Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
ReviewsVideoVideo Editing

Video: Best Video Editing Software in 2021?14159

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: Best Video Editing Software in 2021? | Video courtesy of Drone Film Guide YouTube Channel | 5 February 2021

From the Drone Film Guide YouTube Channel:

1:05​ - FCPX and Premiere Pro
2:28​ - Premiere Elements
3:38​ - PowerDirector 19
4:24​ - Filmora X
6:05​ - DaVinci Resolve 17
7:48​ - iMovie

Source: Drone Film Guide YouTube Channel

Your thoughts?

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Boxborough, Massachusetts
toddwaddington private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @DanSmigrod

I know there are whizzes out there who are familiar with all of these. I've been working with FCPX from ...I think it was version 3?? So, I really have nothing to compare it to. That said, if I were going to try something else I'd probably go with the Adobe suite (Premiere/After Effects). I know many people also like Resolve.

But I work with so many forms of digital tech that I don't have the bandwidth to add another whole learning curve! Looking forward to reading responses.
Post 2 IP   flag post
MarkJohn private msg quote post Address this user
I dont do video editing so I absolutely have nothing to compare it to but on the Humble Bundle website
they have Pinnacle Studio 24 Ultimate package for £0.73 (approx $1....One dollar)....I believe thats video editing and screen capture... I know its been around for a while.

Its part of the Design Expression Powerhouse bundle on offer at the moment. Corel Painter 2020 is £22 ($25 ish)

clickable text

Maybe useful for someone on the tightest of budgets... and for anyone not familiar the site is totally legit.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Bratislavska, Slovakia
JanHamorsky private msg quote post Address this user
My new favorite is definitely the @LumaFusion for iPad Pro. I really like it and use it more and more beside Premiere Pro. Especially for quick work, many times in the field. I am using the iPad Pro 12,8 for Matterport screen recording and edit it in LumaFusion. And finally, it works perfectly and quicker then my iMac when it comes to editing a 4K video...
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
Dataventurer private msg quote post Address this user
Boy, it really depends on how deep you want to go! I spent a lot of time (days!) looking at free options. DaVinci and Premier Pro were way more than I wanted to spend time learning. The easier/less complicated free options (ShotCut, OpenShot, KdenLive, Olive, etc.) all had varying degrees of available training videos on YouTube and on their sites (and none were super-inviting). I decided to go with PowerDirector365 by purchasing a hardcopy license on eBay for $25 for a year (instead of $59 on their site). The software is easy enough to learn and use, has TONS of training, templates, color correction, online support, and even a music library. And it easily handles 360 video editing. It's working for me!

Now, after all that time and research, I am finding that Momenzo can produce a usable walk-through video targeting the low end/low cost niche.
Post 5 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
@JanHamorsky

LumaFusion seems to be an excellent choice, thank you! They are also offering a product called LumaFX which could replace After Effects.

I am currently trying to kill our Adobe CC subscriptions, because 600 EUR p.y. per seat in home office is far too expensive.

For this reason I switched from Windows to the new Mac Air M1 which runs MacOS apps and IPadOS apps and bought the Affinity Suite which is currently 50% off. Affinity plus the LumaFusion Suite makes an almost complete creative cloud for (currently) less than 150 EUR one time fee.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Bratislavska, Slovakia
JanHamorsky private msg quote post Address this user
@MeshImages

exactly! You are right with Affinity Suite. I am using Affinity Photo for 3 years now.

By the way, LumaFX was included when I bought the LumaFusion. I also bought some transition-title-effects presets from 3rd parties to make my workflow even quicker. I only miss the possibility of white balance adjustment. Hopefully it comes with future updates...
Post 7 IP   flag post
101421 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?