, no need to do onsite visits. Some phases charge for that visit. Now you can say, "Well, take a look at this link. You can see all the measurements."

Bruce Wells (00:44:33):
You could add them in advance, so they don't actually have to do it themselves. So I've seen just efficiencies being added into that ecosystem that way. And then the last one I would just add is at the end of the project, capturing it so you have kind of a before and after. This could be used for your marketing, so what you've done in terms of the uplift of the project, if you are in that design side.

Steven Kounnas (00:44:56):
Awesome. You also answered the follow on question there as well from the same person, Ellen Donnelly. So thank you for sending that through, Alan. It was around using its tech measures, for example, refitting the bathrooms. So just in quick summary, in preparation for the renovation, you can scan it, put it into AutoCAD, give it to your architects. They can use that. Correct me if I'm wrong, 99.6% accurate.

Bruce Wells (00:45:19):
Yeah. I see it at 99%, but there's the quality of your scan and the number of scan points will influence that. But there are some best practice guides on our... about how to get the most out of that accuracy. But that's kind of the ballpark you're in.

Steven Kounnas (00:45:37):
Yeah. So getting ready for before the renovation and as the renovation goes through, having those progress reports as Amy was talking about. And that also transcends renovations, but anything commercial based or anything that you're changing. Really good as insurance process as well.

Steven Kounnas (00:45:49):
You can see where things are going through that process in itself. I'll let us know if there's any follow on questions, then we can come back to it as well. Anton just asking for a repeat of the bonus deal. Amy, do you just want to give that again just for this once.

Amy Valentine (00:46:07):
Absolutely. So we've got $1,000 off the camera, so it's $4,000... No, I'm blanking every time I go to say it, but $1,000 off. I'll put it in the chat and I'll message it. So $5,495 plus GST. And then we've also got the free tripod and free hard case for the first 10 people who put in their order as well, which is valued at $855 plus GST, Australian.

Amy Valentine (00:46:35):
So that's all Australian dollar, by the way. I didn't mention that. And free shipping anywhere within Australia as well. So if you're a New Zealand client, then there is a FedEx charge of $400, which is unfortunately unavoidable. But you don't have to pay the Australian GST.

Steven Kounnas (00:46:55):
Awesome. Thanks, Amy. And it's worth iterating because I can say that we've got a few international customers. We are the distributor for Matterport in Australia and New Zealand. So this deal is for this region. We are technically six hours ahead of the actual Matterport 10-year anniversary, and I know the Matterport have an announcement tomorrow which I'm sure would be something similar.

Steven Kounnas (00:47:17):
I can't say that for sure. We kind of work this one together with Bruce and his team. So this is for Australia and New Zealand for that opportunity. But if you're interested in getting contact, we can pass you on to Matterport when the time comes anyway, as it comes through. Dean Sholly, welcome back. Dane is from New Zealand. Good to see you back in the chat. He's asking if there's going to be any improvements for larger projects from the code side from Matterport.

Steven Kounnas (00:47:41):
Interestingly enough, I was going through some of the larger projects that we've been working on, and I know that 2016, we scanned that Ikea. And then at that time we had to break it up into a couple parts because it was too big to plan in a computer, but now it works completely fine. So now that work is happening there. But is there any updates from your side, Bruce, in terms of large scale projects being optimized?

Bruce Wells (00:47:59):
Yeah. So some of it's kind of behind the scenes and you may not already realize it, but we are processing more larger and larger spaces. I mean, some of the illustrations and examples I gave are testimonies to that. So we're continuing to be able to support larger spaces. As everybody probably knows, there are different areas where there's limitations.

Bruce Wells (00:48:20):
The big thing is make sure you have enough memory, RAM and hard disc space on your iPad or Android device. That's one of the elements, there's a limitation. There's obviously the processing side. But as we're moving into bigger commercial, industrial manufacturing sites, we are creating the ability to do larger spaces, and we'll continue on that path.

Bruce Wells (00:48:47):
It's hard to be very specific because it's not about the size, it's about the amount of data. So if you had a 200,000 square foot empty warehouse, you may be able to capture that in one space, but if it was full of content, it may struggle to do that because it's about the data that's captured, not the area.

