Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360AdviceCapture AppCupixNewbies

Any offline virtual tour software like Matterport/Cupix with automatic mode14615

peanutismint private msg quote post Address this user
I'm looking to make virtual tours using 360 photos/photogrammetry like Matterport/Cupix, but don't want a 'pay monthly' service. I want to generate and host the tours myself without paying someone else for hosting.

I'd also like a feature that can automatically generate a virtual tour based on the photos I input or the GPS coordinates associated with each picture, i.e. turning flat photos into a 'scanned' virtual tour.

Does anything like this exist? I know both Matterport and Cupix can create these kind of tours automatically without me having to sit and link each photo together to form a layour of a house, so what's a good 'offline' version of this kind of software? Ideally for Mac but also Windows would work at a push....
Post 1 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Unfortunately this does not exist yet (as far as I know).

Self-hosted 360 solutions with dollhouse only exist with krpano and the everpano plugin. Or with 3D engines like blender with this plugin or probably also with unreal engine.

3Dvista will probably also release a dollhouse solution with the next update which I expect in May 2021.

If you know how to code then Blender and maybe Krpano for a quick start is the way to go.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Have a look at this article about Polycam app that should work with Iphone/Ipad pro lidar.
It looks quite impressive coming quite clear with a good render from IOS lidar scanning and Sketchfab.

They have some kind of hotspots in the model with text. If you can link text it may as well possible to link a panorama. Now if 3DVista or Pano2VR lets you add a sketchfab model into a tour you may use it as a dollhouse.

The only thing it may be time consuming and may even crash the app if you need to create something like this for a whole house.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
BTW, here is an article on Forbes about it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV: Intro to Metareal Stage Virtual Tour Platform Demo/Discussion | Wednesday, 25 March 2020

(Credit: WeChalet/Le Vertendre)

@peanutismint

This WGAN curated list may be helpful for your research:

WGAN List of 170+ 3D/360º Virtual Tour Hosting Platforms/Software

For example, you might check out Metareal Stage 3D virtual tour transitions.

Transcript: WGAN-TV Intro to Metareal Stage 3D Virtual Tour Platform (Demo)

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
101438 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?