Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360 Videos3D ShowcaseCamerasDroneVideoVista Drone

Vista Drone by Door Rabitics ready to distribute drones14798

WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
[Editor's Note: The following news is from the VISTA Drone Kickstarter Page.]

IT'S HAPPENING! - Beta Units are headed out

VISTA Drone
April 30, 2021

The final Beta unit!
The Door Robotics team is shipping units today! The Vista Drone is finally ready to be shipped out to a select number of beta users close to our new headquarters in San Francisco. After months of hard work developing our machine learning algorithm, hardware components, and software services, our team is ready to move on to the next phase of development; beta user testing, tweaking, and manufacturing.

We will be posting our first unboxing promo video later today and testimonials from Beta Users next week! Stay tuned for more!

Updates on Hardware

The beta users will receive a fully functional 360 camera drone with an integrated sensor package (lidar, sonar, stereoscopic cameras, and optical flow sensor) with semi-autonomous capabilities. Door Robotics will release software updates for the full autonomous navigation software once it is properly tested. The beta users will get a prototype Vista Controller as well.

Beta - Ships April 30 - This version combines all of the functionality of Alpha 1 and Alpha 2 and looks and works like the finished Vista Drone will. This was completed at the end of March and ships today. The indoor navigation software will be offered as an update to upload onto the drone hardware. Beta users will have the option to trade in the prototype Vista Controller for the final controller
Manufacturing - Ships Late June - These units will be the fully resolved version of the Vista Drone with the Final Vista Controller included.
Delivery of Your Own Vista Drone - we will be delivering products in batches. Please keep an eye out for email correspondence from our team with updated delivery times for your order.
Autonomous Software Navigation - Ready for Download in July - The navigation software testing phase will end this summer! Be on the lookout for updates.
Updates on Software

The autonomous navigation software requires beta users using our drone in a variety of real estate properties. As such, the data gathering phase will begin in May. With that data, we can deliver much better technology that will allow all of our backers to use the drone for real estate content. For now, our beta users will still be able to manually fly the Vista and create stunning 360 content.

Our software platform is also almost complete, with access opening up first to backers. The platform will be launched alongside the final production.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
@VTLV any video promotion showing it in action? I cant read all of this the big words and all
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like Door Robotics took down the first Youtube video I had seen with the original prototype flying through a house when they got some funding. (the video quality was pretty rough)

I was thinking it's a good competitor to a Roomba with selfie stick and Theta on top. Figuring stairs, rugs, jerkiness of stop and go wouldn't allow for a smooth flow. Probably hides better than the shower curtain or barrel mechanism GeorgeK has been using when this comes to making 360 video.

After thinking about it over the months, there could be an issue of fan blades kicking up papers & dust into a video for occupied homes. A little harder to hide in mirrors than the theta. Could be a game changer to shooting large open spaces like a convention hall for multiple 360's. Set the thing to shoot up a row every so many feet and hide further away to spot check the thing. Feet would be thankful with less run and hide for each shot. I suppose this could be done now with point to point navigation using another drone that shoots 360 photos, not seeing any shooting 360 video.

Can't quite place how to offer 360 video beyond 20-30 second clips of 360 video using a fixed tripod in multiple locations all stitched together into one long video.

Was hoping to see the autonomous navigation software on this one by now.
Post 3 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
The drone movement is way to fast, but interesting none the less.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I agree that the idea to capture a 360 video from a drone indoors sounds really interesting but I sm not really sold on their specific drone. There is no much explanation on their website but they want $2400 for it. And at the same time "For now, our beta users will still be able to manually fly the Vista and create stunning 360 content". So you're kind of paying now $2400 for a promise.

I can do the same with a motorised robot platform running on a ground that will cost 3 times less and I can mount any camera on it. So the only good difference is that their drone can go above furniture and up to stairs, while a robotic platform running on a ground can only follow a path on a floor and will need assistance to move floors and steps.

As for the robot being visible I am talking about a 500(L)x300(W)x100(H)mm robot that a camera will see at nadir from 1.2-1.5m pole. It will create such a tiny spot that can easily be covered by a small nadir logo or a blur. The robot runs on Arduino and there are 1000s of extra electronic components and sensors including quite powerfull LiDARs that you can add for a really small cost to extent it to whatever you want.

And for now with youtube playing 360 you can get your 360 video in a virtual 360 video tour by just explaining tour viewers that they can just play the video on you tube while rotating a view and if needed they can just pause the video spend time exploring a still view of some spots and start playing it again to move further.
That's with none spend on developing software to play. However if you develop your own 360 video player it can be turn into a walkthrough with actual moving(transition) from one spot to another.

Now imagine how fast you will create a 360 video tour with it. In my house ground floor(90sqm) it will take no more than 2-3 minutes to move a robot through it while I can control it from behind a door with a remote control. I do not even need a special camera to see where I am going because a Pilot Era(for example) mounted on the robot gives me live view while it records.

And if you like 360 photos more than 360 video you can always strip frames from it using some special tool at any specific interval and you will get a bunch 360 photos covering one specific path through a property.

I am getting that robot anyway.. if not to develop some unique 360 video tour platform or just create a 360 video tour for youtube. I will start with just capturing 360 video and then see if I can extent it into something totally autonomous and develop my own software to play it or turn into a still 360 video tour.

BTW, look at this beauty at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTUj8dzQP34

I think we are just too focused on 360 photo tours while in fact most of us can do 360 video tours and spend no time in capturing a property.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
@DouglasMeyers the drone didnt do that it was poor video production
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Birmingham, Alabama
rko1 private msg quote post Address this user
We use DJI Minis with Prop guards to get flying through door, properties with high ceilings to get unique perspectives, anything special requiring smooth spin, height, etc. Works well, and good quality.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Birmingham, Alabama
rko1 private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry, add, plus it has cine mode to slow speed.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: Vtrus ABI Zero | Video courtesy of vtrus Inc. YouTube Channel | 10 April 2018

@VTLV

Thanks for posting!

Hi All,

A related WGAN Forum discussion from three years ago:

Indoor Scanning with a Drone + Ricoh Theta V

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: Skydio 3D Scan™ | Lunar Lander | Video courtesy of Skydio YouTube Channel | 13 May 2021

@VTLV

I could imagine that Skydio will offer a mode for 3D/360 scanning indoors: autonomously. Please see video above.

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
101637 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?