Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdviceBLK360CrashingHow ToLargeOutdoorsPro2Reality Capture ExpertSchoolsStiching

BLK360 + Matterport Pro2 = 1080 scans (and crashing): Now what (please)?14304

WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Harrycayman private msg quote post Address this user
Hi
Just doing a school with pro 2 inside and blk outside. They want a walk thru thus Matterport. But it’s for as Bult plans
When I reached 1080 scans tried blk for outside and app kept crashing. Gave up. Materport suppport says start new model and I asked will they Stich they say sorry your scan too big they only stich 500 scans or less
So anyone that uses BLK 360 and Matterport let me know if I have solution and how you deal with this and how yiu deal with accurate as built drawings. I know BLK saves images on its memory and is accuracy good thru matterport capture or can I import thru cyclone 360 field and is accuracy same or do I go thru cyclone to get better accuracy ?
All comments welcome as I just invested in a BLK to grow my business over my competitors
Harry
Post 1 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
You can merge the pointclouds (Pro2 plus BLK) in software. Contact Mayank if he can porivide you as built data from 2 pointclouds. Create another model with BLK.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
Try to make a copy of your 1000 points job and delete the unimportant points to make it a 500 points job, reupload it and ask Matterport to stich it to the BLK job.

Let us know the result. Wish to look at your result.
Post 3 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@Harrycayman If you take your existing Pro 2 model process it and turn it into a OBJ file, cyclone should be able to merge the two point clouds together into one, great for as-builts. The problem is you then just have one point cloud. It is a lot harder to use as a walk thru. I am not as familiar with Cyclone software for Leica systems. Faro has a software that is called web share that takes the photos and the point cloud and allow you to see them side by side. I think cyclone has something similar but that will not give you the photos from the MP Pro 2 camera and it will not give you the same immersive walk thru. In the forum there was a software and I cannot find it right now that took several platforms and mashed them together. But the point cloud view would be just that a point cloud not a photo realistic view. Your best option is to split the one project into two separate models of 500 or less points each and use "Show and Tour" software to display them together. Sorry this is the only draw back with MP is doing such large projects.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Hi

Thank you for the ideas, mayank does my as built projects and does a great job. Just wanted to have 3d outside effect for walk thru. I will look more into the cyclone app

harry
Post 5 IP   flag post
wishing_well private msg quote post Address this user
I'm curious where does this merging happen? If I have two models uploaded to Matterport how can they then be merged? When people are discussing outsourcing two models being merged, are these models taken off the iPad and then sideloaded back on before uploading? Just really curious of this process.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycayman
Hi
Just doing a school with pro 2 inside and blk outside. They want a walk thru thus Matterport. But it’s for as Bult plans
When I reached 1080 scans tried blk for outside and app kept crashing. Gave up. Materport suppport says start new model and I asked will they Stich they say sorry your scan too big they only stich 500 scans or less
So anyone that uses BLK 360 and Matterport let me know if I have solution and how you deal with this and how yiu deal with accurate as built drawings. I know BLK saves images on its memory and is accuracy good thru matterport capture or can I import thru cyclone 360 field and is accuracy same or do I go thru cyclone to get better accuracy ?
All comments welcome as I just invested in a BLK to grow my business over my competitors
Harry

@Harrycayman

Since Matterport Support can stitch together up to two models that are less than 500 scans - presently fre and likely take a few weeks - can you duplicate the existing model to create two models that each have less than 500 scans - and still have overlap to facilitate the stitching - and still complete the project such that you only have two Matterport spaces with less than 500 scans?

Do you have the latest/fastest/most storage iPad? If not, you might buy a new iPad and save the first iPad to Apple iCloud and then do a restore to the new iPad.

Is that an option for you?

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@Harrycayman dont believe them, they stitched me a tour with 1800 scans before and it was a school.

Also what happens is that your iPad runs out of memory , so try and get the latest iPad that will help. Had the same problem. Wish Dee was still there , she was the backbone of Matterport bets customer service ever.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Hi Dan

i will look at new ipad with more memory as i have the BLK app on that too.

Also Gerhard that's good to know

Harry
Post 9 IP   flag post
101636 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?