Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3DVistaTosolini Productions

[R&D] Making a 3DVista tour look like Matterport14286

Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user

In this technical mashup / proof of concept, we leveraged the visual assets of a tour previously done with GeoCV (could be Matterport), to create a brand new tour in 3DVista with a similar user experience. This is a pure technical exercise:

The new tour consists of:
- 360 panoramas downloaded from GeoCV
- Initial transition video (screen capture from GeoCV)
- Semi-invisible hotspots using Click & Go feature
- Dollhouse effect (an interactive spinning model generated with Object2VR from 40 screenshots of the original GeoCV dollhouse)

Link to experience: http://bit.ly/carlton3d (not mobile ready)
Post 1 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
@Tosolin this looks even better than Matterport!

And it is self-hosted. For a hotel room of this size the much better option. With 3D Vista it can be fully customized, copy/pasted for other rooms or hotels and it is much more affordable.

This visual concept could be also achieved with a combination of any 360 camera system plus iPhone lidar and any of the 3D capture apps. And the fact that you can use a system camera like Sony alpha, Nikon, Canon etc. for the Panos will give you much, much better image quality and resolution.

Congrats! Great concept, great job, as always, Tosolini.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
@meshimages thanks for the note. I agree that there is a lot of potential for the hotel industry. Self hosted high res tours. Very good value proposition.

I thought about using the iPhone lidar for the dollhouse, but when you upload a model to Sketchfab, the navigation is not ideal and you get the walls all around the room. I'll have to do some more research about it. I'm sure there is a solution.
Post 3 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
@Tosolini well, the dollhouse in the beginning is only an animation. You can probably use the animation tool in reality capture to achieve this. (But I had no time to have a look at it in detail).
Post 4 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@Tosolini very nice. Just a question have you looked at KRpano with the 3D depth mapping add on. Your model looks very good, I just saw this software thier model is not as good as yours but is developed from the panos and again for smaller space might be good, but maybe easier. I just do not know enough about the software and definitely not smart enough to know how to compare them. You always turn out amazing work, you can tell you love your work.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
@ron0987 thanks! I need to take a look at Everpano as you suggest. I wish there was an integrated solution in 3DVista
Post 6 IP   flag post
TakedaSan private msg quote post Address this user
Great idea @Tosolini . You're always pushing the limits of our technology. Congrats!

I didn't know that Object2VR could create the Dollhouse effect. Do you think it's possible to create it directly from 360ยบ panoramas?

I also found this project to make Dollhouse view with a Blender 3D Addon and KRPano:
https://der-mische.de/panorama/timeshift/
(Click on the Walk mode of this example, it's insane)

https://der-mische.de/panocamadder/
https://der-mische.de/panoblender/
https://der-mische.de/2020/09/12/panoramatexture-baking/

I don't use Blender, so I didn't make a test, but maybe it's another way to make it happen. It's an experimental project, but I like it.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
@takedasan thanks for the links to the Blender add-ons. I'll pass them to our VR designer for exploration.

Object2VR doesn't create dollhouses by itself, but it allows you to assemble various images into one. So if you have an existing dollhouse (like I did), you can extract stills (I used Snagit by TechSmith) and ingest the images in Object2VR. The outcome is an interactive spinning image.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101433 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?