Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Buy CameraFeesGetting StartedNewbiesPricing

Fees Associated With Matterport-Technical Files14080

Benrk0385 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Everyone,

I am new here and live in the U.S.

I am about to purchase a Matterport Pro2 to start a small side business. I have called all the realtors in my area and I am getting great feedback.

My question is in regards to all costs associated with Matterport services.

Can you guys verify I am not missing anything below?

$69/Month-Professional Plan
-25 Active Spaces
-I ONLY GET CHARGED FOR PROCESSING IF I GO ABOVE 100 SCANS
-ANYTHING OVER 100 SCANS I AM CHARGED $38/SPACE
-$14.99 PER SPACE IF I WANT A FLOOR PLAN
-$14.99 PER GOOGLE STREET VIEW
-$49 FOR MATTERPACK FILES-WHAT ARE THEY?
-$19 FOR AN EXTRA 50 SPACES IF I GO ABOVE MY 25

So all in all its looking like if I utilize my plan to its maximum I will be paying roughly a maximum of:

$69/Month-PLAN
$374.75/Month-Floor plan @ $14.99x25spaces
$374.75/MONTH-Google St. View @$14.99x25spaces

Total of $818.50 pending what the technical files are...?

Am I missing any charges? Thank you all for any knowledge you can provide me. I am just trying to figure out how much I will be paying out per month. I have been searching online and on YouTube and found nothing compared to the amount of information in this forum.

THANK YOU SO MUCH
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Benrk0385

Welcome to the WGAN Forum. Glad you found us.

And, thank you for your detailed post.

While I work on a reply to answer your questions:

1. Are you new to residential real estate?
2. What are you/were you doing before residential real estate?

thanks,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Benrk0385

1. There is a BIG DIFFERENCE in "good feedback" and asking for the order.
2. Yes. Matterport Professional Cloud Pricing is $69/Month with 25 active spaces
3. With Matterport New Pricing (since 2019), there is no charge for processing; even above 100 scans.
4. Yes. $14.99 per Matterport 3D Tour for ordering 2D schematic floor plans
5. Yes. $14.99 per Matterport 3D Tour to publish to Google Street View. (Sometimes Matterport offers at no charge.)
6. It's super-unlikely that you will ever need to order a Matterport MatterPak for residential real estate listings. Matterport MatterPaks are typically needed for "As-Builts" for renovation projects. Architects and General Contractors are examples of prospects that would find this solution helpful.
7. $19 for an extra 50 spaces only applies to Matterport Classic Pricing Plans (2019 and before). If/when you need additional active Matterport Tours, the next Matterport Pricing Tier is 50 active spaces at $129 per month.
8. Think of Matterport hosting as a fixed cost and 2D Schematic Floor Plans and Google Street View as variable pricing that are a cost of offering these services as Add Ons.

Before you buy a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera, please see my next post.

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hi Dan,

I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your information sir. I am a project manager with Lamar advertising and I am interested in this field because I studied geographical information systems in college and I was a information system technician in the U.S. Navy. I am looking for a side business as I’ve tried to start a few in the last eight years. Thank you so much sir for your post I really can’t tell you how much I appreciate you.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Benrk0385

Thank you for the backstory and for your military service.

Since you are just starting out - and have no expertise in residential real estate - I recommend that BEFORE you buy a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera, you buy Real Estate Photographer Pro Course: (Watch this free on-demand webinar first to get a taste)

Save 70 Percent on Real Estate Photographer Pro Course

Using this WGAN Affiliate Link for Real Estate Photographer Pro Course - with the coupon code - WEGETAROUNDNETWORK - see if one of these codes is still working and gets a bigger discount: NEWYEARSEVE or BFWGAN

You will succeed faster with Real Estate Photographer Pro Course. (The real estate agents want photos first, then video and then Virtual Tours. The market is much, much bigger for real estate photo shoots. Most real estate photographers offer Matterport as an Add On. It's not 100 percent of their business. Plus, when you take this course, you will see why a Ricoh Theta Z1 ($1,000) would make sense for Matterport for residential real estate (unless you are interested in Matterport meets GIS - which can come latter). While the WGAN Community will tell you the quality of the Pro2 is superior to the Ricoh Theta Z1, the Ricoh Theta Z1 is good enough so that you can offer your virtual tours at a competitive price point (much faster workflow).

Since you have a geeky background, I could imagine that you will still buy the Matterport Pro2 3D Camera against my advice:

Are you thinking about buying a Matterport Pro2 Camera for the first time?

Before you by a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera, please research other 3D/360 virtual tour platforms such as:

Asteroom
EyeSpy360
InsideMaps
Metareal Stage
Nodalview

All these platforms can be shot with a Ricoh Theta Z1. Plus, you can shoot the tours much faster than a Matterport tour (and cost far less).

Please see my WGAN Forum post:

Free WGAN Cheat Sheet: Which Virtual Tour Platform is Best (for Me)?

If you only want to do virtual tours, buy this course first:

Virtual Tour Pro Course by Ben Claremont with WGAN Coupon Code: WGANVTP

Now that I have confused you about the two courses above:

Virtual Tour Pro Course versus Real Estate Photographer Pro Course

What follow-up questions do you have?

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
Ah your the best Dan, Thank you so much for all this info! I will be combing through it this week as well as into the weekend. I will message you back with my findings. I cant tell you how much I appreciate all this info! You are the best sir. Thank you so much!
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Benrk0385

Thank you. It's likely that others reading this have same/similar questions.

So, please do post your follow-up questions.

Best,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
101436 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?