Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
HostingOut of BusinessTips

What happens to hosting if my company goes out of business?14287

jpierce360 private msg quote post Address this user
Had a customer ask a question that I didn't know how to answer.

What happens if they do the virtual tour of the space available, sign a tenant, tenant moves in and than moves out at the end of the lease.

Can they reuse the link to the virtual tour? I said as long as i'm in business you can.
To which they reply... but what if you are not in business anymore. Can the link be reused?

I'm guessing they could reach out to Matterport??? I'm going to investigate myself but didn't know the answer.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@jpierce360

If a client is looking for ultimate control of the space I’d suggest that they get their own hosting plan. You then could transfer any spaces that you had shot for them
Post 2 IP   flag post
Axis360Media private msg quote post Address this user
If you stop paying your tours will stop being visible to you and your clients. Matterport will keep them for data.

Matterport will not allow your client to resuscitate a space you didn’t pay for. Either continue to pay, or transfer the space to someone with a brighter future.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'm going to suggest the hosting plan for themselves but I don't know if they will go for it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
Are they paying for you to keep the tour on your account for years to come? If so, they can ask the question. If not, are you really going to use/waste one Space for them for the eventuality of when a tenant will move out? By then, the rooms, colors and even layout might have changed, and they might need a new scan anyway.

As @lilnitsch said, you can definitely offer them to transfer the Space to their account. It will "only" cost them $69/month (I think)... After that, you tell them your hosting fees are only $5-10/month, and you are happy to keep the Space as long as they want, and if you ever go out of business, you will find someone else to host the tour for the same price.

Cheers,
Matt

PS: I've had a few people asking me that very same question... they are not serious clients. It's the same kind that say "I will give you volume, give me a good discount...".
Post 5 IP   flag post
Axis360Media private msg quote post Address this user
Recommending your client begin a relationship with the company the believes “anyone can do it”, will actually speed up the process where your account is closed. Instead charge ho$ting and insure your account live forever. At least that’s how I do it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
I always discuss all fees associated with any services rendered prior shooting the property & depending on the clients budget this will determine different tour options
Post 7 IP   flag post
TheGknee private msg quote post Address this user
I could be wrong, but matterport has a free tier where it's just one space hosted for free. In theory you could create a unique account for each individual client and either transfer the space from your account to theirs after it's rendered. Maybe have a shared password until all adjustments are made then at the end have them create their own password?

I'm not sure just spitballing here, I'm not a financial advisor.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@TheGknee

Free accounts are NOT publicly shareable

The $10 starter account is the cheapest option for 5 active tours
Post 9 IP   flag post
Thank you for the suggestions!

@thegknee - I believe the free space is only for non-Pro2 captured spaces.
Post 10 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
If they really want to keep it then they need to take a starter account and you move it over. Free spaces cannot be shared.

I had one client who had used another company before who had ceased to exist. All attempts to contact them were in vain. Matterport effectively refused to help, hiding behind data protection rules.

If I was closing my business, I would try and sell my spaces to another service provider or ultimately give them to someone else.

Covid also got me thinking - what would happen if I was hospitalised and died? My sons have access to a document with things to handle if I die - accountant, lawyers, will etc. I put a couple of friendly MP providers on there who would probably take over the account or find someone who could.
Post 11 IP   flag post
PocketBuildings
CoFounder/SVP
San Francisco
GregMoulton private msg quote post Address this user
We have clients asking us the same. We tell our customers to upload the raw 360 photos to our app. If they stop paying Matterport or it's lost they can recreate a virtual tour with another provider. In the end, it's about holding onto the raw data.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I gave them 2 options.
they open their own matterport account or I give them the raw data and they can find someone else to resubmit.
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

If your clients meet the same problem that their showcases require a Matterport account to hold.

Thank you.
JuMP team from Beijing China
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@jpierce360 How can you give your clients the raw data to resubmit?
Would you please tell me the step be step about how to backup a Job file from one ipad and put it back to another ipad for uploading.
We have an ongoing project that require a solution like this.
Thank you so much!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@JuMP Hi I will send you an email how to do it very easy.

Also , just close your business down and direct your clients to Matterport as Matterport owns the data and not you. Just change your terms of service it is that simple. They can then ask Matterport for it, less headache for you.
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchimedStudio
As @lilnitsch said, you can definitely offer them to transfer the Space to their account. It will "only" cost them $69/month (I think)... After that, you tell them your hosting fees are only $5-10/month, and you are happy to keep the Space as long as they want, and if you ever go out of business, you will find someone else to host the tour for the same price.

It is actually $9/month account. You cannot capture a Pro2 tour on it but you can transfer such a tour to this account. The was a similar question on WGAN recently and I posted a quote from Matterport when they say you can do it.
Post 17 IP   flag post
101635 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?