Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Advice

Can I download the Matterport Tour to a CD?1421

Standard
Charleston, SC
marswalker private msg quote post Address this user
I have asked Matterport but have not received an answer yet. If I do a clients 3d tour can I download that to a cd for their viewing after the show hosting has been cancelled? I want to do before and after of extensive renovations and was hopeing to be able to do this. Any quick answers?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
No, you can´t.

You can convert it to a regular video walkthrough though.

Or you can download the OBJ file which is just the point cloud (mesh model) and not the photo walkthrough.

But for what it seems like you want, I´d say the short answer is no.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Standard
Charleston, SC
Thank you matter port got back to me and said basically the same thing. What software are people using to make a video walk-through from the tour.? Thank you
Post 3 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
any screencapture software will do, depends if you´re on a pc or mac. Snaggit works well for pc´s, on a mac you can use quicktime.

Here´s the tip of the day: Hit M while you´re inside the model and you´ll get a menu where you can adjust some settings of the auto walkthrough. Disable sweeps, turn pathopacity to zero and increase transition time and rotation speed. The you can basically just record your screen in fullscreen mode and crop away the icons in any video editing software.

If you don´t want to deal with the video stuff just check out the third party directory on this forum and I think there are 3 video walkthrough providers, starting on $ 25.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DscannUK
Here´s the tip of the day: Hit M while you´re inside the model and you´ll get a menu where you can adjust some settings of the auto walkthrough. Disable sweeps, turn pathopacity to zero and increase transition time and rotation speed.

How am I just discovering this?!?!?

Thanks for the tip!

Just reminds me that there's things I know that I know, things I know that I don't know... but this is something I didn't even know I didn't know!
Post 5 IP   flag post
@3DscannUK

Removing the sweeps and changing the transition time has obvious effects.

Adjusting the rotation speed and "Path opacity" has less obvious effects on the model I was testing. Could you clarify for me what those slide bars control?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
rotation speed is when you use the arrow keys to pan left or right.

path opacity is the blue line that appears when it transitions between photos in walkthrough mode.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thanks... That makes sense. I wasn't in the highlight reel so there was no blueline when I was playing with those controls.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
Would be cool if you could disable the big ol blue mouse cursor and the blue spot in dollhouse mode.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Alticon private msg quote post Address this user
The “M” key
What happened – tried to hit M yesterday- everything OK, Today the function is not working. (have tried Mac and Pc, Chrome and firefox – Nothing…..) Anyone else ?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Standard
Charleston, SC
Same here -
Post 11 IP   flag post
PeterMatterport private msg quote post Address this user
"M" key has moved to "P" - release notes just posted. This happened yesterday with a new release due to some user complaints with using "M". Also check out "U" for deep linking within a model. You should find that one very useful for sharing particular views within a Space.

Changes outlined here:
https://support.matterport.com/hc/en-us/articles/218071127-Showcase-17-Mar-2016
with associated links
Post 12 IP   flag post
101436 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?