Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceHostingPricing

Charging customers for hosting?14249

JimmyJim private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone.I'm trying to figure out if I should start charging a hosting fee for my customers and was curious what others charge if they do this. I mostly do model homes for home builders. Some have their own Matterport account which is great, but many do not. My accounting dept. contacted me when they found out the price was going to go up past 100 spaces. I now have it down to 70 and trying to figure out what to do going forward. Thanks for your help!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Axis360Media private msg quote post Address this user
As soon as hosting becomes free I will give it away for free. Until then, and because anything free has no perceived value I CHARGE EVERYONE FOR HOSTING.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks for the repy--May I ask how much?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Axis360Media private msg quote post Address this user
At least $5 per month per space. As much as $50.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@JimmyJim

Thanks for posting your question. Always a great topic!

Related WGAN Forum discussions

Example of Charging for Matterport Monthly Hosting, Support and Maintenance
Tip: Offer Hosting, Maintenance and Support Instead of Transferring Spaces
Question of the Day: What tool(s) do you use to automate recurring billing?
Tip: How to do automatic monthly billing

Any of the above helpful?

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
SAW private msg quote post Address this user
We charge a hosting fee for active and inactive accounts, $10 and $5 per month. This way inactive accounts are still generating enough income to pay for our Professional plan.
Post 6 IP   flag post
botticelli private msg quote post Address this user
I charge $25 per month after one year or I can transfer to them for free. It’s just so I’m not stuck with dead spaces. If it’s live it should be making money somehow.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
I don't charge hosting fees because I don't want to lose the models that I have on my website.

A wise man once told me that if you use wordpress wp3d models to create web pages and display them on your website, you create lots of good google juice to feed your SEO. I have over 500 models on my website and i'm #1 on most google searches in my area. To me, that's worth a lot more than the hosting fees. So to me, they are making me money. And if there not being hosted they can't help you with your seo.

Full disclosure...I am on the top 300 model classic plan with Matterport, so my cost for hosting is manageable.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
4 months free. After that it's $20/1 month, $40/4 months or $100/yr.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
No hosting charges ever , do not believe in it.

But MSP's charging nothing for tours who cant charge more has to charge hosting fees, and that I show they all are screwing up this business model.

Matterport needs , no must re look the hosting plans as it is not feasible only if you are a Mickey Mouse real estate company then it makes sense to host 250 tours and not paying processing fees because they are cheapskates.

Bottom line is , charge processing fees and bring down the hosting fees = millions of Matterport tours
Post 10 IP   flag post
Thank you all for your help. Lot's of great info. here!
Post 11 IP   flag post
101641 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?