Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3DVistaDronegoogle earthHuginKuulaSkyviewVirtual Reality

Integrating Matterport into Drone Video/Creating Navigable Midair Reality14950

Benrk0385 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to create the following?

https://youtu.be/PZIttX5sxJs

I want to be able to give my clients the ability to navigate midair at a property. I am not sure if this is drone footage or google earth...but the user experience to me looks fantastic!
Post 1 IP   flag post
I forgot to make it clear I’m looking to create something very similar(if not better)than this experience outside of skyviews software.
Post 2 IP   flag post
ahojman private msg quote post Address this user
And which is the difficult part for you?
360 drone photo?
Post 3 IP   flag post
ukvisualimmersion private msg quote post Address this user
It looks like they are using either Kuula or Treedis. Both allow you to integrate matterport and drone footage as well as other content such as videos and downloadable content. I am currently producing something similar for a client, but struggling to get the drone 360 as the weather in the UK is very poor at the moment.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I am just trying to find software to create this experience. I really appreciate your reply. I hope the weather does well for you soon so you can reach success in your project.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@ukvisualimmersion, Remember in bad weather conditions you can use a long stick and edit it (I use Hugin+Gimp).
If you reach about 9 meters (30 feet) you will obtain a nice view.
I attach my pool filter stick and the extended stick from Osmo and it has about 7 meters long and you can add 1,5 meters more if you are tall.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Benrk0385 Is "Roundme" an option?

I cannot understadn clearly what "outside of skyviews software" means.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I was incorrect. Skyview is a service that creates/integrates virtual tours and drone photography. They do not offer services such as Kuula or Treedis. Thank you for correcting me.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Pau private msg quote post Address this user
3DVista
Post 9 IP   flag post
EaglePrecision private msg quote post Address this user
I've integrated ground & drone 360s in 3DVista for a tour looking similar to the video - not difficult. The more difficult challenge, which is only briefly shown in the video, is a rotating 360 3D model rendering of the building. I've linked virtual tours to a 3D model of a structure using Sketchfab annotations but, if you're just doing a video, you can splice the Sketchfab auto-rotation (or programmed other movement) of the model into the video.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Great info! Thank you so much. I am researching 3Dvista right now. Thank you so much
Post 11 IP   flag post
Does 3Dvista allow matterport integration?
Post 12 IP   flag post
I only use Matterport when it's absolutely required (i.e., seldom). There many other ways to get hosting with a floor plan and digital twin. 3DVista loads the drone & ground 360s and you use it's functions to build the tour.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Unfortunately I am stuck with matterport because of the camera I purchased. I found the following tour using Kuula,so there may be hope producing something similar to the YouTube video I posted above.

https://blog.kuula.co/real-estate-360-virtual-tours-add-drone-shots

I am researching right now if I can do something similar to the above through 3dVista. I will post what I find. Thank you for all the reply’s.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Ricoh Theta Z1 give you freedom!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Yeah I’ve come to that realization too.
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
To be honest it is not clear what you have now. Let's start with simple: do you have a 360 drone photo done for your client already or you will need to get one done by someone?

If you do it probably any online VT platform can create something similar to what your video shows. For them it is just one extra 360 node that can point to 360 photos or tours on the ground. Not all of them may allow to let you point to an eternal link.

http://threesixty.tours/ can do it for sure but I believe you will need a paid subscription with them.
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
I would suggest 3DVista. clickable text
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
@Benrk0385 you're not stuck with Matterport at all. You can download your 360° panoramas and import them into 100 plus different software programs and create what you want.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Thank you GETMYVR. I love Matterport tours and have a great idea for the best user experience. I just need to keep doing my research so I can find the right software program. I really appreciate your feedback.
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
I'm at the same place, trying to get what's in my head onto the screen. Endless possibilities.
Post 21 IP   flag post
I also meant to say I really like Kuula. I’ll be experimenting with that for a little while. YouTube has a good number of videos. Thanks again.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Yes endless possibilities. Glad I’m not the only one in that position.
Post 23 IP   flag post
This is something we are playing with on Kuula integrating Matterport. Obviously the sun wasn’t really shining 😂

https://kuula.co/post/7QZ50/collection/7Yn4p
Post 24 IP   flag post
Worth saying we have seriously upgraded our drones since this was taken
Post 25 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
I like it!
Post 26 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV Intro to 3DVista Virtual Tour Pro Software with Kevin Dole with Home3D.us in Los Angeles. | Thursday, 13 August 2020

--

3DVista Virtual Tour Pro Software

How to save $60 on 3DVista Virtual Tour Pro Software

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Benrk0385
I am researching right now if I can do something similar to the above through 3dVista. I will post what I find. Thank you for all the reply’s.

@Benrk0385

Los Angeles-based Home3D.us Kevin Dole (@Home3D) - a Matterport Service Provider that uses WP3D Models WordPress Plugin, Nodalview, drone - and other solutions for real estate photographers gives us an intro to 3DVista Virtual Tour Pro.

Transcript: WGAN-TV Intro to 3DVista Virtual Tour Pro Software for MSPs

Dan
Post 27 IP   flag post
Wow, that is great!
Post 28 IP   flag post
101726 28 28
This topic is archived. Start new topic?