Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360AdviceCapture AppProblemsScansTipsVirtual Staging

Removal of two scans from Matterport tour? Other solutions?14037

Shawn_P private msg quote post Address this user
Good morning everyone,

Is there a way for matterport to edit out this person? Or do you know of any third party vendor that can from this one section? The space in currently being moved in so rescanning isn't an option. I looked to see if I could delete the scan position but I get an "orphan scan" warning. Photo attached.

Thanks in advance
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
Currently, the only fixes for this is rescanning that position or hiding that position
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Shawn_P

Ugh! I feel your pain!

You might try checking with Matterport Virtual Staging Value-Added Reseller Peterborough, England-Based Imagineer Consulting Founder Angus Norriss (@AngusNorriss)

Transcript: WGAN-TV How to do Virtual Staging of Matterport Spaces

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod Thanks Dan!

lilnitsch had a great suggestion. I also had an unavoidable camera in bathroom mirror situation.(Huge bathroom mirror right in line with the bathroom door) Is that something Imagineer Consulting could possibly remedy?
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Shawn_P
I also had an unavoidable camera in bathroom mirror situation.(Huge bathroom mirror right in line with the bathroom door) Is that something Imagineer Consulting could possibly remedy?

Yes; in theory. Your project - two scans - may be too small a project or there may be a minimum project price. You might send a Private Message to @AngusNorriss ...

Also, like @lilnitsch suggested, perhaps you can hide scans to avoid the two problematic scans?

Please let us know what you decide to do.

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with @lilnitsch, just “hide” the individual scan position in the Edit panel. If you need help with how this is done, reach out. It’s easy.

In the capture app, be aware that deleting a scan position will almost always present you with a “orphan scan” warning. However, most of the time this does not adversely affect neighboring scans, as long as there are other scans that roughly cover the area being deleted. While shooting, I often catch myself reflected in a mirror or something like this. I delete the scan, accept the “orphan” warning and everything is fine. It’s no different even if done later on such as in your situation.

However, this being said, in your situation there is no need to delete the scan and reprocess, because “hiding” the scan accomplishes the same thing, faster, and without worry!

Here is a magnificent custom home I scanned nearly 5 years ago. Two years ago it burned to the ground in LA’s Woolley Fire, but it still stands virtually. The former owner, who built the home, last year was roaming through the Matterport and found one position where, in the background, reflected in a mirror, I could be seen hiding in a bathroom during the scan - SEATED ON A TOILET! Yep, looks like I was doing some business! I haven’t yet found the scan in this 11,000 sf mansion, but I know it’s there as he showed me a screen capture!

If anyone has too much time on their hands, let me know where it is!

LINK TO THE FULL WP3D Models website. Matterport is in 3rd window. Scroll down.
31700LoboCanyon.com

Post 6 IP   flag post
@Home3D I have hidden the scan. which worked. Currently kicking myself because I thought I was out of sight. So crisis avoided.

Currently, I'm explaining that the reflection in one of the bathroom mirrors was unavoidable given it's orientation is squarely in the threshold of the door. Have you ever dropped the camera below the range of the mirror?
Post 7 IP   flag post
@lilnitsch Thanks man, much appreciated
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Shawn_P

Not a problem. I do my best to hide the camera from mirrors when scanning however, sometimes it is just unavoidable.

I had a double-wide shoot (just Zillow 3D home tour & stills) earlier this week where one of the walls was completely mirrored in the living room.

I let homeowners & agents know I do my best to minimize cameras appearing in reflections in both Zillow & Matterport tour but, neither platform allows me to photoshop anything out of the imagery. This is also great opportunity to ask if there is anything they want featured or more importantly not shown in the tour.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@lilnitsch @Home3D @DanSmigrod

Thanks again to everyone. This community is solid. Have a great weekend.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Home3D ~ Found it

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=3pw51pocSUx&ts=3&guides=0&sr=-2.84,-.35&ss=154
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@lilnitsch @Home3D

Ha! Too funny!

Happens to all of us!

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
101436 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?