Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360Business PlanEINHow ToNewbiesSales Tax

Business License in New Jersey14591

Leon11 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello Everyone,

I’ve been doing a bit of research on how to abide by the law. I understand so far that 3D tours are currently sales tax excluded in NJ since they are digital.

But I am unsure if I need a business license with a separate EIN number and bank account for what I do.

Do any of you have any knowledge in this before I give my city a call?

Thank You
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
Register a DBA with your county Business office, at least to secure your business name and make sure you're not using somebody else's. Your EIN is your SSN as a sole proprietor. To cover yourself and add integrity, a simple photography liability insurance plan is about 30 bucks a month, mine is $2 million in coverage through Hiscox. When you get the notarized business license back you can get paid in your name or the business name no problem. I'm in NY, could differ elsewhere, but this is a good basic simple business setup.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Morristown, New Jersey
foxwrth13 private msg quote post Address this user
Where in NJ are you?
Post 3 IP   flag post
@getmyvr, thank you for the quick response! Going to look into that!

@foxwrth13, I’m in north Jersey, Passaic county. Are you from Jersey too?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Morristown, New Jersey
Morris County
Post 5 IP   flag post
@foxwrth13, cool, we’re neighbors! Did you do something similar to what was described above or did you do something different, if you don’t mind me asking?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Morristown, New Jersey
I had an existing business. I plan to rebrand the virtual tour one though
Post 7 IP   flag post
That’s interesting, I vaguely understand this concept. I’ve got a lot to learn. Is it an existing business that was related and virtual tours is an extension of it?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Morristown, New Jersey
I have a web design company and am a realtor. I did 3dvista tours years ago. Got back into when matterport came out
Post 9 IP   flag post
That’s great! They all intermingle in some way. Definitely a good reason to get back in, still growing in the area.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Boxborough, Massachusetts
toddwaddington private msg quote post Address this user
Hey, @Leon11, @foxwrth13...sorry if it's tangential but feeling nostalgic with all this Jersey talk. I was born and raised in southern New Jersey (Pennsville, in Salem County), went to Montclair State (University), and know that North Jersey area very well. I live in Massachusetts but that area still feels like home. Goin' "down the shore" when this pandemic subsides? Cheers!
Post 11 IP   flag post
No worries, @toddwaddington, down the shore, haven’t heard that in a while. Haven’t checked what they’re gonna do this, wouldn’t want to be tied up in a place I like to let loose!
Post 12 IP   flag post
101428 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?