Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Capture AppScans

Getting Caught in Scans1491

lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks @Digishotz for your post in the capture app wish list. I was caught in 3 scans yesterday and totally perplexed as to how that could have happened until I read your post.

I will now count to 1.2.3.4.5...
Post 1 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
I re-read the wish list. Someone want north to be up on the iPad screen. You can easily accomplish this by aiming the MP exactly east for the starting point of your first scan.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Yes, it's just a bit misleading to say "Ok to move the camera" when it isn't .. But you don't find out until later.
Post 3 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
I got caught in 2 scans yesterday too! First time it happens. I was able to delete one, but the second one was necessary for a good walk-through flow...

I'll definitely wait a bit more from now on.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I had to delete 3.. did make it more difficult to walk-through. grrr.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Columbia, MO
Showcas3D private msg quote post Address this user
I face the camera away from where i'll be walking up to it so that way when it's finished scanning, I can walk up to it, which will take a few seconds usually, without it looking at me
Post 6 IP   flag post
Guaranteed I'll do that and count to 5 going forward.
Post 7 IP   flag post
One more question: Is there a rule of thumb for disabling scans vs. deleting them? Especially when you have lots of scans to make the dollhouse look good but you didn't really need them all. [and the ones that caught me in them]

Thanks for the assist.
Post 8 IP   flag post
360Verbeelding private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, if you can"t hide just stay behind the camera and walk arround with the camera when it turns. Be aware of windows and other reflections. For the first position of the camera always point the front away from you. There is no real reason to start every scan in the same direction. If the space between two scans is within 5 feet then there are enough points to allign.

@lisahinson, as you delete they are lost and not visible in your floorplan/dollhouse. It leaves a small black gab. When you take a lot of scans the gabs are realy small and maybe they don't show op in your floorplan/dollhouse. Disabling is better, you keep all the data to make the floorplan/dollhouse look great and proffessional. It doesn't realy matter if you make a 100 scans and have to make 20 more to fill in the gabs. Its the beautifull end result that counts. I always take more scans then i need. Its the same as shooting video, if you need a 5 second shot please make it 10 seconds, the best things happen when you turn of your camera to soon. A missed shot can never be replaced.

Grtz Rene.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Thanks for your advice @360Verbeelding
Post 10 IP   flag post
360Verbeelding private msg quote post Address this user
Your welcome.
Post 11 IP   flag post
101432 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?