Steven Kounnas (00:49:05):
Thank you, Bruce. And by the way, as we're answering these questions, feel free to get back to the chat to let us know if you want any more information. I can see the questions flowing in here. And so we'll endeavor to get through as many as possible as we can. Sebastian, I'll quickly take this one for you asking you about the gifts and the short and long intros that are generated automatically from Matterport.

Steven Kounnas (00:49:21):
And you're asking if you'll be able to select those in the near future. The reason why they're offered for free and automatic is because they're computer generated. And they're able to be created really quickly and obviously for free because there's no human interaction, and that's why it becomes a little bit more inaccessible.

Steven Kounnas (00:49:37):
But there are features and third party providers and partners that are using the SDK and API that Bruce was talking about to automate these videos. And I know there's some features in the SDK that are available and there will be providers creating services around this.

Steven Kounnas (00:49:51):
And also if you weren't aware, there's an amazing company, we're not getting credit for this, but MatterVids, they create really good Matterport videos, sorry, videos from your Matterport tours as well. Check them out, an American-based company, I believe. Maybe Canadian. You're not going to lock me up for not getting that right. I'm pretty sure they're American.

Bruce Wells (00:50:08):
North American.

Steven Kounnas (00:50:11):
North American. Thank you, Bruce. [inaudible 00:50:12]. A similar follow-up question that gets to what you're talking about there, Bruce, around the new developments, the features that are being created that you're talking about, I think you need more to work best with the Pro2 rather than the 360. Does this come back to, I guess, the data that's being captured that you're talking about or is it slightly different?

Bruce Wells (00:50:29):
Well, that's probably a bigger question to answer. I mean, our strategy continues to be around this, what we call capture ubiquity, so supporting multiple cameras. Each one has a different use case. I don't know if any of you tried using the iPhone, especially iPhone 12 pro with LIDAR. On a tripod, it really can create some incredible scans with it.

Bruce Wells (00:50:53):
But you're not going to do a larger property with that. So it's kind of a horses for courses. So I'm not sure if I'm answering the question, but I would say that our strategy doesn't change. We are looking at creating more value across a variety of different CAPTUR3D devices, but certainly, the Pro2 still stands on its own as one of the most cost-effective true 3D cameras in the market, if not the most cost-effective.

Bruce Wells (00:51:22):
And I think that's important because it is capturing in both three-dimension as well as it's capturing high resolution imagery. So you will get a superior output because of the hardware technology that's used in capturing that space.

Steven Kounnas (00:51:36):
Perfect. Awesome. I think that answers it clearly. Again, if you'd like any more information, just let us know in the chat and we'll come back to it. Amy, this one has been directed to you from Philippa Walsh. Unsure how tenants could use this. If you could answer this now or I could speak to Amy later.

Steven Kounnas (00:51:52):
Great opportunity for answering it now. I'm assuming this is in regards to the tour and potentially the notes. Correct me if I'm wrong here, Philippa, but Amy, how would you say tenants are making use of the Matterport tour and potentially the notes feature that Philippa is talking about?

Amy Valentine (00:52:05):
Yeah. Absolutely. Hey, Philippa. So I think the best use case for tenants in particular being able to view the Matterport tour is things like integrating Mattertags, sorry, integrating information about appliances. So the air conditioner and any of the legal documentations that you might've signed with them. All of those things can be put into Mattertags into the Matterport tour, which your tenant can then view and refer back to.

(Continued below...)
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
(Continued from above)
---
Amy Valentine (00:52:36):
This is, of course, if you're keeping your space active. And so I saw one of the questions there from Kingsley, I'll answer quickly. It's kind of on the same path of a space equaling one 3D scanned room, it's actually the entire building. So as soon as you hit upload, that's when it will count as a singular space. So if you are keeping your spaces active, then you'd be able to do that with those, and same thing with the notes, you'd be able to communicate all within the space.

Amy Valentine (00:53:07):
So something I could see the notes being used for as if there was damage that maybe was not mentioned in the past. And you would be able to let your tenant place notes and give you any additional information straight into your Matterport virtual tour so that you don't have to go back on site. Those are a couple of the use cases. Mostly I see the property management side, it is more of an internal use and less so for tenants, to be honest.

