Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport 2019 New PricingMatterport Classic PricingTransfer SpaceTransfergate

Question about transferring Matterport spaces14520

sandhun private msg quote post Address this user
A client wants a 3D model for long term use (to embed on their website and share on social media).

However they're not willing to pay much for the tour and I think it wouldn't be economical for me to host it for years on end.

Is it possible for me to create it under my account and subsequently transfer the space to them under a Free subscription plan that they sign up for? That way, I'm not worried about it taking up one of my 25 spaces within my professional subscription (I have a Pro2 camera).

If this works, it would be great but the following 2 paragraphs in Matterport's help centre literature suggest it might not be as easy as it sounds:

"Transferring a space into a Free account will automatically set the space as private, since spaces in Free accounts cannot be publicly shared."

"Note: If you have a Free plan and your model was scanned using a 360 camera, there will be no option to share. Upgrade to a Starter plan for sharing."

Based on this, will I be able to achieve what I want? Since the model I create will be with a Pro2 rather than a 360 cam, does this mean they will be able to share a model in a free plan?

Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
Simple. You transfer to a free plan that they set up.
They then have to upgrade that account to share it. I'm not sure what it is in GB Pounds but I think less than £10/month.
But make sure that you charge them a proper rate for creating it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
sandhun private msg quote post Address this user
@CharlesHH thanks for the reply. So you're saying in order to be able to share the model, they'd have to upgrade to a 'Starter Pack'? It won't work with a free account?

The Starter Pack works out to about £10 per month including the tax.

Hmmm, I am not sure if clients will want to pay ongoing hosting fees every month.
Post 3 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
That is how it works. No it does not work with the free account, only internally in their office.

That's their choice. If they are using for marketing purposes on their web site it is a low price to pay for a cloud service.
I bill my clients for the job. If for a business rather than real estate, I bill them a fee incl. 1 year hosting. Then at end of year I charge €100 per year. I have a classic plan.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
They cannot share publicly with a free account but they can do it on a Starter one with 5 active models for $9.99/month.

You cannot submit a Pro2 model for processing on a starter account but you can process on yours and transfer it into a starter account.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101437 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?