Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Example TourLargeSchools

300,000 Sq ft High School Matterport Scan: Walking Tour14146

WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
Just recently scanned a 300,000 sq ft high school. The project was to recreate the the in person walking tour of the school that they take prospective students on. Their walking tour is 3/4 miles long and takes over an hour. They wanted a virtual option. This is a private Catholic High School and enrollment is expensive so recruiting new students is a big priority.

The project took 2 full days of scanning and almost 900 scans. I obviously didn't scan all 300,000 sq ft of the building...not sure that would have been possible. We are still going to add a short welcome video from the teacher of every classroom we went into that will be added to the Mattertags in the rooms.

There's also a separate fitness center 3d tour that is accessible via Mattertags in the gym. Here's that link:

Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
Cairo, Egypt
AhmedAttia private msg quote post Address this user
@rzphotoman good job
Post 2 IP   flag post
cgraft private msg quote post Address this user
Really great idea. Did you approach them with it?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
no, they saw a similar project I did for a new medical rehab facility and wanted something similar. Here's that project: clickable text
Post 4 IP   flag post
OneCamMedia private msg quote post Address this user
My goodness!

I have been approaching schools for projects like this.

Would you mind sharing your price strategy for a project this big?

This is so cool.

Thank you for sharing.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
Love it
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
@OneCamMedia The pricing strategy on this job, and any I take on like this, is based on first getting a solid understanding of what the client wants as a finished project. With that info, I calculate the time involved for shooting and more importantly, the time editing and assembling the finished model.

With a building this size, you also have to figure that you're going to run into issues during the scan which can add time to the project that you need to consider. Fortunately for me, on this one, I didn't have any major issues during the 2 days of scanning. I did run into many time consuming issues that I didn't expect as I was creating the walkthrough. It's a problem I should have anticipated because I've seen it alot in residential houses, where you click on a spot in one room and you get transported to a different room or floor in the house. In the school model I had the same problems. As an example, I would click on a spot in the gym and it would take me to the cafeteria. It took awhile to figure out, but the fix was to hide any scan that transported me to somewhere I didn't want to be.

This one also included a 1 1/2 minute drone video of the entire campus. I gave them 2 prices...one for the 3D Tour and one for the aerial video. Ultimately, you have to determine what your time and expertise is worth and what your local market is like.

Most importantly, I wouldn't bother approaching any public schools. They don't need to recruit new students. The private schools are the ones to go after...they need to aggressively recruit for new students, and they usually have deep pockets.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101436 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?