Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Ricoh Theta Z1

How best to document the positions of 360 captures within a space?14087

dave3d private msg quote post Address this user
If you're not doing a tour per se but capturing a series of Z1 360 images in a space what's your best method for recording where you took the shot within the space?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
The Ricoh app does have the option to record gps data when connected to a phone or device with cellular. Depending on the space or tour I am creating I can typically eyeball pano positions as far as placement

Post 2 IP   flag post
If in say a 25K space and looking back at captures how do gps settings help? Have you seen an app that can transpose gps coordinates on a location? When the space is repetitive (columns/glass/etc. repeats)or has numerous sets of the same type of furnishings it's easy to lose track visually. Anything other than annotating floorplans (which are often inaccurate) you've seen used?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@dave3d

What platform are you trying to create a tour in?

This was a larger industrial space in which I just eyeballed pano alignment:

https://www.capturenwlive.com/tours/eUEYMgtIn

I was able to have one of my vendors then create this floor plan from this tour:

Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@dave3d

as for the coordinates if wanting to see the panos on a map or a floor plan they would still need to be built into a tour or viewer of some sort.

Post 5 IP   flag post
Lilnitsch,

Don't think tours. In this instance think only how to properly locate 360s on a floor plan of a building. Where the outline of the space of the floor plan is accurate but the internal layout of the floor plan (rooms, halls, offices) is inaccurate. And don't think small space. think 20K plus square feet. With walls and rooms throughout....not open spaces.

I'm looking for a simple, fast, efficient way to show where 360s should appear in a large space after the shots have been taken. So whoever is doing the capture doesn't have to draw a "best guess" circle on a floor plan shot by shot.

Like, is there a particular viewer that displays 360s by coordinate location?

I know with Matterport you have to take one scan to upload. And that Matterport uses a spatial relationship between that first scan and any 360s you do. I haven't used GPS on the Z1s so I'll play with that maybe.

Thanks for your thoughts - I didn't think about GPS on the Z1.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@dave3d

To my knowledge I do not know of any viewer that will take photo ordinates and place the images into a floor plan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@dave3d

On a recent project shooting 50,000 SQ FT with a 360 camera, I hand-marked the 360s on a paper floor plan of the space. (I numbered each 360 on the paper floor plan.)

Does that help?

(If I re-shot a 360, I noted that too.)

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I would use Dan's advise. Just have a floor plan printed and after capture each 360 put a dot on the floor plan where it has been capture.
If you need a precise marking for each spot you can carry a laser distance measurement sensor and record a distance for the camera from one or better two walls. If you make the floor plan to known to you scale you can then position each scan from walls with some precision.
Post 9 IP   flag post
What Dan said is what we do..... It's just not as accurate as I'd like and if someone else besides the person doing the capture is processing the images they can't confirm locations are accurate. It would be nice to KNOW everything is accurate so someone not scanning can process and be certain they locations are accurate.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101641 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?