Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Insta360 ONE RInsta360 ONE X2OverheatingTips

Insta360 One R Overheating14617

DougMagners private msg quote post Address this user
Since my line of work needs to be fast and I don't need marketing level of quality images, I decided last minute to make the jump to doing Matterport with an Insta360 One R for a job I did today.

I got everything up and running last night, seemed great, then got on site today and about 20 minutes into the job, the camera just shut off and would not turn on, even though right before this I had checked the levels and it had 80% battery left.

After much panic and frustration, I determined that the mounting bracket that comes with the camera is too restricting and caused the camera to overheat! Thankfully I had watched a great video on youtube by Joseph Kim (shoutout if you're on this forum!) And he had recommended a different type of bracket that just clamps to the camera.

He suggested this for stability purposes, but it turns out it's also perfect for preventing the camera from overheating!

I swapped brackets out (initially I didn't think it would be that big of a deal so I had just started with the bracket that came with the camera), and after swapping them, the camera worked great with no more heating issues and I was able to keep "scanning" for a long time! Now I just have to wait to see how the tour turns out!

So if you move to Insta360 One R, do yourself a favor and watch Joseph Kim's video and get that different bracket!

Good luck!

Best,
Doug
Post 1 IP   flag post
Swinc20022002 private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know if the 360 X2 has the same issues of over heating?
Post 2 IP   flag post
101429 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?