Amy Valentine (00:53:38):
I still think there's a use case there, absolutely. It's just that you do have to keep it active for the tenant to be able to get in there. And that usually is not the way I see most of my property managers using their Matterport tours in keeping them all active. But I don't know if there's anything you'd want to add to that, Steve or Bruce.

Steven Kounnas (00:53:55):
I doubt it. You summarized the point that I made at the beginning, the internal Matterport expert questions [inaudible 00:54:03]. There's a question here. I know we covered this in the last webinar, Bruce, but it might be good to get an update on this around support, Matterport support outside of the U.S. I know we covered it, but an update would be great.

Bruce Wells (00:54:16):
Yeah. I saw that. Thank you. So actually, we do have a support outside the U.S. Our current coverage is we have a team in the EMEA region out of the UK. And so there is overlap with that. We do have now support numbers in APAC and we're building out that team.

Bruce Wells (00:54:37):
So I guess it's continued to be a work in progress. It's a big priority because obviously we're now expanding quite aggressively across the Asia Pacific time zones, and it's work in progress, but coming quick, I guess, is what I would say. Coming very quick.

Steven Kounnas (00:54:57):
Yeah. Beautiful. And again, another benefit from purchasing through a VAR and there's, correct me if I'm wrong, there's so many VARs globally now in different regions of the world is that you do have a local support individual. We obviously can't help with a broken or damaged cameras, that will always need to go back to head office, but with any general questions, we here to help, our team, me and Amy, to assist with most of the questions that you provide.

Steven Kounnas (00:55:21):
And then what we usually do as if it's beyond where we're able to assist, then we'll pass you into the Matterport support team. But you most likely will have a local VAR depending on where you are located in this part of the world.

Bruce Wells (00:55:33):
Yeah. Great point, Steven. Thank you. We now have 11 VAR in Asia Pacific. That's expanding to probably 15 by the end of next month. And that footprint will continue to grow. So thanks for pointing that out.

Steven Kounnas (00:55:47):
And another shout out to another awesome company doing amazing things. Sam, thanks for reminding me of this. I know that you used them recently, but MatterFix, a company out of the U.S. who are repairing Matterport cameras which are outside of warranties. So obviously, you have your one-year warranties when you purchase a Matterport camera.

Steven Kounnas (00:56:05):
We can discuss how we can kind of resolve that and provide you learner cameras and everything else around it. But outside of that process, speak to MatterFix. They've got a Matterport... not Matterport page, a Facebook page, and a website that will allow you to kind of book in your repairs of the camera, and I know a few customers that have used them. Almost all of them have been from dropping a camera down the staircases.

Steven Kounnas (00:56:26):
So be aware if anyone new coming into the industry. Two legs at the bottom of the stair and one leg at the top, always in a forward slightly so it doesn't fall back. But if it does, there are companies out there that can assist you in fixing that up as well. Obviously, a good shout out there, Sam. Thank you very much. Question in from Andrew Rigby, it's two sides of the question around digital twins.

Steven Kounnas (00:56:44):
Are the current model... Sorry. "The digital twins results in lots of active models that need to be remained active. The current hosting model fits well with traditional real estate users, where you have small number of spaces active at any one time, but it becomes prohibitive when you have a large number of spaces continually active. Are there any plans for different style of charging to suit this use case?"

Steven Kounnas (00:57:05):
I just want to pass to you, Bruce, but before I do, just quickly in summary. So digital twin side of things in real estate, obviously you've got a living model of this space. People need to communicate on it. You might be having live IOT. You might be doing a whole bunch of things with it. So it needs to remain active for a long period of time.

Steven Kounnas (00:57:19):
And the current use case around active models with the subscriptions with Matterport, $2,500, $5,000, a couple of hundred, and then into your enterprise limits. I should know the exact numbers on that. I'm sorry, but it's around there. Before I pass it on to you, Bruce, there are two sides to this. So the current spaces are in their bundles and you will have the ability.

