Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Capture AppCapture App 4.xFast CaptureFast ScanningPro1

Fast Capture / Enable-Disable - no Longer in Capture app 4.315027

aerialpixels private msg quote post Address this user
MP Support just told me that Fast Capture enable/disable feature is no longer available on their app 4.3!

Thats terrible!

Fast capture only works in the best of conditions and often has misalignment in slightly poor conditions which normal capture will get nicely.

Anyone know how to downgrade to older version of capture app?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Unless you have some insights on how a pro2 captures I cannot see how speed of rotation is affecting alignment. From my understanding a camera measures and captures only when it stops.

I have seen some valid point towards slow rotation but only in terms of sitting on a very tall tripod.
Post 2 IP   flag post
aerialpixels private msg quote post Address this user
Yea I am using a Pro1.
physically the scans look different on ipad for pro1, with fast capture and without fast capture.
fast capture scans in the minimap show up as hexagonal point clouds, whereas they are fully circular with fast rotation turned off.

for sure though, with pro1, fast scans does give rise to higher chances of alignment errors.
its even in the online help documentation to say disable fast capture if we get alignment errors.
(so i wonder if this is only for pro1 cams)
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
Might be time to upgrade to Pro2
Post 4 IP   flag post
101637 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?