Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3DVistaNewsSkyway InteractiveSports ArenaSports Stadium

Skyway Interactive Unveils Virtual Recruiting Tour For Purdue Athletics14215

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Media Release
---

Screen Grab: Purdue Sports 360 by Skyway Interactive | WGAN Editor's Note: Skyway Interactive tours are create with Panotour Pro

Skyway Interactive Unveils Virtual Recruiting Tour For Purdue Athletics

The Boilermakers Bring Their Facilities To Recruits Who Can't Visit During Covid-19

VANCOUVER, Wash., Feb. 11, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Skyway Interactive, which transports fans and athletes to athletic venues through its virtual tours, announced Purdue Athletics as the latest client to showcase their athletic facilities. Purdue completed the on-site photography after Skyway Interactive mailed them a 360-degree camera, then uploaded the photos to be integrated into the virtual tour, highlighting their entire athletic facilities and venues so recruits, fans, and more can view them online. The virtual tour can be viewed at https://purduesports360.com/.

Skyway Interactive began working with Purdue in August 2020, collecting hundreds of images before finalizing the tour that launched in January. Because the camera is mailed, along with simple instructions on how to best capture each facility, the virtual tour development process is incredibly easy. Schools or venues don't have to wait on a photographer or rush through areas that aren't ready for production, instead shooting the spaces on their own schedule. Afterward, clients simply upload the photos, and then Skyway Interactive immediately builds the virtual tour.

"Virtual tours in college recruiting became a necessity when in-person visits were prohibited," said Jake Donahue, founder of Skyway Interactive. "Even before the pandemic, these tours were gaining popularity as coaches expanded their recruiting footprint. Now, we can get virtual tours up and running immediately since we mail them a camera to capture the images on their schedule. It couldn't be easier for them. That's why we're seeing schools from the SEC and Big Ten down to the Group of Five all using the same tools – they simply work."

Many prominent universities have added virtual tours to their recruiting efforts, including three of the top four 2021 men's basketball recruiting classes (#1 Michigan, #3 Villanova, #4 Kentucky), according to 247 Sports.

Additional Skyway Interactive virtual tour clients include Virginia Tech, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, Oregon, Cal, Houston, Oregon State, and many other NCAA programs. They have also worked with professional teams, including the Arizona Cardinals and Houston Astros.

About Skyway Interactive
Founded in 2017, Skyway Interactive transports athletes, students, fans, families, and anyone in the world through its dynamic virtual tours. Since the pandemic began, Skyway Interactive has worked with schools across 10 Division-1 conferences and multiple professional sports venues. For information on Skyway Interactive, visit www.skywayinteractive.com.

SOURCE: Skyway Interactive via PR Newswire

---
WGAN Editor's Note: Skyway Interactive tours are create with Panotour Pro
Post 1 IP   flag post
Portland, Oregon
Jake private msg quote post Address this user
Dan, thanks for the share!

I actually used Panotour Pro for this tour. I know it's depreciated but I use the GUI to get things built before customizing a bit in krpano. I'll switch over to 3DV soon, I already have it I just need to dive in...
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Jake

Ah! I (just) corrected the original post to show Panotour Pro (rather than 3DVisa Virtual Tour Pro Software.)

Congrats on creating a business models - sending 360s cameras to clients to create content - that enables you to offer your tours anywhere.

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
101641 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?