Steven Kounnas (00:57:40):
And if you're doing large numbers, the enterprise opportunities do really bring down the cost per space. But what we've been seeing with a lot of our customers that are in this area is that it's actually more of a business opportunity or a revenue opportunity to have recurring revenue from your clients or passive income rather than these one-off scans. And so building in a annual or monthly licensing fee for the individuals that are using it, it could be quite minute, but it will cover the cost.

Steven Kounnas (00:58:05):
Then you build this up over time. If you have 1,000 models that are paying a few dollars a month, all of a sudden you've got this really nice passive income coming through, even in some cases, reducing your scan costs and then providing that as an opportunity. This is just something to think about. But, Bruce, over to you in terms of the pricing side of things with the plans, if there was anything to update there.

Bruce Wells (00:58:24):
Yeah. I guess two things. One is there are economies of scale. So as we're getting into clients that have tens of thousands of spaces, there are really exciting economies of scale that kick in when you get into the enterprise space. I was going to what you did, which is, I think there's an opportunity, there's value.

Bruce Wells (00:58:43):
If those spaces need to be active, that means you're probably providing some sort of value for your end customer or there's value into the business. And when you look at the itemized costs, it is just a couple of dollars a month. I know when you multiply that times a large amount, it can seem like a larger amount, but again, it goes back to what's the value that you're unlocking for the end customer.

Bruce Wells (00:59:05):
The last thing I would add is even with the developer tools, there is a programmatic way to control and toggle spaces being active and not. So if you really have a large number, and that's becoming problematic for the business, there may be technical ways to create the optimal management there.

Steven Kounnas (00:59:28):
Yeah. Awesome. I guess there's an assumption here as well. If you've got a lot of scans, firstly, it's a good problem to have, and then kind of figuring out how you want to manage that problem is the next step to make it an advantage of where you're going. It also feeds in... Sorry, that was Andrew Wrigley's question. It also feeds into Michael Petrus's question very similarly just around spaces.

Steven Kounnas (00:59:47):
Will it be possible for an account to have a single Pro2 space so that a client can own their own model outright. This is definitely another use case for it. So being able to scan it, and get the client to set up their own Matterport account and then transfer that model across to them. Just noting that you no longer have the ownership of that model though.

Steven Kounnas (01:00:05):
So take that into consideration when you're creating this process. But I know that this is becoming more and more common where you've got regular customers. Let's say you're an MSP and you service 20 different real estate agents or different brokerages, each one of them could have their own accounts that you scanned for and upload it to their account, so they just take care of the subscription side of things.

Steven Kounnas (01:00:25):
So that's definitely possible at the moment, Michael. Couple more questions here. I know we're running close to the one o'clock time. I appreciate you're probably very busy. We love answering questions and being here and being helpful. So we're going to stay on for a little bit longer and answer a few more questions that are sitting here, but for those of you who do need to run off, I do appreciate that it is a busy time of day.

Steven Kounnas (01:00:47):
We're hoping to catch her on the lunchtime side of things. Again, we will be providing the recorded session of this afterwards in the next 24 hours. There will be an ADM straight after this around the promotion that we're running, which is almost $2,000 worth of value for 24 hours as well. I just need to reiterate that.

Steven Kounnas (01:01:03):
It's a 24-hour SNAP sale, flash sale, I think they're called. But there will be residual opportunities outside of that as well with the larger Matterport global side of things in those pieces. And please join the user groups, Matterport official user group, CAPTUR3D community group, and the SCANN pages, and we'll feed all of this information into there over the coming hours and days as well.

Steven Kounnas (01:01:26):
So thank you if you need to leave, but we'll continue to answer some of these last questions because there are some really good questions here. And apologies, Bruce. I did ask if you've got time, but I assume you have, so you're stuck with this now for the next 10 to 15 minutes.

Bruce Wells (01:01:35):
I do now.

Steven Kounnas (01:01:36):
A question from Sam. "When can we show the inside of cupboards?" This is more of a scanning practicality question. Amy, would you like to cover this one?

Amy Valentine (01:01:49):
Yeah. Definitely. This is another really good one for property managers in particular. I find the best way to capture inside cupboards is scan the entire room as you normally would is best practice. A lot of us know, some of us might not, one either side of the doorframe and then one in every corner of the room. If it's a larger room, you might want to add a couple of extra ones in between this corner scan.

