Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360360 CamerasNewsRicoh Theta Z1Ricoh Theta Z1 51GB

RICOH THETA Z1 51GB; 23 MG 6720x3360 px/Supports RAW-$1,045-Ships May 202114502

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab: RICOH THETA Z1 51GB; 23 MG 6720x3360 px/Supports RAW-$1,045-Ships May 2021

Media Release
---

A camera that can shoot 360-degree spherical images in a single shot: RICOH THETA Z1™ 51GB
New update features large-capacity storage for many high-quality 360° images

TOKYO, March 24, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- RICOH COMPANY, LTD. and RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. announced today the launch of the RICOH THETA Z1 51GB, the latest model to be added to the RICOH family of cutting-edge 360-degree cameras. RICOH has enhanced its high-end model, which can shoot high-res spherical images in a single shot, by significantly increasing the internal storage capacity from 19GB to 51GB and support approximately 23-megapixels resolution (6720 x 3360 pixels) 360-degree still images.

Since RICOH launched the world's first 360-degree consumer camera*1 in 2013, the company has stayed at the forefront of this emerging technology as it continues to evolve and become an integral tool for the burgeoning industries of virtual reality (VR), social media, business, real estate, and more. Recently, with the need to balance health safety practices with economic activities, the use of 360-degree content is expected to further expand into new areas, such as viewing real estate properties remotely and monitoring and managing progress at construction sites.

The RICOH THETA Z1 51GB is the flagship model of this series. RICOH employs superior optical and image processing technologies, cultivated through years of high-performance camera development, to pursue its highest resolution and quality to-date.

While maintaining the outstanding performance of the RICOH THETA Z1, the internal storage capacity has been significantly increased from 19GB to 51GB. The compact main body is equipped with a 1.0-inch back-illuminated CMOS image sensor, enabling approx. 23MP resolution 360-degree still images.

It supports a diverse range of shooting modes, such as aperture priority, allowing users to take high-quality images regardless of the setting—outdoors, nighttime, indoors, tropical beaches, or snowy mountain views—nothing is off-limits.

Moreover, it is possible to shoot considerably smooth and immersive 360-degree videos in 4K (3840x1920 pixels) and 30 frames per second (fps) thanks to exceptional 3-axis rotational stabilization to compensate for rotational shake.

With a 0.93-inch organic EL monitor and a Function (Fn) button, the main body of the camera grants users access to a multitude of information at a glance, including the number of possible shots, exposure settings, and more, thus greatly improving the operability of the camera itself.

In addition to JPEG, RICOH THETA Z1 now supports Adobe® DNG format (RAW) so that users can enjoy professional image editing as with a typical digital SLR camera. The Android™-based operating system now offers performance improvements by providing flexibility in the number of expansion plug-ins a user can install on the Z1. The overall functionality of the latest model from RICOH meets the high demands of serious photographers and offers optimal performance for both professionals and amateurs alike.

*1 As a mass-produced consumer product capable of capturing the scene around, above, and below the device in a fully spherical image (as of October 2013, based on RICOH research).

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

1. 23MP resolution using a 1.0-inch back-illuminated CMOS image sensor, one of the largest for consumer 360-degree cameras. And a multi-level aperture mechanism allows users to set the F-number to one of the three levels of F2.1, F3.5, and F5.6.
2. A high-performance image processing algorithm achieves low- and high-sensitivity, low-noise, and high-resolution images. Dynamic Range (DR) compensation is automatically made for normal shooting, effectively reducing blown out and pitch-black shadows for outdoor locations with brightness contrasts.
3. High-quality 4K 360-degree videos using the latest 3-axis rotational stabilization while shooting videos to show superior image stabilization.
4. Intuitive main body user interface (UI) has a 0.93-inch organic EL (OLED) monitor that displays shooting information in the lower part of the main body.
5. JPEG format, RAW (Adobe® DNG) and JPEG files can be saved in the camera. RICOH THETA Stitcher, an application that enables image stitching in Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® Classic, will be provided free.
6. Users can directly post 360-degree spherical images shot using the camera to Facebook or upload them to the theta360.com dedicated website and share them on social networks such as Twitter and Tumblr.
7. Unique cropped images can also be shared with Instagram. It is also possible to submit captured spherical videos to 360-degree channels and images to Google Maps™.
8. The camera employs a lightweight and robust magnesium alloy for body materials. It ensures robustness that can withstand severe use, but texture casting on the surface gives a luxurious texture suitable for a high-end model.
9. The camera uses Qualcomm's Snapdragon™ and an Android-based operating system. Firmware updates facilitate continuous functional expansions and performance improvements. Users can access a variety of expanded functions by installing Ricoh genuine plug-ins as well as plug-ins released by general developers through the RICOH THETA Plug-in Partner Program.

Additional features:
-- Large 51GB memory capacity that can capture approximately 6350 jpeg images.
-- Can shoot using a high shutter speed of up to 1/25000 seconds.
-- THETA+ application can be used to edit still images and export image data files for printing.
-- Dual communication using Bluetooth® and wireless LAN.
-- Easy wireless connection from the basic app for smartphones.

The RICOH THETA Z1 51GB will be available for purchase online and from select retailers in late May [2021] for $1,049.95 US Dollars. For more information and to view additional product specs, please visit theta360.com.

| About Ricoh |

Ricoh is empowering digital workplaces using innovative technologies and services enabling individuals to work smarter. For more than 80 years, Ricoh has been driving innovation and is a leading provider of document management solutions, IT services, communication services, commercial and industrial printing, digital cameras, and industrial systems.

Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in approximately 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ended March 2020, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 2,008 billion yen (approx. 18.5 billion USD).

For further information, please visit www.ricoh.com

© 2021 RICOH COMPANY, LTD. All rights reserved.

SOURCE: Ricoh Company, LTD via PRNewswire
Post 1 IP   flag post
trueview360s private msg quote post Address this user
Disappointing. I never come close to maxing out the storage. Was hoping the next model would have improved resolution.
Post 2 IP   flag post
cgraft private msg quote post Address this user
Dang this looks cool, but I'll probably pass on it.

I would actually use my current Theta camera for certain tours if Matterport supported capturing from one lens, waiting for a second, then capturing the other side.

Giving the photographer time to walk around the camera is what they need to work on to sell more of these to us.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@cgraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgraft
waiting for a second, then capturing the other side.

Giving the photographer time to walk around the camera is what they need to work on to sell more of these to us.

Yes. It's super-surprising that Matterport does not support this feature (iGUIDE does)

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @trueview360s
Disappointing. I never come close to maxing out the storage. Was hoping the next model would have improved resolution.

I could imagine that the extra storage is for time-lapse interval shooting (such as 1 shot per second). Use cases likely include:

✓ construction documentation
✓ Google Street View

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
denlee private msg quote post Address this user
Epic FAIL Ricoh!

The only 3 things that you needed to do were:

1. Increase the resolution.
2. Increase the resolution.
3. Increase the resolution.

On the plus side, for those who still want to buy it, the price of the original Z1 will inevitably drop.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Leonardo private msg quote post Address this user
@cgraft

[Google Translate Added by @DanSmigrod: My solution for that was to buy a taller tripod and stay under it, when taking pictures. It is much more practical than the risk of moving a matterport. In short, stay well below the tripod, hidden.]

A minha solução para isso, foi comprar um tripé mais alto e ficar em baixo dele, no momento das fotos. É muito mais pratico do que o risco de movimentar uma matterport. Resumindo, fique bem abaixo do tripé, escondido.
Post 7 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Just wondering if the only hardware upgrade was the memory?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Leonardo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgraft
Dang this looks cool, but I'll probably pass on it.

I would actually use my current Theta camera for certain tours if Matterport supported capturing from one lens, waiting for a second, then capturing the other side.

[Google Translate added by @DanSmigrod Use a tall tripod and stay under it when scanning.]
Utilize um tripé alto e fique embaixo dele, na hora do escaneamento.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: New Ricoh Theta Z1 is HERE! 10 questions with Ricoh Theta's GM | Video courtesy of 360Rumors YouTube Channel | 25 March 2021

There's a new Ricoh Theta Z1 for 2021! Will Theta Z1 have a higher resolution video? Will there be a cheaper version of Theta Z1? I had the opportunity to ask Ricoh Theta General Manager Mr. Shinobu Fujiki these and other questions we always wanted to know about the Theta Z1.

Source: 360Rumors YouTube Channel
Post 10 IP   flag post
JPPeron private msg quote post Address this user
My Z! broke out of warranty and I decided to try the cheaper QooCam 8K and I am VERY impressed with how well it stiched without any blur compared to the Z1
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPPeron
My Z! broke out of warranty and I decided to try the cheaper QooCam 8K and I am VERY impressed with how well it stiched without any blur compared to the Z1

Cool! Thanks for sharing.

I could imagine that much of the Community is interested in the Ricoh Theta Z1 or Ricoh Theta Z1 because:

1. It's compatible with Matterport
2. It's compatible with iGUIDE PLANIX
3. It's compatible with Zillow 3D Home tours
4. It's compatible with nearly all 170+ 3D/360 virtual tour platforms/software

I know you can not use the QooCam 8K with Matterport and iGUIDE PLANIX. Do you know if you can use the QooCam 8K with Zillow 3D Home tours?

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
PetaPixel (24 March 2021) Ricoh’s Updated Theta Z1 Has Double the Storage, Otherwise the Same
Post 13 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod Well that might be an underlying good point, if the hardware has not changed then maybe there will be away that they can upgrade the software of the original Z1 just knowing you that you have less storage. Which in my eyes might not be that big of deal, you just add one step to the work flow which would be transfer photos to free up space.
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I wanted to say almost the same.. They have a bad battery, awful wifi range and huge bugs with location data in the Theta app and all they do is extending an internal storage while you can simply use a bigger memory card.

I would say that and it reflects my opinion about Ricoh: they are very good with a photo part of their cameras but suck a lot at everything else. The bad battery is may be hard to resolve without changing a size of a camera but they can just make a port for external wifi antenna if they cannot make a signal stronger inside a camera body. I am sure it can be even done as DIY so it should be very easy for Ricoh to do.
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Buy Ricoh Theta Z1 360 Camera | Official Ricoh Online Store as of 12:45 pm EDT Monday, 3 May 2021

Hi All,

Reminder. The new Ricoh Theta Z1 (should) be released at the end of May 2021.

At that point, I could imagine that the existing Ricoh Theta Z1 will drop in price. It's likely that for most Matterport Service Providers using a 360 camera, the existing Ricoh Theta Z1 will be sufficient (but at a lower price).

Best,

Dan
Post 16 IP   flag post
101435 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?