Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 31 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360Google Street ViewGSVNewbies

How to update Street View/Road View Google Maps?14049

williebehlings private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all,

I have done a number of matterport to google tours for interior... but I recently had a contact ask me if I can update the actual road/street view of their recently remodeled location.

I would likely shoot it with a DSLR.

Can I use Gothru or another and just put the photos in the road?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@williebehlings

I have done a bit with just the street view app - though for larger projects something like go through would be a better solution I believe.

If they are looking to add roads that are NOT there on google maps yet this can also be done by taking photo of the actual street signs then report a missing road via the help section of google maps.

I do a bit of this in our new construction neighborhoods
Post 2 IP   flag post
Lambda_Photography private msg quote post Address this user
I use 3DVista for both my tours and for adding them onto Google Street View
Ben Claremont has a YouTube video on 360 Software, excluding MP, and he talks about which applications are best suited to this
Post 3 IP   flag post
TakedaSan private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @williebehlings,

You could use the Panoskin TrailBlazer and a GoPro 360° camera to update it.

https://www.panoskin.com/trailblazer

King regards,

Takeda
IMG360.com.br
Post 4 IP   flag post
SiteTour360 private msg quote post Address this user
You can use any of the Street View certified cameras and upload directly. Keep in mind you’ll need to upload a couple hundred meters to get Blue Line and your imagery will not replace the GSV thumbnail in the GMB profile. If the quality of imagery is good and Google imagery is a couple of years old, you should eventually show up as the default Street View for that section.
Post 5 IP   flag post
williebehlings private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the confirmation and direction y’all!
Post 6 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@SiteTour360 I am not sure when you last uploaded to Google Street View, the last two models have not connected even when updating an older blue line. All I get from Google is even though the model is newer and replaced the older blue line they will not connect. But if you were going to try anything I have seen the best results from @TakedaSan advice, I just wont buy a Gopro 360 after buying a Ricoh Theta Z.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I’ve uploaded probably 50 miles to various accounts in the last month. The only problem I’ve had is slow publishing due to a Google problem. I’ve had good success with GoPro Max but hate the cumbersome work flow. I use LabPano EE and NCTech Pulsar. The Z1 and insta cameras should work but haven’t done much testing with them.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thank you for the info I look into Labpano.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I HIGHLY recommend the Lab Pano EE camera!
Post 10 IP   flag post
@SiteTour360 Thank you for the info, it use to be so easy to upload and work as a Google Street View Photographer now I feel I am chasing my tail. I used DSLR and rotator, even used Gopro and rotator with no issue and now bought 2 Matterport cameras that can't be used in the street or daylight. Buy a Ricoh Theta V and can input single 360 photos but won't work with video. Google Street View conference recommends Theta Z I get it and Google Street view seems to be coming to a screeching halt. I just can't do it knowing Google tech support is almost none existing. I wish they would say we don't actively support the program.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
@SiteTour360 is right, you need a camera that can record a GSV video. It is a special format video where every frame has location data in it. Simple 360 video recording won't work at all for blue lines.

Then you can use tools provided by the camera manufacturer(or 3rd party) to upload it to Google for processing. The cheapest one will be Insta360 OneX but if you can invest in Pilot One EE you will get much better resolution.

When you submit your video to Google you do it without specifying any place or street name, you simply upload it, google finds where it has been taken based on location data in each frame, strip frames from it and publish them as a blue line.

Keep in mind that your blue line most likely to be a second choice to the one created by Google. To see it maps users need to access publishing timeline on Google Maps(top left corner) and switch to yours. By default Google will always shows their own no matter how outdated it is.

I could make my blue line default on my street and every time I open maps there I can see mine by default. However it can act as default on my PC only as my personal choice and everybody else is shown the one created by Google 11 years ago.

Stay away from Theta V/Z1 if you want to use it to capture any street view under their app. They have bugs in the app and it screws up location data a lot. If you are going to use them with Google Street View app it locationd data should be ok.

DSLR obviously won't work for blue lines.
Post 12 IP   flag post
101634 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?