Amy Valentine (01:02:14):
I would recommend doing that and then going through opening the cupboards and taking stands with those open. And you can change the heights and things like that as well, so that you can really get in there and actually see all of the details of that internal cupboard. The reason for scanning the entire room first is just something I've seen in my experience is if you don't do it this way, the camera does build the 3D data of that space as it's capturing the first time through.

Amy Valentine (01:02:47):
So you'll just end up with little bits of clipping of that mesh which just can look a little bit off, or it might mean that you might not be able to click in a particular location. Particularly, I've seen this with doors. When you are scanning around a room with that door closed and then you try to go into that room and you simply cannot navigate through that door because it's already built up that 3D data as though the door is closed.

Amy Valentine (01:03:14):
So that's the way I would recommend doing that. And then adding Mattertags as well. If you forget to scan it, you can take additional photos with your phone or get your tenant to send them with everyone moved in, or the landlord, and you're going to attach them via Mattertag as well, as I understand that those things can happen sometimes too.

Steven Kounnas (01:03:33):
Awesome. I couldn't agree more. And I think with a couple of the... So the notes feature potentially being released by Matterport and also our custom tags feature in CAPTUR3D, you could denote it with a custom tag and then even have a note section. So over time, you can see how the deterioration of a certain area of the property is tracking as well. Hopefully, that answers your question, Sam.

Steven Kounnas (01:03:54):
The secondary one, I answered in the chat during the webinar was around external drone. You'll find, or what we've found is a lot of MSPs also work or provide other services, be it photography, drones, and a few other pieces within their arsenal. And so it comes up a lot around how you can include a drone imagery or any imagery for that matter. At the moment, the best way to do it is through a Mattertag and linking to that image.

Steven Kounnas (01:04:21):
We've got a really exciting feature coming out in the next month or so, I'd say a couple months from CAPTUR3D, where we're redoing our overlay completely. And so many systems are going to be updated. The ability to link in aerial footages through the tour seamlessly mobile and web accessibility is going to be really important on that.

Steven Kounnas (01:04:41):
Having photo libraries as well. If you do multiple spaces and you need to link to multiple 360 images, you'll understand in Matterport, you need to add those 360 images to each one. With this new feature, you'll be able to add libraries of content or albums of content to each feature as well.

Steven Kounnas (01:04:56):
So there's some really exciting features coming to solve that problem, Sam. So thank you for bringing that up. Kingsley, interesting question. "So what is the format of the 3D scans or can we extract them without using Matterport software?" Bruce, I'll pass this one over to you. You're on mute, Bruce.

Bruce Wells (01:05:17):
Sorry. I thought we were going to get through one webinar without that comment coming up. Actually I was just hitting the response to that in the Q and A. So the 3D data assets are in a L, B, J and an X, Y, Z. They can be then extracted, again, using the MatterPak. And then that can go into, again, design software ReCap, and then into Reddit, SketchUp, things of that nature. Sorry I was typing the responses you were asking. So I think I've covered it twice.

Steven Kounnas (01:05:51):
No. It was perfect. [crosstalk 01:05:51] constructing it after it's in it. And for complete clarity, you can't use the Matterport technology without using the Matterport technology. So if you're using the camera, the point-and-shoots, the iPhone, whatever it is you're using to capture with Matterport software, you do need to upload it to Matterport because that's where the magic happens, the post production and the processing into a really usable tour.

Steven Kounnas (01:06:10):
It's where a lot of the smarts are. You'll see a lot of other providers out there that the experiences will be clunky or look quite optimized, and it's because of the amazing technology that Matterport provide in that compression and optimization is that output. But once you have that output, you can extract the OBJ and then utilize that in different formats.

Steven Kounnas (01:06:28):
I can also say, Bruce, that you've answered some of Skeeter's questions around the Pro2 and theater. So thank you very much. It was around what happens when you are using both and in conjunction and how you can optimize that. And so for reference, Bruce, you're saying 360 were stitched together with the 190 photos and you can read the photos. Is that correct?

