Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
iGuideiGUIDE PLANIXMatterportVersus

iGuide Stitching / Alignment versus Matterport14663

dansoto private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all,

I'm putting together a feature/process comparison for my company comparing iGuide/Planix to Matterport. We are about 99% convinced that iGuide is the way forward. I've spent time on the phone with their sales teams but need to fill in a few real world-experience questions before I give my final push.

1) How does iGuide handle alignments after each scan compared to the Matterport Capture app? Do you still have the occasional "no alignment" issues with problematic areas? Are they handled better or worse than Matterport? Or is all of this handled when it's processed overnight and I have no clue what I'm talking about?

2) How is the final stitched result compared to Matterport?

Thanks in advance.
Post 1 IP   flag post
ProGuideMedia private msg quote post Address this user
1) it's different then MP. I have both, and I get really frustrated with MP. iGuide, doesn't even have to alight since you can do it on the computer when you upload. However, it's best to do it on location, and if it goes off, you can just move it to the right spot.

I have a lot of clients that get in the way, either signing papers, or cleaning, or whatever. I can start upstairs, jump to downstairs, and then hit the main floor. No way I can do that with MP.

2)iGuides is WAY more reliable. However, MP does have the WOW factor. But if you are shooting for a realtor who wants to sell, the iGuide has all the marketing tools at their fingertips. MP wins when it comes to speed for processing, hands down. However, the final product of the iguide is much more practical.
Post 2 IP   flag post
dansoto private msg quote post Address this user
@ProGuideMedia Thanks for the response.

As for aligning, what do you mean that iGuide doesn't have to align? Is this a manual process we have to do on our own instead of letting the app do it (like MP's Capture)?

As for WOW factor, I get it. We have both MP2 Pro cameras and Z1s and there's no comparison, however, our primary use doesn't really benefit from the quality of the MP2 and Z1's are our goto camera and perfect for us.
Post 3 IP   flag post
101432 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?