Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceMultiple FloorsRealtors

Scanning only part of a property1479

3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,

Have you ever had a realtor ask you to not scan part of a property because it is not as nice as the rest of it? In this case, the basement is unfinished, but the space is big and as a lot of potential. The realtor is new to Matterport and doesn't quite understand all the benefits of showing the whole property virtually to a potential buyer.
I explained that if only the good parts were shown, potential buyers that might have love the "partial" virtual tour, might be thrown off or disappointed once they visit the property in person.
It is so counter-productive to me, I'm even considering telling that realtor that it is either the whole property, or the scan is pointless... That might also show that realtor that it is not a matter of making a few more $$, since I would be ready to earn 0.

What do you guys think? Have you ever been in this situation?

Thanks in advance,
Matt
Post 1 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
It's worth showing the agent a model you already have that includes a basement or something else that isn't so attractive. Educate the client. Then do whatever he/she says to do.
Post 2 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
Thanks John. Unfortunately, I do not have a model like this yet. I did explain in serveral different ways why it is worth showing everything... in the end, like you said, the client decides. I have 4 other scans planned with this realtor, so I don't want to start conflicts
Post 3 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Why not scan it and explain to the agent if he does not like it you can turn that part of the model off in the show case. That would give you the opportunity to show him the value. If he really does not like it you can delete the scans and reprocess the model but it gives you a sample in your file to show others.

Ron
Post 4 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
I also thought of this, Ron... but if the realtor hears about it, that might have a more negative outcome than the benefits I'm trying to show.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I understand that, I would approach them first explain what your doing. I have explained to agents that we are trying a few different things on their model and have always had them open to it. I always keep them updated the only time I have had a negative impact and it has not been negative, is when there is not enough time. But most agents as long as they know what is going on have been open to it if they know that they will get what they want in the end. I also explain no additional cost and the potential. I have not had issues doing it this way plus it has developed a good working relation with a few agents.

Ron
Post 6 IP   flag post
Two years ago we approached agents with exterior scans, agents would tell us they did not think Matterport did exterior scans. I would approach it with the though and explained to agents we will try it if it does not work we turn it off. In a few cases we processed the model while there. We then would delete and or add scans as needed.
Post 7 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
Tell him that if he doesn't like how it turns out with the basement scanned, then you'll disable them to show it on the floor plan, but not let people navigate. If he still doesn't like it, duplicate the model, delete all the basement scans and trim accordingly to have the main level only, then reprocess.
Post 8 IP   flag post
frazier3d private msg quote post Address this user
What you could do is scan the basement so it shows up on the dollhouse view, but then disable those points from the walk through view.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Carlos worded it perfect if time allows.

I would shoot the basement if time allows. Do 5 scans in the basement like the 360 tour guys have been doing for the past 10 years. It's the lowest spot of the house toale your start spot. Move the tour upstairs and edit out the basement after the first upload.

Upload the tour with and without the edited out basement shots on mayterport. If you do it right, Matterport shouldn't count them as 2 billed uploads.

Offer your tour normally for what the agent paid for upstairs from the basement ( this is your 2nd upload). Then offer the opportunity to add the basement link the agent wasn't willing to get in a separate upload link ( this is your 1st upload). Only share the link the agent paid for, for the price ageed.

Dangle your first upload to the agent to offer the encentive to offer to show more of what's for sale downstairs if they like what they see in your upstairs tour not showing the basement as a plus.

The agent can now demand proof of funds or loan approval to show more about the propertydown below.

You could now demand more $ at the close of sale or a better a deal for the next shoot or withdraw the 1st link if the agent doesn't push the greatness of your offer on the basement link. Some agents are lazy. The 1st link is in your hands, kind of like randsome

But you now have a product now to push for your next sale of showing basements for experience to advertise.
Post 10 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
So, the co-listing realtor was there along with the seller. I subtly explained again to both of them why it is important to show the whole property. They both agreed it was better to show it. I had the co-listing realtor call his fellow realtor to tell him we were doing the basement, and the seller was in favor of that...
I think it's a good ending.

thanks everyone for the great advice/options!
Post 11 IP   flag post
101429 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?