Bruce Wells (01:06:48):
Yeah. Sorry. So there's two questions I think from Skeeter in there. One is you can use multiple cameras within a single space. All you do is just disconnect from... say you're on the Pro2, disconnect and then connect into a 360. And then in that situation, I think it's where you can sometimes get photo alignment errors when you're scanning too close to an object. The 360 cameras don't have that because you've got basically two photos only. So I think there were two questions in there, and I've been trying to answer one.

Steven Kounnas (01:07:20):
Yeah. And now them both. I appreciate it. This is an interesting one. At least we might need a little bit more information, but will Matterport ever have an order correct for verticals? Are you talking about the spherical images that are sometimes on a slant? Or hat verticals? Or is this more for what we're talking about with masking potentially before?

Steven Kounnas (01:07:39):
So the top of the building, and the bottom, and the sides, because it looked an image that Bruce showed that you will be able to do verticals on that. But I could be misreading this question. I prefer to put some extra comments in there, Liz, if I'm getting this wrong. Well, we'll wait. There's another question here for the notes side of things for yourself, Bruce. John, can we have a timeframe on notes? Yesterday would be good, but what's your opinion on [crosstalk 01:08:06].

Bruce Wells (01:08:07):
Tomorrow.

Steven Kounnas (01:08:07):
Yeah. That'd be great.

Bruce Wells (01:08:12):
I don't honestly. I got this from our product team. So this is all in development, but it's coming. I think we're right now, if I'm not mistaken, there's a private beta. So that's coming again soon. I know soon doesn't tell you what you need. That's about the best I can do right now. [crosstalk 01:08:36].

Steven Kounnas (01:08:36):
Not exact timelines. So I appreciate your proposal will be coming in a few months.

Bruce Wells (01:08:40):
But I guess I would take... You guys who have been using Matterport for a number of years, especially in the last 18 months, you see the frequency in which we're releasing new capabilities. So there's a continuous roadmap and continuous development stream, and these are the ones that are kind of at the pointy end of that process.

Steven Kounnas (01:08:58):
Perfect. Coming back to Liz's question. So across the horizon, correct, when viewing. So if your sphere is off when you're capturing, the sphere is going to be off in the end result, Matterport do do some automatic adjustment to bring it back into alignment. But it's only to a certain extent. I guess the question is more around uneven surfaces potentially, or if your camera was off the entire tour it would have a diminishing effect.

Steven Kounnas (01:09:30):
It's an interesting feature. I guess it's something that you could bring up with the developers at Matterport through the support channels, around having a ability to kind of rotate the sphere in post. I know that would be pretty difficult to do, but not impossible by any stretch of the imagination. And similar to the trim tools. It would be one of those things once they get enough demand for a request, it would probably be when they could look into kind of updating or providing something.

Steven Kounnas (01:09:54):
But also, I wouldn't be surprised if a third party provider would start potentially looking at something like that earlier. I know that you can pull out panoramas, edit them or change them, and then put it back in as well. So in that process, you could probably have a system that would assist in doing that.

Steven Kounnas (01:10:10):
Let me know if I didn't answer that question correctly, Liz. Hopefully I did. Coming towards the end, David, we answered the question on spaces around long-term costs and things like that. So hopefully that does answer your question. "Will it ever be possible to download higher resolution panoramas?" From John. Bruce, any comments on that?

Bruce Wells (01:10:36):
I don't know. That's another one I'll have to go back and find out.

Steven Kounnas (01:10:43):
Beautiful. We'll follow up with some of the answers that we can't have answers to. Wells, between us, we've probably got close to 15, 20 years in this industry. We never have the answers to everything. That's why we run webinars to learn more as well. So we'll be able to get back to you on some of these questions that we don't have answers to, but thank you for the question, John.

Steven Kounnas (01:11:00):
I think the highest resolution you can download right now is 1080p potentially. So I think that's the extent. So when we're talking about 4K sphere capture, you're capturing it in four quadrangle, so it's a equal rectangular sphere. And so it would be one ADP in each quadrant to make the 4K. And so that's probably why that maximum extent is currently there.

