Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Help WantedTrainingVirtual Reality

Matterport VR: Why Demo When 3D is Hard!1432

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

I chatted today with a Member of the We Get Around Referral Network about VR and real estate agents. (He is thinking about attending the We Get Around Matterport VR Masters Class Pre-Inman Connect 1 August 2016 in San Francisco.)

He has an opportunity to speak to a large group of real estate agents in September and is wondering why he should demo Matterport VR rather than Matterport Spaces (formerly known as Matterport 3D tours): particularly, when tech-savvy early adopters can still be a challenge with Matterport 3D tours.

First, be a thought-leader in a new, emerging technology meets real estate. Be perceived as the "go to" to help differentiate their listing presentations to have a competitive advantage.

Second, it's okay to say we do not know when enough people will have VR headsets (b2b outside sales team is an example of an exception). Then, do two minutes on Matterport Spaces – works on smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktops.

Third, fun. You will bond immediately with anyone that tries Matterport VR. It's simply easier to have a conversation like you have been friends for years. Watch the above video. Everyone smiles. You deliver happiness. Then chat about what's possible today. Take a card. Book a follow-up.

Potential Bonus: trade press media coverage and being invited to speak to other groups (without being hit-up for a sponsorship fee.)

Are you using Matterport VR to open doors? Please share your experience ...

Thanks,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
I've found that showing an agent the tour on VR tends to sell them the matterport scan itself, even if they aren't planning on using VR. It lets them know they (their business) can be part of something very cool.

Every agent I've shown it to so far has then gone on to get a scan done of a property. While that's simply anecdotal, it seems to have a more positive effect when selling your product, even if you don't plan on having it converted to VR.
Post 2 IP   flag post
jscottsmith private msg quote post Address this user
Will those work with Google Cardboard yet (like the Homido), or are we limited to GearVR?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
I believe it's just the vr
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@jscottsmith @Jamie

While Matterport VR Beta (presently) does not support Google Cardboard, it's likely that Matterport will (though the timing is unclear).

"With millions of content creators scanning amazing places, we’ll soon have a YouTube-sized collection of real-world spaces, available to everyone to browse and experience on platforms like GearVR and Google Cardboard, in addition to our current in-browser player," says this Matterport Blog Post of 18 May 2015.

Every week, there is a major announcement about major brands leveraging the VR sampling potential with Google Cardboard. I can not imagine Matterport ignoring this tsunami in VR sampling (even if we all agree that the Gear VR viewing experience will be far better).

I needed a tricycle before I was ready for a bicycle.

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
101429 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?