Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
COVID19Retail StoresVideo

Matterport Video: How can retail evolve in a virtual world?14479

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: How can retail evolve in a virtual world? | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 22 March 2021

Join host and retail journalist Caroline Baldwin as we discuss today’s retail landscape, with the global pandemic and changing consumer habits in mind. Caroline will be joined by a panel of retail industry professionals, who will share their insights into retail’s digital revolution.

Matterport’s [Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Platform] Elizabeth Fabozzi will be on hand to discuss the tech that’s powering retail’s future, and share how this can be implemented across the industry, from ensuring brick and mortar stores are covid compliant to planning layouts, and enabling ‘in store’ experiences online!

Source: Matterport YouTube Channel
Post 1 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod they are trying to use a product that is not ideal for this. I have been in retail and different industries, I know people get excited about this but you have to also be logical , yes you can charge more than the cheaper property scans that has sunk that market. Thank you MSP's who cant sell value ....

The problem is these shop/ retail venues changes on a daily or weekly basis, so the problem is how do you bill then client and is it really worth your time? You will also have to be sure the store is staged perfectly and ten to one scan after store hours. I was approached by a group with over 500+ stores and after listening to their needs said Matterport will not work for them, and there is other more advanced solutions out there geared especially for this market. Also the amount of time also onsite with the Matterport , artifacts that is getting broke in all my latest tours with the Pro 2 and also the Pro 2 color is not great not even to think at night in a store under florescent lights. I looked at that Nissan tour and there only two ways they could get the steering wheel not chopped in half is editing the panos, when can we get access to the SDK MATTERPORT TO EDIT THE PANOS OURSELVES ? Or using maybe a Theta inside but again the image looks enhanced , so they get people excited for nothing. And also big tours that cant get stitched , is a major big problem that is not going to work for larger scans. I hope Super Dee is happy where she is and will never return back to Matterport

Also a big problem is NO self hosting , and this is a problem is clients want to own their content and the data is also sensitive. So if Mattreport does not change that very soon they will not capture a very big market and again is taking 9 steps back. Password protection means nothing, not when its not on the clients own servers or hosting end of discussion, I have spoken with Matterport about this but they never listen or cares.

You also have to realize people has gotten used shopping on the Bezos and the gram so trying to get them walking trough a 100000 sqft store clicking on one billion mattertags to add it to your shopping cart is not a very good UX / UI it is bad. The only way the tours can work is to draw the clients back in to the brick and mortar stores , or with AR and there is some really exciting products out already for that and being developed that will make the Matterport obsolete for this.

But yes lets jump on the band wagon I am already offering retailers upto 50,000 sqft $500.00 per scan , to start driving down the pricing and make the market more competitive.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @MeshImages
From the German forum mixed.de - link article in German

Meet Rescan - the 3D Scanning helmet - and capture a mall within an hour Website link Rescan

Image courtesy of Leica Geosystems

Image courtesy of NavVis

@Gerhard

Thank you for your insight.

My impression is that Matterport lacks capture solutions for retail stores (large spaces) such as:

1. Camera/LiDAR on Wheels (such as NavVis)
2. Camera/LiDAR on Helmet (such as ReScan)
3. Camera/LiDAR robot (like Leica mashup with Spot)
4. Camera/LiDAR drone map (A DroneDeploy mashup)

The Matterport Pro2 3D Camera and Leica BLK360 can not capture large spaces quickly and efficiently (labor).

There are at least two interesting solutions for rapid MatterTag updates to Matterport spaces (other than writing our own Matterport API solutions):

Tutorial: How to create dynamic pop-ups in Matterport Tours
Transcript: WGAN-TV: Automating Exporting & Importing Matterport MatterTags

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
101635 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?