Steven Kounnas (01:11:23):
But then you can use things like Photoshop and Lightroom to kind of touch that up, but I will come back with an exact answer for that. The highest res panoramas. So it seems to be a common occurrence. Let us come back to you. We don't have the exact answer for you now, but we can definitely come back to you on, Liz, for the gifts as well. They are generated.

Steven Kounnas (01:11:41):
So your question, Liz, around the lopsided imaging also comes down to the gifts. So if that panorama is off center, then the gifts that are automatically generated will also be capturing that because they're just moving through those imageries. One of the last ones he from Greg, "Any plans for uploading photos after they've been taken rather than through the Matterport app."

Steven Kounnas (01:12:05):
So this kind of goes back to what I was saying before the smarter in the Matterport app. And so it's really difficult to or, well, kind of defeats the purpose of using Matterport to be able to upload images to it. In saying that though there's so many different cameras and devices that you can now use all the way down from your phone. If you're new to Matterport, I recommend setting up a free account to upload a scan that you can create from your mobile phone.

Steven Kounnas (01:12:28):
It's super quick. We do them all the time for testing purposes, and the quality is amazing coming out of the phone for testing purposes. And then up through your 360 cameras, it feels like there's a whole suite of them and continually expanding it. Amy, Bruce, one of you guys want to list the cameras that are available in the 360 range? And then obviously the Pro2.

Bruce Wells (01:12:48):
Sure. I can take that one. Insta360 ONE X, ONE X2, ONE X2R, and the Ricoh Theta V, the Ricoh Theta Z1, and the Ricoh Theta SC2. If you are, by the way, going to use a iPhone to scan, I would highly recommend as I show you with my prop, put it on a tripod.

Bruce Wells (01:13:07):
You get so much better quality output. The human mistake of scanning this way, where you need to keep the camera still and rotate your body around the camera, not the camera around your body. So if you can get access to it, keep tripod, that's the way to go if you're going to play around with that.

Steven Kounnas (01:13:29):
Perfect. I think we have got to the long run of questions, which is great. I really appreciate everyone's participation. And for everyone sticking around, I know that you're all very busy. Some these questions, or all of these questions were amazing. Put us on our feet. And as you can see, we don't have answers to everything, which is a really good sign as well because it means that there's space to grow and learn. And the last one here, David, around the scaling for long-term spaces.

Steven Kounnas (01:13:54):
We answered that with the original question on other business model or potentially having your customer set up accounts. But it seems like it's a common topic as well. So maybe something that we can discuss in future webinars where we're focusing more on business models and operations in the near future as well. We will continue to... Oh, Bruce, go for it.

Bruce Wells (01:14:12):
Can I add one thing very quickly on the large spaces? The other option is they use the DeepMatter links. Take a Mattertag, link it to an exact scan spot in the next space. So from a virtual walkthrough, you have basically an uninterrupted move from one to the next.

Steven Kounnas (01:14:29):
Perfect. I appreciate it. Skoda Mahalo, thank you very much for joining us. For everyone, really appreciate your time this afternoon. We will be following up again with the webinar in the next 24 hours, if you want to re-listen to anything that's being provided here. I will endeavor to get back to any of the questions that we couldn't answer as well.

Steven Kounnas (01:14:48):
Feel free to email us at info@scann3d, S-C-A-N-N-3-D, .com.au with any of your questions, and we'll endeavor to get back to you with the correct answers. I will also be following up with the ADM outlining the opportunity for the next 24 hours SNAP sale, $1,000 off the camera. This is in Australian dollars, a hard case, and a tripod up for the first 10 people participating.

Steven Kounnas (01:15:09):
So get in quick. Again, I'd like to thank Amy for your amazing insights. Thank you very much for joining us. Bruce, as always, great to have you. Looking forward to the next session that we run. Of all of your panelists, sorry attendees, if there are any topics that you'd like us to cover in the future, we'd like to make these more regular, please let us know, and we'll try and curate a webinar and bring in the experts from that space as well.

Steven Kounnas (01:15:32):
And in the future, it would be nice to have a few of you present on potentially what you're doing in this space as well. We would love to hear from you. So thank you again for all of your time. Amy, Bruce, thank you. And we'll speak to you all soon.

# # # # #
Post 3 IP   flag post
101436 5 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?