Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,056 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Blur ToolMatterport Workshop

New Matterport Blur tool, do you have it?14161

Nadir Patch
and MP2Edit
Lima, Peru
tresdepro private msg quote post Address this user
hi all
Back in October 2020, MP announced a new blur tool to the MP workshop, just wondering if someone has it already...
Can you suggest any alternatives tool for blurring specific areas of a tour? MPEmbed @Metroplex360?

best
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: Matterport's Brand New Blur Brush Tool | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 15 October 2020

@tresdepro

The video above is from this WGAN Forum discussion (that has additional info on this topic:

Video: Matterport to Add (Much Improved) Blur Tool to Matterport Workshop

If you have flexibility on "which platform" ... Asteroom has an excellent blur tool. Asteroom blurring is done in the Asteroom Desktop Editor (like Matterport Workshop) and you can control the size of the blur.

Happy New Year and enjoy your weekend,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Nadir Patch
and MP2Edit
Lima, Peru
tresdepro private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod Happy New Year!
thanks Dan I'll have a look at Asteroom

have a great weekend
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@tresdepro

Special Asteroom Offer for WGAN Forum Members

✓ The first Asteroom Pay Per Tour Bundle is free for WGAN Forum Members with promo code WGANAsteroom on this special Asteroom landing page - for a limited time - effective today (Wednesday, 30 September 2020).
✓ Additional Asteroom Pay Per Tour Bundles are now $49 each for WGAN Forum Members. [Use this WGAN landing page for Asteroom with Promo Code: WGANAsteroomMSP

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
WGAN-TV: Realtor.com Enables Asteroom to Easily Publish to Realtor.com - Plus, Asteroom New Ala Carte Pricing for Real Estate Photographers with Asteroom Co-Founder and CEO Eric Tsai | Thursday, 21 January 2021

@tresdepro

Asteroom Adds New Un-Bundled Add On Pricing Options for WGAN Forum Members

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
wishing_well private msg quote post Address this user
If anyone does have access to this blur feature in beta on matterport can they make a guess as to how they managed to get this access? I would really benefit from being able to use this feature asap.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Hi, I requested access with support and I was granted access for one in the org on the condition that I feedback and understand there are issues. The only problem I have at the moment is that blurs are irreversible. This would be ok if I had the original models but there is no way to offload the models or duplicate on the portal. I've requested one of my spaces be duplicated.
Post 7 IP   flag post
After I got access to this tour I gave it a spin on a tour that otherwise I would not have been able to display because there were sensitive materials in all shots. It works as expected very easy to use just point and blur and then zoom around looking to see if there were any further vantage points. The only thing to watch out for is that first of all you 'do' the blur and then you hit apply. After hitting apply it converts each collection of brush strokes into a blur. While it is 'applying' there are little spinners next to each set of blur brushstrokes.

This is all fine, there would be no problem with using this as is if it weren't for the fact that you irretrievably change the images. So the best thing to do is save a copy of the non-blurred version of the model and then apply the blur to a duplicate. However there is no 'duplicate' functionality on the matterport portal. I do not keep every single model on the original ipad, I very much doubt anybody does and so this requires an email to support to ask them to duplicate the model which is why I suspect it hasn't yet went public.
If there were a duplicate button we'd be golden.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101740 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?