Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Door StopsGearShopping

Got a favorite doorstop for Matterport shoots? (Here are mine!)14069

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab: WGAN Curated List of Matterport Gear (and Related) Shopping App

Video Wedge-It Door Stops (20,225 Views!)

Hi All,

If you have trouble keeping big doors open - or wind causing doors to close - treat yourself to some Wedge-It Door Stops.

I am so exacted about them, I wrote this article about them!

WGAN Curated List of Matterport Gear (and Related) Shopping App

What's your favorite door stop?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
cgraft private msg quote post Address this user
I have "given away" probably 20+ doorstops while scanning (forgotten one or two here and there).

Maybe we need door stops that tie to our car keys? (Tesla owners this post isn't for you)
Post 2 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@cgraft I got to find door stops with my logo on them because I leave a couple on location a few times a year
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@ron0987

How about a label or sticker to add to the door stop of your choice?

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Perhaps a pioneering WGAN forum member with a 3D printer could offer this service.
Post 5 IP   flag post
DougMagners private msg quote post Address this user
Our solution isn't as flashy as those in the video, but we just have a sling bag full of shims so we only use what we need (low cuts only need one shim, others may need 5, and occasionally the really high cuts take 2 handfuls hahaha). Also, shims are relatively inexpensive and ubiquitous, so if we forget a few, it's not the end of the world.

I just want to point out in the early days of my scanning business, we had a couple salty facilities guys yell at us for putting the shims on the hinge side between the door and the jamb (as shown in the first example of the above video) because they claimed it messes up the doors/hinges. I have no idea if that is true but we now only wedge the shims under the doors so as to not tick off the facilities guys who are often our gatekeepers and the difference between a smooth scanning day and a horrible day.

Thanks for the recommendation Dan!
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
We need door stops with a shopping cart beacon that sounds off when we get too far away and about to get in our car to leave a property.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
I use to always carry 4-5 doorstops of various sizes. Then I got smart and I now use wadded up toilet paper...free and works 95% of the time. Haven't lost a door stop since I switched.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@rzphotoman Photos for context?
Post 9 IP   flag post
101436 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?